• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck on trade ins for me. I'll post the reason why after. How did you guys get Steel Battalion for $10? Rings up to $39.99 at my Walmart:-(

Sorry about your experience man, but thanks for the tips, I actually was able to get a DS3 using my original Gran Turismo 5, they had GT5 XL in stock so I bought it on the same transaction and the guy just laughed.

Sora_N

Did anyone other than Liquidus try trading in some of the games not from his list? I'm still gonna try Tetris tonight, but I picked up a copy of Wii Lego Star Wars III for $20 from the Shoppers at my school last night (lol). $20 for a controller is still a great deal.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Sorry about your experience man, but thanks for the tips, I actually was able to get a DS3 using my original Gran Turismo 5, they had GT5 XL in stock so I bought it on the same transaction and the guy just laughed.

Good job sir. Wish I had that luck.

Hey You

Question for anyone who prepares taxes/dealt with this before.

Earlier in the year(2012) I participated in the Job Options BC program. It was a program funded from I believe some joint program between the BC and Federal governments. I got paid for participating and my understanding is that Provincally funded programs are tax exempt.

If anyone could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it. I know I should go to a professional, but I'm curious.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbing a 3DS XL today and going to try to sell my 3DS OG after I do a System Transfer.

Excited to finally have bigger screens on the device, especially after getting the Wii U and using the GamePad and owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 ... the 3DS OG screens do not suffice. Though I think if I got it around boxing day I would've probably got a better deal :(.

Just signed up for the free trial on Amazon Prime and ordered a book that I've had my eye on. Being in Calgary, the orders usually come in about 4 to 5 business days on super save shipping so cutting that in half may very well be worth the 80 dollars a year. We'll see.

Just signed up for the free trial on Amazon Prime and ordered a book that I've had my eye on. Being in Calgary, the orders usually come in about 4 to 5 business days on super save shipping so cutting that in half may very well be worth the 80 dollars a year. We'll see.

Out of curiosity did your two day shipping show up as free on check out? Mine keeps showing 3.99 so I have to get CSR to fix it after each order

krae_man

Heads up if anyone preordered Sly Cooper: Thieves in time back when MSRP was $60. I emailed them and asked if I can get my deal applied to the new MSRP and I got it.

I didn't use a Tsilon Code, I had it in a Preorder 4 save $60 or whatever promotion back during E3.

$25 for the PS3 version with cross buy is looking pretty good right about now:)

Tagg9

Heads up if anyone preordered Sly Cooper: Thieves in time back when MSRP was $60. I emailed them and asked if I can get my deal applied to the new MSRP and I got it.

I didn't use a Tsilon Code, I had it in a Preorder 4 save $60 or whatever promotion back during E3.

$25 for the PS3 version with cross buy is looking pretty good right about now:)

Good thinking, I guess I'll do the same.

Ondore

So is $40 the going rate for new copies of Asura's Wrath right now? I'd like to get it cheaper (since I have to buy 800 Allards with it for the ending thankyouverymuchcapcom).

I see some Amazon sellers going for $25 but there's shipping with it...

I don't really want to do this if I.can avoid it, but I do get 15 bucks off the 32gb memory card for vita and 10 off the 16gb. If any if you cunts are local Vancouver I can probably help you if you ask nicely enough. It's not much, but money is money.

Sora_N

Success! Traded my Tetris for a white ds3. Other than a 15 minute lineup it was painless. The controller is open box but whatever, only one BB had it in my area.

I can return the Lego SW I bought lol.

EDIT: Anyone know how long it takes to get an order from EBgames.ca? I bought Anarchy Reigns on Monday, and it was shipped the same day. Tracking hasn't updated yet...so not sure how long it takes. I shipped to my office and I won't be here after Tuesday so I hope it doesn't take more than a week. I actually want to get it ASAP so I can return all the items.

Quadratic

Hey Sora_N, did you use the coupon that was posted in this thread? I didn't get a gamerzone email even though I'm a member. Somehow my email I entered with them doesn't work even though it's gmail. Hoping to go after work to trade in a game for a black DS3.

Success! Traded my Tetris for a white ds3. Other than a 15 minute lineup it was painless. The controller is open box but whatever, only one BB had it in my area.

I can return the Lego SW I bought lol.

EDIT: Anyone know how long it takes to get an order from EBgames.ca? I bought Anarchy Reigns on Monday, and it was shipped the same day. Tracking hasn't updated yet...so not sure how long it takes. I shipped to my office and I won't be here after Tuesday so I hope it doesn't take more than a week. I actually want to get it ASAP so I can return all the items.

Bought Monday, received Tuesday.

sikkinixx

Back from banning!

Is there anywhere to buy Xenoblade anymore? I know I'm late to the party but damn it's hard to find. eBay prices are $100, and no stores seem to have it.

Sora_N

Hey Sora_N, did you use the coupon that was posted in this thread? I didn't get a gamerzone email even though I'm a member. Somehow my email I entered with them doesn't work even though it's gmail. Hoping to go after work to trade in a game for a black DS3.

I forgot my coupon, so I showed them my phone. My BB had a copy of the coupon in their binder to look at already though.

Bought Monday, received Tuesday.

I'm jello, I want this shipment to arrive soon lol.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Back from banning!

Is there anywhere to buy Xenoblade anymore? I know I'm late to the party but damn it's hard to find. eBay prices are $100, and no stores seem to have it.

Try more mom and pop shops. Not sure if Game Centre (Toronto) has any new, or used copies anymore, but it would probably be worth a shot.

Gila

Where the hell can I get Xenoblade Chronicles? (Other than Craigslist)

I know I'm LTTP but if some Canadian retailer doesn't sell it then I guess I'm stuck with buying it off Amazon.com for $120...

Fuck :(

Cheerilee

Where the hell can I get Xenoblade Chronicles? (Other than Craigslist)

I know I'm LTTP but if some Canadian retailer doesn't sell it then I guess I'm stuck with buying it off Amazon.com for $120...

Fuck :(

It was only sold at EB/Gamestop, because "nobody wants it". It's the new GameCube Broadband Adapter.

SickBoy

That exclusivity only existed in the US. I saw copies here at Toys R Us at the very least. Can't recall if I saw it anywhere else, but I was never really on the hunt for it. With its all-of-a-sudden rarity I thought about seeking out a copy since it's so well loved, but I have to be honest with myself: if I buy it there's a good chance I'll never play it.

(It's a lot like Chibi Robo for DS in that regard. Walmart exclusive in US, I bought it at EB -- and have never played that.. sigh)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
TSILON perks were released. I have $20 off code for Tomb Raider for those who want it! Let me know via PM!

zroid

Banned
That exclusivity only existed in the US. I saw copies here at Toys R Us at the very least. Can't recall if I saw it anywhere else, but I was never really on the hunt for it. With its all-of-a-sudden rarity I thought about seeking out a copy since it's so well loved, but I have to be honest with myself: if I buy it there's a good chance I'll never play it.

(It's a lot like Chibi Robo for DS in that regard. Walmart exclusive in US, I bought it at EB -- and have never played that.. sigh)

I'm pretty sure Xenoblade was exclusive to EB as well. As far as I know, they only started showing up at other retailers in small quantities some months after it was released. Either the exclusivity contract expired or they were getting these copies through some other indirect means.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Trade 2 get a 60 dollar gift card at futureshop

The game I actually want to trade has to be the Best Buy version though, strange =/
Best Buy has the same deal but I don't see a link to their list.

Trade-2-Get-60GiftCard-en.jpg

Best Buy has the same deal but I don't see a link to their list.

Trade-2-Get-60GiftCard-en.jpg

Yea where is their list? If I can find it, I will head there now.

Futureshop has crazy games... lollipop chainsaw, black ops 1, resistance 1 and 2 collection. Those are cheap used, easy to get them and trade them in!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I have the following Futureshop.ca promo codes to give away:

$20 off Tomb Raider
$20 off Gears of War Judgement
$20 off Grand Theft Auto 5
$20 off God of War Ascension

Online only, one time use.

If anyone else wants an invite to Tsilon.ca I have one left.

Illmatic, Cripplegate, Hyunkel and GoldenPrince check your inbox.

iLLmAtlc

$20 off Tomb Raider

Hi is GTA5 still available? Thanks

Hyunkel6

$20 off Tomb Raider

Is tomb raider still available? Thanks!

3N16MA

Banned
I received extra $20 off codes from Tsilon which are good at Future Shop. Just post/PM me which one you want.

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got extras as well. I'll probably end up posting both sets, since I already ordered them during e3, but here's the first:

(Quote to see)

Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear

Post which one you have taken.

I also have $20 codes. The ones I'm not using are as follows:

Gears of War Judgment
Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising
God of War Ascension

So...claim away. And by claim just tell me which one you want.

3N16MA

Banned
I also have $20 codes. The ones I'm not using are as follows:

Gears of War Judgment
Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising
God of War Ascension

Any chance I can get the God of War code? It's the one I'm missing.

Thanks.

PM'd you both. Repost for new page:

I also have $20 codes. The ones I'm not using are as follows (crossed out = taken):

Gears of War Judgment
Tomb Raider
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising
God of War Ascension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom