• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can or how do you think my PC can handle DOOM 3?

I have:

AMD Athlon 1.3 ghz processor
512 DDR RAM
GEFORCE 3

I know that they said a minimun 1.5 ghz processor, but since I'm so close to it anyway, I thought it might not make to big a difference. Or will it? What sacrifices to resolution and such may I have to make?

Will I get alot of good graphic features still? and doyou think it will look better than the XBOX version?

all help appreciated.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It will run decently, I suppose...but you will probably experience plenty of dips below 15 fps depending on what's going on.

Sirolf

Yep..It's very close to the min. specs for the CPU and your GeForce3 is more powerful than the GeForce mx 440 so...:) Don't worry!

PS:take a good look at the benchmarks at HARDOCP and you will see your rig is still on course

EDIT:Like dark said,you should expect some frame drop here and here but it will still be a good experience!

Sirolf said:
Yep..It's very close to the min. specs for the CPU and your GeForce3 is more powerful than the GeForce mx 440 so...:) Don't worry!

PS:take a good look at the benchmarks at HARDOCP and you will see your rig is still on course

EDIT:Like dark said,you should expect some frame drop here and here but it will still be a good experience!

Thanks. What resolution should I play at you think? if I keep it lower, will I be able to get better performane in sonething else?

Gattsu25

Banned
You should be good with lower settings

In most cases, lower resolutions bring better framerates...though I have seen quite a few odd eggs (like Morrowind that ran like ass until I bumped the resolution up to 1280*1024)

640*480 is a good start...if you PC can handle that and you think you can stand a framerate dip below that then try 800*600

Bregor

Blazing Sword said:
Thanks. What resolution should I play at you think? if I keep it lower, will I be able to get better performane in sonething else?

Why don't you go look at that thread / article about hardware configurations and what settings they can play Doom 3 at?

FriScho

1090787143TO62AMOEWX_5_2.gif

Top Bottom