Finish reading the thread. You can't sell a used digitial copy obviously, but they could buy back. A buy back of 10% of original digital license purchase cost popped up on a survey sent out from MS.
I'm not sure why you are trying to explain what the concept of a software license is. It has no context in what I'm saying. When I say "You can't sell a used digital copy, obviously", the word "obviously", in my statement, is implying the obvious.... that the concept doesn't make sense.I've read the thread and I know what you are referencing. You haven't answered my question here......how does a digital copy of a game become used?
Also, someone else has brought up a very good point about how these details came to surface later and nothing was ever stopping Microsoft from implementing it in such a way that people would have actually liked it but they chose not to do it.
Also, the answer is, there is no such thing as a used digital game. You have a digital copy of a game which you can then switch the license over to someone else. There is no wear/tear on a digital game so it never becomes "used". I know people are trying or forcing to apply that logic here but it doesn't work. There are many software apps where we buy a license, that entitles us to activate them on multiple devices or activate or deactivate between two devices.
Microsoft had that option. I think they do that with Office anyway.
I'm not sure why you are trying to explain what the concept of a software license is. It has no context in what I'm saying. When I say "You can't sell a used digital copy, obviously", the word "obviously", in my statement, is implying the obvious.... that the concept doesn't make sense.
Edit: We are saying the same thing.
Why the hell would publishers ever agree to that?
People were not fine with it.
It already exists, OP. They're quite popular in Latin America by the way, with several Instagram and Facebook pages. I can give you links if you want to.My thought:
- Create a new PSN/XBL account +email
- buy the game u want with the "burner" account
- play it with your own primary account, so trophies/achievements are earned on your main account
- sell the "burner" account (email +pw) with the digital purchase after playing through the game.
That way you can:
- play through the campaign for maybe 10$ in the best case (if you buy for 70$ and sell for 60$ after a week for example)
- buyer can enjoy a almost brand new game for lower price and can sell the account again for probably no or lil loss (depends on discount on PSN/Xbox store)
- you can buy the 100$ cheaper PS5 DE (or XBSS) and spend those 100$/200$ on games
- buy and sell those games and save money
- instant buying/selling possible
- no need for shipping
- you save the planet (no plastic, shipping, co2 emission)
- you need a marketplace/platform to sell
- must pay for marketplace fee (if its not a forum)
- does not work for MP games (if its good you would probably want to play it forever)
Are there any online platforms/marketplaces where you can sell PSN/XBL accounts/games? I know there are "CDkeys" for PS4/XBO but are mostly the same price as on PSN Store etc. Only PC cd-keys are way cheaper than on Steam most of the time.
What do you think?