• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Canada] Gaming Deals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Sooo for all the Canucks, I've decided to keep an up-to-date list of what deals we have. If you want to see them with their own little topics with their own little discussions, feel free to join us on CAG. If you don't like CAG, you don't like money.

Please keep up to date with the thread to know of deals quickly before hoarders get 'em. Long-time deals will be updated here.

Common Deals
EB Games Trade 3 for Free
Trade 3 games worth $8 trade-in value or more for a full pre-order of selected games. Offer ends the day the game comes out, or a week after in some locations. You can usually just move the pre-order to something else a few days later if you want.

So basically, 3 games worth $8 or more gets you any game you want.

Links
Twitter Feed by No_Stylez
Trade-in Values by neksus (CAG/RFD)
RedFlagDeals for general deals
CheapAssGamer for game deals

AAK

Please excuse my stupdity but isn't Loblaws a grocery store, I've never seen an entertainment related item there (well at least here in Ottawa).

Firestorm

snorggy said:
Futureshop has Motorstorm for $10 off... it's $59.99

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...665000FS10084569&catid=24299&logon=&langid=EN

didn't i hear somewhere that Sony first party games are supposed to be at this price anyway? maybe i was just dreaming that.

Added that in. Also, Future Shop and Best Buy often have $10 off a new game for the first week.

AAK said:
Please excuse my stupdity but isn't Loblaws a grocery store, I've never seen an entertainment related item there (well at least here in Ottawa).

They should have an electronics section if they're anything like Superstore. I know many do according to RFDers.

AAK

DOPE! Ignore me. I confused Loblaws with Loebs. My bad. Thanks a million for the info Firestorm. There are a lot of stuff on the list that interst me. I am grateful :)

Firestorm

AAK said:
DOPE! Ignore me. I confused Loblaws with Loebs. My bad. Thanks a million for the info Firestorm. There are a lot of stuff on the list that interst me. I am grateful :)

Sadly, the Superstore/Loblaws stuff has been on for a while so it'll be hard to find things of interest.

AAK

I'll test my luck. The gaming scene here in Ottawa isn't really that strong as compared to other places.... especially concerning Sony's hardware.

BMAN

If anyones looking for 12 +1 months of Xbox live and a vision camera Futureshop had a printing error in this weeks flyer instead of the regular 89 bucks its printed as 54 dollars.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
:O

Is the FFIV-IVa pricing new? When I went to RCSS they only had FFIV for $19.98.

Firestorm

BMAN said:
If anyones looking for 12 +1 months of Xbox live and a vision camera Futureshop had a printing error in this weeks flyer instead of the regular 89 bucks its printed as 54 dollars.

Most know about it and won't honour it I think. You can try though.

jj984jj said:
:O

Is the FFIV-IVa pricing new? When I went to RCSS they only had FFIV for $19.98.

It seems to be really varied. I think some stores mistook the label (crazy Vs and Is messed them up?). Don't bet on getting it.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I managed to snag a copy of Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls for $14.88 the other day at Real Canadian Superstore. FFIV was also at that price, though V and VI were regular price.

Unfortunately they also had Magical Starsign at full price. I've wanted to give it a try for a while and thought 18 bucks sounded like a good price...

:(

Kreven

Zellers stores will have 20% OFF discontinued PS3 games in next week's flyer (Saturday March 31st ~ Friday April 6th).

Not sure which titles will be on sale, but most launch titles should be.

xTOXNx

Banned
Can the "trade-up" deal be combined?

Like if I trade in an xbox and DS will I get 200 in credit?

Also is it 100 in credit for the original DS? if not how much is it?

rs7k

So I can trade in Bully, Shadow of the Colossus, and Burnout Revenge (360), and I get Mass Effect on release day without paying extra?

Rock on Firestorm!

Firestorm

xTOXNx said:
Can the "trade-up" deal be combined?

Like if I trade in an xbox and DS will I get 200 in credit?

Also is it 100 in credit for the original DS? if not how much is it?

I actually don't know. This question has been asked on either CAG or RFD but I don't ever remember it being answered. I'd phone EB if I were you. Also ask them how much the DS Lite is worth (DS does not fetch $100 for sure).

rs7k said:
So I can trade in Bully, Shadow of the Colossus, and Burnout Revenge (360), and I get Mass Effect on release day without paying extra?

Rock on Firestorm!

Only problem is that Mass Effect isn't in their system yet for some reason. Neither is Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata =( I heard that it ME might be in the system by Friday so I'd try asking anyway.

pr0cs

Thanks for putting in the effort to create threads like this.. It's much appreciated.

I *NEED* to go check my nearest superstore to see if they actually have 1) software worth buying 2) for prices that are even remotely close to that to which you're suggesting.

jenov4

BTW, for the EBGames trade-in stuff, do we have to have the original box and manual? I have a crapload of GC discs only.

Yes! I just called EB and they're honoring it! The guy knows me too so he'll help me get the best deal. I'll be back in a few hours with a PS3! :D

cbox

Anyone know any deals coming up for 360 hardware? I'm ready to take the plunge, but I want to buy when its 50 dollars off like back around christmas. I've got a costco membership, is 579 for a premium + controller + playncharge + GOW a goood deal?

Big-E

jenov4 said:
BTW, for the EBGames trade-in stuff, do we have to have the original box and manual? I have a crapload of GC discs only.

I'm not sure but I think you get a bit extra for that. You don't need the French instructions though, they throw those out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
eternal prize said:
Anyone know any deals coming up for 360 hardware? I'm ready to take the plunge, but I want to buy when its 50 dollars off like back around christmas. I've got a costco membership, is 579 for a premium + controller + playncharge + GOW a goood deal?
The Source = Xbox 360 Console + 3 Games (Gears of War, GRAW and Live Arcade Unplugged) (ID 5848003): $499.99

Firestorm

jenov4 said:

Games need to be complete with instructions and box. Some locations let you get away without instructions, but I doubt they'd let you go without box.

Firestorm

Missed this in the first post, adding now:

logo_van_london.gif

PSP Clearance
Every Extend Extra: $24
Lumines 2: $24
Powerstone Collection: $24
Siphon Filter: $24
and more

header_logoFr.gif

Friends and Family Sale
10% off all games and accessories (excluding hardware) on Sunday only at the times listed here: http://www.futureshop.ca/marketing/friendsandfamily/default.asp?logon=&langid=EN

Foil

When you trade a console in at EB do they just want the system, cords, and controller? Or do they want the original box as well?

Foil said:
When you trade a console in at EB do they just want the system, cords, and controller? Or do they want the original box as well?

I gave them everything including the cords, box and manuals. Surprisingly, I forgot that all I had for a Gamecube controller was a Wavebird, but the guy said it was perfectly fine.

Firestorm

Foil said:

Don't think they care about box because they seem to put them in their own little box anyway? Call to make sure.

mugwhump

March has 31 days! YES!

Do you know how long the PS3 deal and the Trade up Event last? Also, do the Trade Up games have have at least 8$ trade-in value?

I scored two copies of Magical Vacation for $18, and man would I ever love to get Children of Mana and Final Fantasy VI at these cheap prices!

Firestorm

blockbuster_video_logo.gif

Price Drops
Wavebird - $24.99
PSTwo - $99.99

logo_rv.gif

Wavebird - $24.99
This price has been valid since December. However, most stores have been cleaned out and for some reason, some stores still have them a $50. If you see it for $50, get them to scan it just in case because lots of people have had them scan in at $25 even though the price tag says $50.

Seraph830

Banned
Dang I might be picking up a Wavebird or two this weekend. It pays to have a girlfreind in canada :)

Oh and dont forget everyone, if you live in America the exchange rate is about 1.1. Meaning when something is $25, its actually $22.50 in real money.

AAK said:

lol. I'm in class right now, and it's funny you mentioned it cause my friend works at Loblaws.
He's like "we have entertainment section!" :lol

He works in Loblaws in Richmond Hill, Ontario (North of Toronto)...

Alot of Loblaws have Entertainment section...

Fuzzy

Seraph830 said:
Dang I might be picking up a Wavebird or two this weekend. It pays to have a girlfreind in canada :)

Oh and dont forget everyone, if you live in America the exchange rate is about 1.1. Meaning when something is $25, its actually $22.50 in real money.
You know what's even better than having a girlfriend in Canada when you don't live here? Having one that lives near you that you can see on a regular basis.

grate

Dear gaf,

I heard that in Canada milk comes in bags.

I've seen pictures, but I would like confirmation from the Canadian gaf populus.

THANKS.

Fuzzy said:
You know what's even better than having a girlfriend in Canada when you don't live here? Having one that lives near you that you can see on a regular basis.

Hey, without Canadian girlfriends, a lot of guys in other countries wouldn't have girlfriends at all!

Fuzzy

grate said:
Dear gaf,

I've seen pictures, but I would like confirmation from the Canadian gaf populus.

THANKS.
It's not true, the pictures you saw were fake. The only "milk bags" we have up here would get me banned if I posted pictures.

Tiktaalik

grate said:
Dear gaf,

THANKS.

It's true in some parts of Canada.

They claim it reduces waste, but then you have to buy an extra milk jug!

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Tiktaalik said:
It's true in some parts of Canada.

They claim it reduces waste, but then you have to buy an extra milk jug!
The jug is made out of hard plastic, is reusable and isn't thrown out. Definetly less waste than the plastic jugs used in the US

grate

olubode said:
The jug is made out of hard plastic, is reusable and isn't thrown out. Definetly less waste than the plastic jugs used in the US

To you and your brethren (and sistrens(above)) , thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom