• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe00

Neo Member
I wish retailers would make hot items like SNES Classic 'final sale' so there is at least some risk to a scalper should there be a lot of stock. A scalper can just wait and return and no loss. Retailer has to take back that inventory, perhaps when demand has tanked by then.

Seems my friends were all able to get a SNES by going early in the morning.

At least it's better than the NES shortage, which I hope they do bring back in stock.

UberTag

Best Buy came through with a prompt delivery of my SNES Classic this morning.
Glad I cancelled my European orders given the abundance of these things.
Still want an NES Classic at some point but netting an extra SNES to use as barter would not have done the trick.

shira

I wish retailers would make hot items like SNES Classic 'final sale' so there is at least some risk to a scalper should there be a lot of stock. A scalper can just wait and return and no loss. Retailer has to take back that inventory, perhaps when demand has tanked by then.

The items like SNES Classic are meant to get butts into the store. I'm sure that EB gets minimal profit from selling a $100 console.
I got mine from EB and was upsold with three other products/services before leaving.

You can't build your business model on scalper logic.

SickBoy

Unless the supply slows to a trickle now, I think the scalper market for the SNES is going to dry up pretty quickly. I mean, obviously Nintendo's put a lot more of the systems into the market at Day 1, and unlike the NES I feel like I had plenty of opportunity to get one, whether by EB preorder or the one I had in my Amazon cart this morning.

So I think the people who really desperately wanted one probably did alright... don't think the demand for resale systems will be anywhere close to the NES.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion X: Eat Poutine or Die Tryin'

kennah

Well looks like I got one on Amazon. Haven't been charged yet, and it's not supposed to ship until next week. Fingers crossed.

Unless the supply slows to a trickle now, I think the scalper market for the SNES is going to dry up pretty quickly. I mean, obviously Nintendo's put a lot more of the systems into the market at Day 1, and unlike the NES I feel like I had plenty of opportunity to get one, whether by EB preorder or the one I had in my Amazon cart this morning.

So I think the people who really desperately wanted one probably did alright... don't think the demand for resale systems will be anywhere close to the NES.

Wait for the Christmas rush.

Madness

lBCjDz3.jpg

Good luck and god speed my canadian brothers (and sisters).

Oneself

So uh, there are literally like a hundred SNES on kijiji at less than 25km around. Overall price is about 350-400. Bunch of a-holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom