• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can You Teach Others To Mod Unreal? Then There Might Be a Job Waiting For You...

As some of you might recall, I recently began teaching game design here in NYC at the School of Visual Arts. Well besides me, there is one other game design instructor, one who has students mod the Unreal Engine to produce their own maps and characters, as well as demonstrate game physics, and all that jazz. Well this person has decided to step down to pursue other endeavors, which means we need someone to fill his shoes for the upcoming fall. I figured maybe someone here on the boards might ft the bill.

The class will be taught once a week, in the evening, as part of SVA's Continuing Education program. The class will be about 10-12 weeks, and each class will run around 3-4 hours. And that's about it.... it's up to you to come up with a direction for the class.

We're not looking for academic types, but we do need a candidate who is are comfortable with people, especially at listening, giving input, and problem solving, as well as someone who is completely proficient with the tools. As for that, you and the students will have the latest Unreal Engine to work with, plus Photoshop, Maya, and whatever else you can think of; we're pretty loaded and up to date with all the programs here at SVA.

If any of you are at all interested, please contact me at mhawkins1@sva.edu. Email me your resume and links to your resume site, and I will pass it along to our CE coordinator. If we're interested, we'll ask you to come in for an interview and the such. And if there's any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Bare in mind, the class starts in just a few weeks so time is of the essence. If you're seriously interested, then please respond ASAP.

Top Bottom