• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

Damn, it was that bad? lol

no, not at all. people are waaaaay too focused on how games look and not how it plays. it's a pretty damn good strategy game, even more so when it's so cheap right now. it'd make way more sense (and reasonable) if the game bombed because of the dreadful wait times between turns but nah. a patch got added later on that introduced 2x and 3x speed depending on the system.

13randO

While you can probably still unload it for $50+ if you find someone willing, the guy isn't too far off. I bet that game starts popping up for sale en mass in the coming weeks, whether because of quality or short length.

It's a Nintendo first party game, though. Those usually have high resale value and hardly ever drop in price.

I'd gladly take $50 for the POS.

despite cancelling my Overwatch CE after that pricing errror, when I was in ebgames today they told me that I still had an order, but they could not find any information on it.

I check my credit card today, and I was definitely charged for the CE.

oh god no

Past

Does anyone know if EB Games is going to be selling Overwatch a day early like in the U.S?
And yes, I know May 23rd is a holiday, but my mall/EB Games is going to be open that day.

despite cancelling my Overwatch CE after that pricing errror, when I was in ebgames today they told me that I still had an order, but they could not find any information on it.

oh god no

Funny, I completely forgot to cancel (it was in the same order as a regular edition) and they've both seemingly shipped without being charged for the CE.

Let's see how this plays out...

Why did I just learn that Ori and the Blind Forest was getting a physical release. No Xbox One listings for some reason and its doesn't seem up on any of the other Amazons so hey get it while the gettings good I guess.

Standard Edition (PC)
Limited Edition (PC)

Not actually announced yet so we're still waiting for "official" info. Was up on amazon.com/uk earlier but the listings were pulled. Same prices as .com though!

Luigi87

oh god no

I had to cancel it twice. I had two products in that order, first time I tried cancelling it only went Partially Cancelled (only cancelling the other product) and then I eventually emailed them again to cancel it.

... So it better have been cancelled...

oh god no

How much was it? I'd may be interested in it if you're in the GTA.

univbee

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is $39.99 on PSN now, I think this is the longest post-release a game has gone before having its price corrected.

Kind of a deal for people going to the Miku Expo in Toronto: All of the items are USD = CAD. So if something's $45 USD, it'll be $45 CAD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikuexpo/status/733339270262312961

If there's anything even left this'll be good. I even missed the pre-sale yesterday and I stayed home all day.

EDIT: Apparently they're doing a pre sale right now but I'm at work. Well fuck guess I'm not getting a shirt or poster tonight

Kyolux

Yup, I'll bite for that.

Now, to be a sucker and get a founder's edition card, or to wait.

Also, is there any difference between any of these cards? The unit looks the exact same on each.

I'd wait, it's going to be what, an extra month or two maybe? As for the difference, I'd guess (though I'm not an expert) the stats are placeholders?

--
Personally, I'm still on a 670 and don't have any budgets for a new card/pc so I'll have to wait it out. I'm probably get a 1270/1280 or something when that comes out in a few years. Medical bills.. Medical bills..

Luigi87

Been charged for Overwatch from BB, so it should arrive on Tuesday. Darn holiday preventing me from playing the on 23rd, lol, oh well

I need to finish making a cosplay I've been working on for a while anyhow...

Of course I work Tuesday evening, the first Tuesday evening I've worked in months >_<

terrible

Banned
Well $910-$940 beats the $999 that I read it would cost so there's that at least. These prices are kind of at the level where I have to question just how much I like PC gaming.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well $910-$940 beats the $999 that I read it would cost so there's that at least. These prices are kind of at the level where I have to question just how much I like PC gaming.

All a result of NVidia dominating the market.

Hopefully AMD can somewhat compete with the 1070 at least.

You guys know about the Cineplex gift card promo, right?

Spend over $30 on a gift card and get extra bonus coupons for: Buy one get one free admission, free seat upgrade, free popcorn, 100 Scene points.

The coupons are valid until Sept. 28/16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom