• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlawd

You got lax and I made my move!

the Brock Lesnar to my Undertaker ;_;

Well you beat me lol.

I've been so busy this year honestly.

yeh I've been really busy too. shit sucks for us both, fam. the only time I've been able to sit down and play games for a good period of time was over summer break. seeing all the games I've bought this year left unplayed is harshing my vibes

23qwerty

does anyone know if there is a vert-stand for the Pro as of yet?
i know the OG had one, but not sure if that fits the Pro.
don't want to end up scratching/damaging the Pro to try to make the OG one fit if it's too small

Pretty sure I saw someone say the slim stand works with it, dunno how accurate that is though

Quick

Banned
I put up the ad. Pray for my sanity.

Also, it says my ad is delayed and will be posted in a few hours. I assume this is normal.

etta

my hard graphic balls
WHAT THE FUCK $5 environmental fee for games?
$72 to $77 with Prime, WHAT?!?!?

Edit: Hold on, it seems on Red Dead Redemption 2 has it? Is this an error of some kind?

WHAT THE FUCK $5 environmental fee for games?
$72 to $77 with Prime, WHAT?!?!?

Edit: Hold on, it seems on Red Dead Redemption 2 has it? Is this an error of some kind?

I just bought Dishonored 2 yesterday with Prime and only paid $72. Something is up with that

explodet

Hmm, ranked 127th in the last thread's wall of shame. If I were a country I'd be Morocco or Nambia.

And yeah, I got hit with that $5 Environmental Handling Fee for RDR2 as well. If this is something that's going to continue, I've got to rethink my orders, if not my entire hobby.

You're all going to laugh, but I think I'm going to return the blue controller because it feels like a stupid purchase and it's just baby blue, nothing special.

Maybe Watch Dogs 2, too. Then I'll rebuy it from EB so that I can return it for something else if I don't love it after beating it. I may, but $90 is a lot for a game these days.

I had to finish something else, so it's still unopened.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Found a few NES Minis at my local SDM. So many Shoppers are axing their gaming selections entirely in Toronto, but the one near me always keeps good stock.

Sadly, I was hunting for an early Pokemon release and that was a no go.

khaaan

You're all going to laugh, but I think I'm going to return the blue controller because it feels like a stupid purchase and it's just baby blue, nothing special.

Maybe Watch Dogs 2, too. Then I'll rebuy it from EB so that I can return it for something else if I don't love it after beating it. I may, but $90 is a lot for a game these days.

I had to finish something else, so it's still unopened.

I always chuckle when you buy a controller or something but I always saw your returns as you fighting against your OCD or bad habits.

ahdurian

Found a few NES Minis at my local SDM. So many Shoppers are axing their gaming selections entirely in Toronto, but the one near me always keeps good stock.

wait...which SDM has a Nes? been trying to get one for myself. only was able to get one for my bro

Adamastor

Did anyone else's Adr1ft for PS4 get canceled by amazon?

(Vous trouverez la version française de ce courriel au bas de la page.)

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report we won't be able to obtain the following item from your order:

"Adr1ft Playstation 4"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it's not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We must apologize also for the length of time it's taken us to reach this conclusion. Until recently, we'd still hoped to obtain this item for you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Please note, if you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, these cancellations can affect your order's eligibility for that offer. To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit the "Your Account" page at http://www.amazon.ca/your-account.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

This is what I got...

Don't forget that McDonald's coffee is free for a limited time. The small, at least, with discounts available on other sizes.

I got a couple yesterday -- one at the main McDonald's near me, then one at Walmart -- as I hadn't slept and figured I'd try it. It kind of tastes like wet socks, then again it is coffee.

I always chuckle when you buy a controller or something but I always saw your returns as you fighting against your OCD or bad habits.

Yeah, it's fighting against depression/OCD, but I don't mind if people chuckle about it. I do, too.

jholmes

Don't forget that McDonald's coffee is free for a limited time. The small, at least, with discounts available on other sizes.

I got a couple yesterday -- one at the main McDonald's near me, then one at Walmart -- as I hadn't slept and figured I'd try it. It kind of tastes like wet socks, then again it is coffee.

Oh damn, thanks for the heads up Chewie. I'd never pay for that stuff but damn if I don't get 'em when they're free.

zroid

Banned
the best thing about the free coffee at McDs is they still have the loyalty stamps, so you can get a bunch of them quickly and redeem for peppermint mochas or whatever :lol

zroid

Banned

No kidding. Suddenly tempted to spend some pointzzzz

the best thing about the free coffee at McDs is they still have the loyalty stamps, so you can get a bunch of them quickly and redeem for peppermint mochas or whatever :lol

Haha, yeah.

I noticed that yesterday. I had two stickers and stuck one to my coat, but lost it. The other one went in the garbage once I noticed I lost the first.

I doubt I'll be getting ten free coffees or will buy any afterwards, so no big deal. One of my sibling's PSWs left their card here once, and it was half full, but since none of us go to McDonald's for coffee it got thrown out.

I get hot chocolate at Tim Horton's occasionally. Don't particularly like coffee.

Past

Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 is tempting. Is there a way to know which SDM sells games? I don't wanna be calling every stores.

Just saw the Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 deal (thanks Past). There's no way I'm keeping my $90 copy now.

I just don't know whether to go to EB, buy it, try it out and then return it a) after a week if I don't like it enough to keep it or b) on the weekend if I do, then rebuy it at Shoppers. Or just wait for Shoppers.

The library likely won't get it for another week or two or three.

It's a lot stronger that's for sure

Fuck yea and their lids are great too. Always have to ask at Tim Hortons for dome lids.

Their lids are great. I agree. But the coffee is grossly strong.

Then again, I drink about ten cups of coffee a year.

Burger King has good coffee, and I can't remember the last time I had Tim Horton's.

I'm weak. I'm upgrading to Pro tomorrow.
For eb trade in, do I need to bring the box and all accessories (earphone, charging cable)?

For eb trade in, do I need to bring the box and all accessories (earphone, charging cable)?

Maybe call ahead of time, but the one I went to said all you needed was the ps4, power cable, hdmi cable and controller.

I brought the box anyway.

JDH

Is games for Canada still in operation? There was a post in the last thread of someone not able to contact him.

That would be me. So three emails no response, however I did get my package sooner or later. If your in a rush I would say stay away, but if your okay waiting 2-4 weeks, go right ahead. It was fair shipping cost but definitely took longer than I would like.

I think he email address on his website either blocks my email provider or it isn't actually active any longer.

I think I'm going to break and get a Pro. My current system's a bit wonky and I doubt a better deal than this will show up for a while. The one EB I went to was pretty clueless about the promo, so I'll try a different one and hope for the best.

Just to clarify before accidentally deleting everything: using the Backup and Restore function with an external HDD is the same as doing a direct PS4 to Pro transfer, correct? I'd rather not have to pay the full price for the console then get the difference later.

baconcow

I traded up, last week. You need the console, power cable, and controller. They told me they would appreciate the controller USB cable, so I gave them that, but that they did not require it. The box, HDMI cable, and mic/earphone cable were not required. Best to call, ahead of time, to confirm.

Plunkered down and got through the last bit of Watchdogs 2 tonight. It's a huge improvement over the first game, but the non lethal route seems pointless. It's much harder but there seems to be no reason to go non lethal. Marcus is semi interesting but the stories that revolve around the people he runs with are far more interesting even with as little as you get.

chaosaeon

Just saw the Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 deal (thanks Past). There's no way I'm keeping my $90 copy now.

I just don't know whether to go to EB, buy it, try it out and then return it a) after a week if I don't like it enough to keep it or b) on the weekend if I do, then rebuy it at Shoppers. Or just wait for Shoppers.

Wait what. Buy it, play it for a week and then return it to EB ? They absolutely refuse to do that here. You open it, it's now "used" and you either have to trade it in as used for 5 dollars or if it's actually defective, they'll give you a replacement of the same game. How are you returning opened games a week later to EB ?

kennah

Wait what. Buy it, play it for a week and then return it to EB ? They absolutely refuse to do that here. You open it, it's now "used" and you either have to trade it in as used for 5 dollars or if it's actually defective, they'll give you a replacement of the same game. How are you returning opened games a week later to EB ?
It's one of the benefits of their platinum or whatever. You get a one time exchange within a week.

You have to pay $14-15 (I can't remember what it is now) for an Edge Platinum membership. The returned game gets you your money back IN CREDIT, and whatever you put that credit towards next is essentially final sale.

I believe that the lower tiers offer something like 3 days, and are free.

I try not to do it too much, but it's nice as an option. I've done it maybe 3 times since May.

I just went Onyx. I get 10 days. Crazy. I should probably use it more. I haven't done it once.

This weekend was something ridiculous like 45% off used games for Onyx and I didn't even know. I was at EB too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom