• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone post the EGM rumors?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
wario.gif

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Ive heard this might be one...

SEGA MAKES SOME NEW FRIENDS:

You've probably heard by now that acclaimed GameCube developer Silicon Knights recently left the Nintendo round table. So what are they up to these days? word around town is that Silicon Knights is joining forces with the house that Sonic built. And get this-their top-secret project for Sega is an Xbox game. Talk about Giving the big N the stink eye...

Can anyone confirm it? My issue probably wont arrive until tomorrow at the earliest(no mail delivery on the weekend, duh!!).

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
The rumors are the following:

Dead or Alive 4 will be on Xbox 2 as soon as next year.

Epic Games will have a third person action game on Xbox 2 at launch. That technology demo they showed was actually early work from the game.

Silicon Knights is making an Xbox game for Sega.

Revolution will be backwards compatible.

Bioware has a sci-fi themed RPG well under way on a console (doesn't specify if it will be Xbox or Xbox 2)

Vyse

Gold Member
Seems a bit Xbox heavy for EGM rumors. Don't they try to balance with the systems so they don't get hate mail?

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Vyse said:
Seems a bit Xbox heavy for EGM rumors. Don't they try to balance with the systems so they don't get hate mail?

I was kind of surprised by that myself. The only non-Xbox rumor was a common sense one about the Revolution.

SK can make games for whoever they like but its still going to look like ass.

plus they need to change their ugly ass logo. I swear I should sue them for having to look at it when I boot up ED or MGSTTS. ARRRGH Teh Pain.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I dunno, I thought Twin Snakes looked great. Some great texturing and lighting. Models were a mixed bag, though I liked most of them.

bobafett

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
I dunno, I thought Twin Snakes looked great. Some great texturing and lighting. Models were a mixed bag, though I liked most of them.

Nope. It looks like MGS on steroids. MGS2 is prettier, no to mention the new MGS3.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Anyone remember that part in the underground in Eternal Darkness where they used a texture on a wall to show those towers or whatever? It looked so terrible. I can't describe it since it's been so long since I've played that crappy game

ED was fugtastic. Stopped playing and sold the game after getting my corneas scratched to death. There was a big ugly demon thing in the floor that looked like a sphincter. It was fugly. That sphincter is indicative of SK's skills if anything.

Sega's still trying to pump out exclusive titles for Xbox, eh? Why don't they just make their own fucking system again? Sega has some relationship issues.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Screw SK, Xbox/Xbox2 can live without their titles, i want this sci-fi bioware RPG...KOTOR3? Or a Microsoft game, if only MS owned the rights to a kickass sci-fi RPG universe.....................

Sorry i passed out with glee there for a minute, SHADOWRUN.

Solid

Farore said:
Indeed. Some models were OK... but others (like Alex)... fugly!
That's pretty much my thoughts exactly. Kinda funny that the main character is the ugliest of them all :p

Still a great game though, I love it despite the graphic. Best game on the Cube imo.

AniHawk said:
An exclusive nonsports Sega game on the Xbox eh? Haven't we been down this road 15 fucking times before?

I was going to say, it doesn't exactly smack of great thinking on either's part. What are SK thinking, lets get together with Sega, whose publishing record is shaky to say the least, and make a game for the Xbox, where their performance hasn't just been middling, it's been downright dire.

And Sega are thinking, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, what, they've produced two games in recent years, both on the Cube, and the Xbox is pretty much going to have it's last hurray this Xmas, before winding down for 2005, to make way for its successor, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox, Xbox.

Ghost said:
Screw SK, Xbox/Xbox2 can live without their titles, i want this sci-fi bioware RPG...KOTOR3? Or a Microsoft game, if only MS owned the rights to a kickass sci-fi RPG universe.....................

Sorry i passed out with glee there for a minute, SHADOWRUN.
My thoughts exactly.

Meier

Wario64 said:
Requesting EGM rumors from the latest issue

- Development kits for Xbox 2 are already being sent out -- someone from a very, very, very large publisher thinks Xbox 2 will be #1 next gen (EA maybe? would explain hopping on the XBL train)

- new Spidey 2 game (not the one(s) for PSP/DS) next year, based on the early comic book; retro look for Spidey

- DQ8, FFXII and KH 2 possibly in '05 in the US; DQ8 will ship before FFXII in the US as well as Japan

- Tiger Woods Street in development

- new Tales game but not a direct sequel to ToS for Cube

Also, EGM has a November 2004 date for Katamai Damacy. WEE!

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Im liking the sound of another Spidey 2 game, given that the movie license didnt really do anything for the current game. If they can just flesh out the random crime fighting elements it could be a really good game, plus Comic book universe = better bad guys.

Hellraizah

Meier said:
- Development kits for Xbox 2 are already being sent out -- someone from a very, very, very large publisher thinks Xbox 2 will be #1 next gen (EA maybe? would explain hopping on the XBL train)
You don't need to be from a large publisher to figure that out. I know I did.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Saw on G4TV tonight: A sequel to Return to Castle Wolfenstein is already on the way. This isn't a rumor but confirmed by id themselves.

Top Bottom