• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

So uh, there are literally like a hundred SNES on kijiji at less than 25km around. Overall price is about 350-400. Bunch of a-holes.
I wish these things were a final sale type deal (no returns, no refunds), and Nintendo absolutely flooded the market with them, causing scalpers to sit on their dozens upon dozens of SNES Classic with no means to sell them.

Of course, even with the supposed increase in production, even if Nintendo kept supply coming, these will likely still be relatively difficult to obtain (especially around the holidays), so even if scalpers couldn't return them, I'm sure they could (at the bare minimum) sell them for MSRP to have no losses.

It still upsets me, though. :/

BaconHat

Well, managed to get a SNES classic for my brother birthday.
Compared to last year, he's gonna get it on time, and not 8 months late due to me missing the first batches, so I'm pretty happy with the situation.

Good thing that I'm not interested in getting one for myself too, otherwise this would have been a nightmare once again.

No_Style

As soon as I get one of my extras, I'll be giving a Super NES Classic Edition away via GameDealsCanada. I'll post details as soon as I sort it out.

DJ_Lae

Huh - some people in Edmonton aren't as big dicks as I'd expected:

qlX8qfr.png

Davide

Biggest thing keeping me from buying a Switch is the cost of the games. I mainly want it for Skyrim which wasn't even my favourite game and $80 for a 2011 game is insane.

chrono01

every scalper is selling these 300$ where I live

dickheads all of them
You need to come to Edmonton, we're kind people. Well, as kind as you can be, when you're scalping, but at least we go about it in a nice way.

(I'm not scalping, both of my consoles will be claimed within my family, one going to me.)

RS4-

Should email these people with a tempt number/email, make em waste their time meeting "you"

They're fucking garbage.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone know the tradein for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite at EB? Need to get rid of my copy.

isny

napkin dispenser
So I think the people who really desperately wanted one probably did alright... don't think the demand for resale systems will be anywhere close to the NES.

From what I saw it was the parents who came at 7 or 7:05 am to Walmart who missed out and they're the ones willing to pay the premium on Kijiji to get their kid the toy they want for Christmas. Most of the mom's don't have the hindsight to go an hour before a store opens to buy a new toy, the problem with Nintendo products like the Switch and the mini consoles is that they cater to both adult collectors and kids and the ones who usually end up being left without one are the kids whose parents don't understand the madness that comes with Nintendo releases.

From what I saw it was the parents who came at 7 or 7:05 am to Walmart who missed out and they're the ones willing to pay the premium on Kijiji to get their kid the toy they want for Christmas. Most of the mom's don't have the hindsight to go an hour before a store opens to buy a new toy, the problem with Nontendo products like the Switch and the mini consoles is that they cater to both adult collectors and kids and the ones who usually end up being left without one are the kids whose parents don't understand the madness that comes with Nintendo releases.

Very accurate observations. I too noticed the steady stream of seniors/55+ crowd coming late one after other at EB. One grandmother said she went to TRU at 7:45 and they were already sold out.

Nintendo did fine this time though. Retailers should be putting final sale or at least a 20% restocking fee for these to limit scalping.

I love how popular this is. Timeless classics.

Firestorm

I'm thinking of calling the next thread Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion & Limited Nintendo Stock Watch X and leaving it without a real subtitle because I wondered how the hell we hit 20k already and then I remembered the answer

Blam

I'm thinking of calling the next thread Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion & Limited Nintendo Stock Watch X and leaving it without a real subtitle because I wondered how the hell we hit 20k already and then I remembered the answer

Yeah lol thank ninty for the quick 20K

ultra7k

Anyone know of any place that's running an iTunes card deal? I haven't seen any in a while, and unfortunately costco isn't an option for me right now.

jaybe00

Neo Member
"Enough SNES classic for everyone!"

Bunch of horseshit as usual.

The quote was that consumers shouldn't need to pay more than retail because there will be enough supply, this due to frequent restocks. I don't you should have assumed they could cover the entire holiday demand with their launch inventory. That's quite the logical leap.

prophetvx

Does anyone know if EB Games will actually send a tracking number?

Ordered a SNES class last night, express shipping... Has a "shipment number" on my transaction but no idea who it was shipped with and my credit card has been charged.

No wonder Amazon is destroying EB Games, $11 express shipping just so it would arrive in 3 days instead of 10.

pestul

All my orders are still *TEMP* purchases on my credit card so far. It sucks living in Newfoundland because I'm going to have to wait a while for them too.

Does anyone know if EB Games will actually send a tracking number?

Ordered a SNES class last night, express shipping... Has a "shipment number" on my transaction but no idea who it was shipped with and my credit card has been charged.

No wonder Amazon is destroying EB Games, $11 express shipping just so it would arrive in 3 days instead of 10.

You can either try AfterShip, which is pretty good at telling you which courier it could be with, or just plug it into every major shippers tracking page.

prophetvx

You can either try AfterShip, which is pretty good at telling you which courier it could be with, or just plug it into every major shippers tracking page.
I hadn't heard of that service before... Just plugged in the number and it can't identify it unfortunately.

Looks like an awesome service though, I'll be using it for sure in the future. Thanks for that.

zroid

Banned

everyone offers these shipping options but it's pretty much a scam, isn't it? free shipping is fast to pretty much everywhere in the country, unless you're particularly remote (1-2 days to most population centres, I think).

amazon is the only company I'm aware of that actually delays shipping orders just to incentivize their subscription service

KC-Slater

Walmart.ca is reneging on my SNES Classic Order -- saying they are out of stock, and that my order will be cancelled if it is not fulfilled after three days.

pestul

Walmart.ca is reneging on my SNES Classic Order -- saying they are out of stock, and that my order will be cancelled if it is not fulfilled after three days.
I got my order in pretty quickly and still got this email. I wonder if they will restock in less than 3 days.. they just might.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Cancelled my Walmart order. The back order business is bs.

I was lucky to get one from Amazon and BestBuy instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom