• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can You Build a GAMING PC with PS5 Specs?

Alphagear

What if they want to play stuff like DOTA2 or Valorant or Total War? What if you want to play on an ultra wide monitor?

It all depends what you want to do. If you are interested in PS5 and PS5 games, then yes it's silly to say "well instead of that I'll spend $1000 to build a PC that is sort of like it spec-wise." But nobody, I mean nobody, is going to do that.

Thats all I was trying to say.

What my console can't do my phone/tablet can...
I'm saying that as a user with a topend PC.
At $500.00 for gaming since we're on a gaming forum consoles are the best, I wouldnt own a PC at less than $1k in costs.
I'm unsure what point you are trying to make? I doubt a tablet or phone can run full fledged photoshop, AutoCAD, 3D modeling software, running physics engines, editing 4K content, etc.

I don't get what you are arguing here? A topend PC would have cost more than a next gen console. You started that you own one...

Alphagear

How would that NOT be possible to have better performance? Even with the same specs, couldn't you overclock the cpu or gpu for the simple fact that you'll have waaaay better cooling.

Why couldn't you play at a higher resolution? You could bump the resolution to 12k if you wanted to, granted performance wouldn't be anything to brag about.

Why couldn't you have better image quality? Turn the sliders up from console quality to PC ultra quality. Literally every PC game let's you change this.

And why couldn't you have better framerates with the same specs? If I only disable vsync, that alone would give a framerate boost, as well as changing a setting or two.

We're all having a laugh.

I have yet to see a PC with the same specs as a console perform better.

I have a PC superior to the PS4 pro yet the PS4 provides better performance and higher resolutions on the same games.

I have yet to see a PC with the same specs as a console perform better.

I have a PC superior to the PS4 pro yet the PS4 provides better performance and higher resolutions on the same games.
What are your specs, and what games are you comparing? Did you lower the settings to match the ps4 pro equivalent settings? There are plenty of videos that show what the equivalent settings are to consoles in games like RDR2, AC: Odyssey, etc.

I didn't realise most steam players are peasants with their cheap ass GPUs.
Most popular GPU on steam survey outclasses the ps4 pro and x1x though...

Alphagear

Okay. Yea, and my point is that its fine to spend $1000 on a PS5 type machine if you want to do stuff that you can’t on console.

This whole “can you build a PC blah blah” is just the wrong question as I said before.

So true.

"Why buy a PS5 when you can build a Gaming only PC equivalent for twice the cost". Ridiculous.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
The question is, when Pc gamers will be able to build a PC like the PS5 for $500 including a premium gamepad and a operative system ready to play next gen games.

What in the world is a “premium gamepad?”

I’ve been playing “next-gen” games for years. RDR2 at 4K 60fps is pretty next gen to me. Destiny 2 at 4K/60fps I’ve been playing for a couple years now as well and that’s just coming to console at launch.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Then you just lower the settings until it does run at 144 FPS. Can't do that on a console either, even if it's theoretically powerful enough.
But (IMHO) the bigger issue for PC is whether the games you get - that are ports of AAA console developed games - actually get the same AI as the PlayStation or Xbox console certified tested versions.

Accommodating a plethora of slider setting changes on PC doesn't come without potentially untested side effect issues - like desyncing AI and breaking the difficulty of a game.

Back in the day I remember playing HL2, Batman and Lost planet on PS3, 360, PC - demos of some on the platforms - and realising that the PC AI wasn't as difficult at 60fps(capped) as the console counterparts., and because of that I did try different difficulties in case they were just set differently, but that wasn't the issue. The AI on consoles definitely seemed more intricate., balanced and challenging - which I then assumed was because higher AI processing on unknown PC specs is costly to test with no upside, and only likely to result in raising the min specs that limit possible PC game sales, and makes things even harder when PC gamers want to run everything at 60fps or above - which then further limits CPU time to dedicate to AI.

On your average game? What resolution do you play at?
1080p, since that's all my monitor can handle. I'm willing to go below that if I want a game to hit a certain frame rate. I played OW at 720p upscaled before my last upgrade.

Accommodating a plethora of slider setting changes on PC doesn't come without potentially untested side effect issues - like desyncing AI and breaking the difficulty of a game.
I've never heard of this happening in any game. Has someone actually tested and documented this?

diffusionx

Gold Member
But (IMHO) the bigger issue for PC is whether the games you get - that are ports of AAA console developed games - actually get the same AI as the PlayStation or Xbox console certified tested versions.

Back in the day I remember playing HL2, Batman and Lost planet on PS3, 360, PC - demos of some on the platforms - and realising that the PC AI wasn't as difficult at 60fps(capped) as the console counterparts., and because of that I did try different difficulties in case they were just set differently, but that wasn't the issue. The AI on consoles definitely seemed more intricate., balanced and challenging - which I then assumed was because higher AI processing on unknown PC specs is costly to test with no upside, and only likely to result in raising the min specs that limit possible PC game sales, and makes things even harder when PC gamers want to run everything at 60fps or above - which then further limits CPU time to dedicate to AI.

Uhh what? I've literally never heard of this, ever.

Are you sure the game wasn't easier because you were using a mouse and keyboard, and the game was smoother and more responsive at the higher frame rate? Doom 2016, for example, was a far "easier" game with mouse and keyboard just because it was so much better to play.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

I've never heard of this happening in any game. Has someone actually tested and documented this?
Just think about the problem a developer has in balancing game difficulty, and what information they need to know in advance to achieve that objective. With so many unknowns - particularly frame rendering time if people want to go from 30fps up to 144fps, and then how much time does that give the AI process- 1/144 sec? Or does it still run AI at 30fps? And if so what are the implications?

Whether PC gamers like it or not, the fixed specs of consoles provide devs with zero unknows for such tasks - other than their own time/resources/ability to do the job. Consoles are the core customer that pays for most AAA games getting made(IMO), and the bigger the gulf between low and high PC hardware specs, the harder it is for devs to provide the same quality of product for PC gamers; especially as PlayStation/Xbox games have to be tested by the publisher and then pass submission testing at platform holder testing before going gold. The wild west of the PC is great on one hand, but is there money being spent on certification/quality control on Steam, etc, anymore so than App store or google play store?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Just think about the problem a developer has in balancing game difficulty, and what information they need to know in advance to achieve that objective. With so many unknowns - particularly frame rendering time if people want to go from 30fps up to 144fps, and then how much time does that give the AI process- 1/144 sec? Or does it still run AI at 30fps? And if so what are the implications?

Whether PC gamers like it or not, the fixed specs of consoles provide devs with zero unknows for such tasks - other than their own time/resources/ability to do the job. Consoles are the core customer that pays for most AAA games getting made(IMO), and the bigger the gulf between low and high PC hardware specs, the harder it is for devs to provide the same quality of product for PC gamers; especially as PlayStation/Xbox games have to be tested by the publisher and then pass submission testing at platform holder testing before going gold. The wild west of the PC is great on one hand, but is there money being spent on certification/quality control on Steam, etc, anymore so than App store or google play store?

Most game logic these days is written to be independent of frame rate. I don't exactly know what implications you are talking about, other than theoretically the AI would "update" at a slower rate than you can, which could give the perception that the game is easier, or make it easier. But it is the same routines.

As to your second point, that's not really true. Here is Ubisoft's earnings press release: https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/04ubisoft fy20 earnings pr english final_tcm99-361804_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

Look on page 8. They actually make as much on PC as they do on PS4, and Xbox is way behind. And actually, I've been tracking this for a few years for some reason, and the PC used to be well behind the PS4, which says that the PC is growing faster than console (but consoles always slow down towards the end of the gen). The PC is absolutely vital for publishers which is why they are putting everything on it. And it's true that console games have to be certified, but check out Steam boards if a publisher releases a shitty PC version. They get held accountable.

Last edited:
I don't wanna "just think" about this. I want some hard proof of this actually being a documented issue in any game, ever.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Why even do this now, or at launch day or whenever? Is it Sony trying to make the PS5 seem cheap or? People don't even know what the consoles include or cost yet. Moreover, if you wanna think about it with the mainstream budget friendly mindset, do it a couple years past launch when enough people actually have also bought into the consoles, not that many people get them at launch in the grand scheme of things. I imagine with $1000 or less you'll be able to get a way more capable system, with the bonus of not paying subscriptions for basic features, having near infinite backwards compatibility (and not even just PC but also consoles with emulation, at least the generations they actually had exclusives the PC could miss) and all kinds of truly free (not subscription enabled) games and mods and non gaming capabilities on top without locking yourself to a first party's own ecosystem (including hardware accessories, there's so much godness on PC for enthusiasts on this or that, not just a single brand/model of a flight stick or VR kit or whatever other crap but whatever you want and need tailored to yourself) they should be paying you to use as it benefits them so much they really should make the hardware way cheaper for the benefit. I mean, any household needs a nice computing device for other office type tasks (or other specific to the household tasks based on hobbies like development or video or image editing or even playing that one f2p dota or pubg clone, or streaming or whatever) so it's not that much extra to make it a decent gaming PC on top (I mean, if you weren't gonna buy some slow ass sorry pos PC or tablet from craigslist but a nice modern device with all that stuff such companies overcharge for when you can build better).

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Most game logic these days is written to be independent of frame rate. I don't exactly know what implications you are talking about, other than theoretically the AI would "update" at a slower rate than you can, which could give the perception that the game is easier, or make it easier. But it is the same routines.

As to your second point, that's not really true. Here is Ubisoft's earnings press release: https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/comsite_common/en-US/images/04ubisoft fy20 earnings pr english final_tcm99-361804_tcm99-196733-32.pdf

Look on page 8. They actually make as much on PC as they do on PS4, and Xbox is way behind. And actually, I've been tracking this for a few years for some reason, and the PC used to be well behind the PS4, which says that the PC is growing faster than console (but consoles always slow down towards the end of the gen). The PC is absolutely vital for publishers which is why they are putting everything on it. And it's true that console games have to be certified, but check out Steam boards if a publisher releases a shitty PC version. They get held accountable.
My point is the AAA games aren't viable to make without the PlayStation and Xbox ecosystem, but are without PC.

Consoles are also the main visible source of marketing for PC AAA games that will generate a PC sale - in all likelihood - and I doubt PC costs take a third of that burden when factoring it as a revenue stream. PC being completely digital also makes them more, with less people taking a cut than console sales.

I believe that exclusive AAA on PC being unviable has been true for years, as HL2 was probably the last big game to target PC without parallel console development (AFAIK), and in the console space it was a AA game because it was sold with other games in a collection to add value for the asking price. Outside of console developed ports to PC I can't think of any AAA games, that aren't really just AA games with lots of GPU crippling fx settings.

As for the AI, in most cases I suspect it is the same routines - although with guaranteed CPU resources on console, that might be less true based on parallelism of that same code-, but the AI would still respond differently because the other inputs to the game have changed because of PC slider settings.

AI has a symbiotic relationship with the player's feedback loop, best shown in fighting games.. Change one, you change the other, and without thorough testing at those other settings, to ensure it is the same challenge, you are effectively beta-testing at higher frame-rates (IMHO).

RedVIper

Banned
Yes its possible but for the same price not a chance in hell.

The Ryzen 3700 cpu is around 300-350 pounds alongwith a motherboard.

The 5700xt is 350-400 pounds alone.

16gb ram another 70-80 pounds.

God knows how much a ps5 equivalent ssd would cost. Lets say 100 pounds.

Lets not forget PSU, case etc.

You are looking at paying around 1000 pounds for a PS5 spec PC.

The PS5 will be half that amount. Who in their right mind will choose to build that PC over the ps5.

Ryzen 3700 is significantly faster than the CPU on ps5, hell the 2700 is faster than the CPU on ps5 and it costs 150$.

PC can do way more things than the PS5 can.

This entire discussion is stupid.

teezzy

Banned
I play on PC for the variety and exclusives, and having complete control over the hardware of my machine.

Console elitists act like gaming on a PC requires a degree in microphysiology or something.

"But what about drivers and too many settings!"

Shut up.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
The PS5 equivalent GPU that Mark Cerny was talking about in the Road to PS5 reveal will probably release before PS5 and run $300-350.

RedVIper

Banned

The only devs still tying game logic to framerate are Japense devs, and even they have been moving way from that practice.

diffusionx

Gold Member
My point is the AAA games aren't viable to make without the PlayStation and Xbox ecosystem, but are without PC.

No, that's not true though. Look at the PDF I linked - PC makes up 1/4th of Ubi revenue, same as PS4. Xbox is only 15%. Ubisoft games would not be viable taking away 1/4th of sales. The truth is that these publishers/developers need ALL platforms these days to make their games viable. Which is why all the games launch on all platforms. Obviously this is different if you are a first party, or if you're an edge case like a niche JRPG developer, but even they are finding out that a lot of money is to be made on PC (Atlus - Persona 4 Golden).

As for whether or not a game can survive on just the PC, I dunno. What's the point? Like if I am making some fancy FPS or RPG, why wouldn't I put it on every platform? Consoles are so similar to PC these days by design. Just put them on everything. That said, PC gets some big time exclusives - I would consider something like Total War to be a AAA game - but there are other issues like interface and control that keep them off the console.

Last edited:

Kerotan

You can easily build a PC that rivals/surpasses the next-gen consoles.
Of course, you will probably pay close to double the amount of a console. But a PC is capable of doing more than just gaming.

At this point, consoles are essentially a "budget-friendly" version of a PC.
This recent video from Digital Foundry puts into perspective how underwhelming the next gen consoles will be... I miss the days of huge generational leaps. SNES to N64. N64 to Gamecube. PS2 to PS3.
More like a better value version of a pc

Alphagear

Ryzen 3700 is significantly faster than the CPU on ps5, hell the 2700 is faster than the CPU on ps5 and it costs 150$.

PC can do way more things than the PS5 can.

This entire discussion is stupid.

PS5 has a 7nm Zen 2 8 core cpu equivalent to the Ryzen 3700x.

2700 is 12nm Zen+ is inferior.

You cannot get a 3700x with a motherboard for anything less than 300-350 pounds. Which is around 350-400 dollars converted.

You say PC can do way more things than PS5 can.

What PC?

RedVIper

Banned
PS5 has a 7nm Zen 2 8 core cpu equivalent to the Ryzen 3700x.

2700 is 12nm Zen+ is inferior.

You cannot get a 3700x with a motherboard for anything less than 300-350 pounds. Which is around 350-400 dollars converted.

You say PC can do way more things than PS5 can.

What PC?

The CPU max speed is 3.5GHz, the 3700x is way faster than that.

My 10 year old pc can do more things than the PS5.

Alphagear

The CPU max speed is 3.5GHz, the 3700x is way faster than that.

My 10 year old pc can do more things than the PS5.
It is an underclocked 3700x.

7nm Zen 2.

What specs does your 10 year old PC have?

You have a CPU and GPU superior to a 3700x and 5700xt from 10 years back? Are you serious?

Last edited:

RedVIper

Banned
It is an underclocked 3700x.

7nm Zen 2.

What specs does your 10 year old PC have?

You have a CPU and GPU superior to a 3700x and 5700xt from 10 years back?

I don't think you understand what "more" means.

My 10 year old PC has more uses than just gaming, it can do more stuff than the PS5 will.

PaintTinJr

The only devs still tying game logic to framerate are Japense devs, and even they have been moving way from that practice.

I believe I said "frame time", because as you decrease frame time, you decrease AI processing time, while also increasing the user input rate - more user inputs that might change what the AI routine returns, as its result compared to a different frame time on a system with a different number of cores at a different clock-rate - unless you under utilise the console cycles for AI and cap the updates to the minimum specs of the PC version.

I believe you either have to let the AI processing results diverge (as I believe they do), or lock input rate and AI updates to the lowest common denominator - which makes no sense to limit AI processing on fixed console hardware (IMO).

RedVIper

Banned
I believe I said "frame time", because as you decrease frame time, you decrease AI processing time, while also increasing the user input rate - more user inputs that might change what the AI routine returns, as its result compared to a different frame time on a system with a different number of cores at a different clock-rate - unless you under utilise the console cycles for AI and cap the updates to the minimum specs of the PC version.

I believe you either have to let the AI processing results diverge (as I believe they do), or lock input rate and AI updates to the lowest common denominator - which makes no sense to limit AI processing on fixed console hardware (IMO).

I mean, talking about one or the other here is pretty irrelevant, frame time is tied to framerate, as one goes up the other goes down.

Again do you have any actual examples of this on modern games? Because the ones are know are either old games that were meant to be played on fixed hardware (And you can break them on emulators if you unlock the framerate) or Japanese devs like Fromsoftware.

Thinking about the problem would be the "hard proof".

But I'm completely cool with it, if that isn't for you.
Dude, you haven't even demonstrated that this little "problem" of yours even exists. What sort of world do you live in where thinking up hypothetical explanations for hypothetical problems counts as hard proof?

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Dude, you haven't even demonstrated that this little "problem" of yours even exists. What sort of world do you live in where thinking up hypothetical explanations for hypothetical problems counts as hard proof?
Sorry, it is a basic sample theory and computation problem.

Surely people that can research the latest and greatest PC parts and build gaming PCs on Neogaf are technical enough to understand a cornerstone technology topic like sample theory, no? hence why I said "think about the problem".

Why would science fact with two conflicting sets of constraints need any more proof than itself? To diverge into specific games weakens the scientific point to something anecdotal that could easily be disagreed with by opinion. I'm not trying to be awkward about it, but usually if someone doesn't understand a subject that someone else does(or claims to), they would maybe at least say: "your point sounds interesting, but I'm going to look into that myself to check that is correct".

I dont think you can read. Read the thread title.

It says 'Can you build a Gaming PC with PS5 specs'.
Legitimate question. Do you get mad when people have a different opinion than you? Or if they like things that you don't like?

It's pretty obvious PC will remain the more powerful hardware, and that's due to the nature of the platform. Consoles are just cut down PC's, sold at a subsidized price, with limited feature set. And there's nothing wrong with that either. PC's and consoles serve different purposes, and can even interlap with one another in some areas. And consoles wouldn't exist without modern day PC's.

With that being said, I'm unsure why you seem to pick scuffles with people who prefer to play on PC. I don't care if you prefer consoles, but at least try to respect others personal opinions/preferences.

RedVIper

Banned
Sorry, it is a basic sample theory and computation problem.

Surely people that can research the latest and greatest PC parts and build gaming PCs on Neogaf are technical enough to understand a cornerstone technology topic like sample theory, no? hence why I said "think about the problem".

Why would science fact with two conflicting sets of constraints need any more proof than itself? To diverge into specific games weakens the scientific point to something anecdotal that could easily be disagreed with by opinion. I'm not trying to be awkward about it, but usually if someone doesn't understand a subject that someone else does(or claims to), they would maybe at least say: "your point sounds interesting, but I'm going to look into that myself to check that is correct".

Demonstrate that this a real world problem.

Again, all examples I know are either older games on fixed hardware or Japanese developers that are still using outdated methods.

Show us that this is an issue devolopers face now.

I'm not trying to be awkward about it, but usually if someone doesn't understand a subject that someone else does(or claims to), they would maybe at least say: "your point sounds interesting, but I'm going to look into that myself to check that is correct".
I couldn't even if I wanted to. I don't own any of the games you mentioned on more than one system, so there's no way for me to actually test this.

But let's assume an inverse relationship between higher frame rates and AI competence not only exists, but affects games with such frequency that you, a single person, were able to observe its effects in multiple big budget titles. Wouldn't you expect other people to have noticed something like that? Other players? Reviewers? Tech nuts? Developers? Wouldn't people be talking about that stuff online? It would make perfect platform war fodder for console fanboys. There's no way it would get ignored.

And yet, I can't find anyone talking about this anywhere else on the internet. The closest thing I've been able to find is that crazy system Payday 2 had where AI decisions had a per-frame limit and higher frame rates resulted in more (not less!) competent enemies, i.e. the exact opposite of what you're describing.

Alphagear

Legitimate question. Do you get mad when people have a different opinion than you? Or if they like things that you don't like?

It's pretty obvious PC will remain the more powerful hardware, and that's due to the nature of the platform. Consoles are just cut down PC's, sold at a subsidized price, with limited feature set. And there's nothing wrong with that either. PC's and consoles serve different purposes, and can even interlap with one another in some areas. And consoles wouldn't exist without modern day PC's.

With that being said, I'm unsure why you seem to pick scuffles with people who prefer to play on PC. I don't care if you prefer consoles, but at least try to respect others personal opinions/preferences.

My apologies to you and others if I came across as disrespectful.

My posts in this thread weren't about whether Consoles or PCs are superior but about what makes more sense to buy.

Yes the top spec pcs are far superior to consoles for gaming purposes in every sense of the word so if you want the best graphics go for a PC.

If you want to use a PC for more than just gaming then PC again is a better option.

If theres exclusive games on the PC you want to play then fair enough.

I stick by my original point in this thread though. Building a PC purely for gaming purposes with console level specs simply isn't worth it.

You are better off getting a console in my opinion since it will cost you half the price.

I'm talking purely for gaming purposes with console level specs.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I have a 1080ti, an 8700k, I install games on a regular SATA 1TB SSD, and I try to target 100 FPS at 3440x1440 for G-Sync.

I’m not extremely worried about being too far off in terms of real world performance and I think my rig will be fine for the first couple years of next gen. An upgrade to a 3080ti or whatever might get me the rest of the way without too much issue.

But I have to say that it’s really weird that Intel is just fucking around and not supporting PCIE 4.0 just yet.

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
I have the feeling consoleros think everyone wants to play the hyped-up AAA games. Heck I'd rather game on an old Core2Duo PC with Dwarf Fortress and OpenTTD than on a PS5 with Spidermanz and Last of Ass 2.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
If you want a no bullshit system, you aren't worried about costs. If you want the best things in life, you aren't necessarily looking at a strict budget. I may pay a little more, but I'm getting much more for my money. My PC isn't just delegated to gaming, and I'll take full advantage of everything a console can't do. From gaming, to general tasks, to b.s. to anything above and between.

A little more? That 2080Ti is like what? 1000 dollars? You are talking about 3 times the cost of the PS5, and you will still need to upgrade the motherboard and ssd later on to account for the efficiencies lacking in PC that are found in their I/O subsystems.

A little more? That 2080Ti is like what? 1000 dollars? You are talking about 3 times the cost of the PS5, and you will still need to upgrade the motherboard and ssd later on to account for the efficiencies lacking in PC that are found in their I/O subsystems.
Ps5 is $333.33 confirmed? Where did you get that information from? Do we need a mod in here to get you vetted status?

It's interesting to know that everyone who is not directly affiliated with Xbox and PS, aren't spreading FUD about PC and next gen games. No devs are saying they won't release x,y,z game on PC because of its supposed "lacking i/o subsystems". A matter a fact, how are all games going to run on PC from Microsoft? Aren't all exclusives coming to PC via MS themselves? Weren't some of the most impressive showcases from Sony's conference, also confirmed to be on PC? I wonder how that would be possible without these motherboard upgrades. Makes you wonder, huh?

Now tell me how you can run Photoshop, video editors, 3D modeling software, audio production tools, or even a basic internet browser from your ps5? Or will you be limited to strictly games, Netflix, and Spotify? There's a reason why PC is an open platform.

rnlval

What a joke. I got banned for a week for "console warring" with a 9.2 TFLOPs joke and look at this thread.

Cerny also stresses that power consumption and clock speeds don't have a linear relationship. Dropping frequency by 10 percent reduces power consumption by around 27 percent. "In general, a 10 percent power reduction is just a few percent reduction in frequency," Cerny emphasises.

----------------

Incidentally, 10% drop in frequency from 2230 Mhz lands on 2007 Mhz which is 9.248 TFLOPS GPU and Mark Cerny himself has revealed it.

Mark Cerny also revealed the power curve from 2Ghz to 2.23 Ghz with 27% power consumption jump with 10% frequency increase.

Last edited:

Elog

Vpance's post in the general thread is under appreciated. The key take away is that during attempts to port current PS5 games in development it required a 4th gen SSD, 16 GB of VRAM on the graphics card and 32 GB of RAM and there was still serious performance issues.

Assuming they did not down-grade the textures (unknown) the practical VRAM budget that the PS5 runs with for the game they tried to port was 16-48 GB and the PC could not swap assets fast enough between RAM and the VRAM to utilise it correctly with a 16GB card.

In other words, you cannot get the VRAM budget of the PS5 today on PC which was the point I tried to make earlier in the thread. In the video they hypothesized that it might be possible within the next 3 years (sounds reasonable).

PS5 designed games to PC ports may require 32 to 64GB ram, 16GB GPUs. Timestamped

Top Bottom