• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we take a moment to appreciate the DCAU?

Elcid

Banned
Let me start with I own all the movies on blu-ray and freaking love each of them individually.
Contrary to most people I loved New 52 and stopped reading DC when they rebooted it out of existence.
I hate when people wipe their asses with established canon so I was super pleased that New 52 was starting from scratch with a clean slate, then that slate got shit on, repeatedly.
From Wikipedia:
These are the movies officially in the DCAU universe canon and can I just say, they are all awesome?!
Rumor is Batman: Hush takes place in the same universe so I am super excited for it.
I personally am a canon whore, so I am REALLY hoping they stick to this universe instead of rebooting it again.
The stories are all so fun, and they clearly have a lot of freedom with what they can do with them.
For a guy that LOVES DC, I personally hate the live action movies, even Dark Knight Rises sucks imo, but I am very invested into this animated universe.
I am disappointed that we're only getting 3 movies a year, but so far each has been quality.
Anyone else love this universe as much as I do?

Yeah the animated films are great. I just watched Reign of Supermen couple nights ago.

My favorite is Flashpoint though. Great storytelling

Last edited:
Loved how the Suicide Squad film aped the grindhouse aesthetic to their advantage. I need to catch up on all of these. I wonder how the upcoming animated movies/shows will be like.

Last edited:

trikster40

Yeah I’ve watched quite a few of those in the last month or so. Dark, Flashpoint, JL vs TT, Death of Supes, and Reign of Supermen. Really like Flashpoint, loved what they did with the alternate universe.

Loved how Bats was actually Thomas and the Joker was Martha gone insane after the death of Bruce

slade

Just finished watching both of the Superman movies earlier today. I was kind of hoping they would go with the Coast City destruction that led to Hal Jordan's mental breakdown leading to the Emerald Twilight storyline and then Jordan's stint as a villain for a little while.

The movies are good but they end up being too much of a departure from the comics for my liking. You have to have a plan for your cinematic universe to be any good and this new DCAU is still too haphazard and too focused on Batman to really make a mark.

Top Bottom