• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

Tsilon, that's a deep cut. Got Mass Effect 3 free from them.

I got Battlefield 3 PS3. I actually made one of my best friends via the tsilon Battlefield 3 event. It's crazy.

I really loved all of the events and challenges. I remember trying to beat the Tetris challenge for days, speedrunning Chemical Plant Zone and playing Another World for the first time and being blown away by its atmosphere.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Tsilon never left. It just became ultra exclusive, like GAF Gold.
Those of us with the metal cards from that Toronto Assassin's Creed 3 launch event still enjoy exclusive deals from BB. I'm glad they continued to honour it since it was a FS site.

N8QUWxPl.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
I remember reading some Amazon CSR saying the 10% was temporary and it would go back to 20%.

Lying through their teeth, the motherfuckers

BubbaGum

Neo Member
I remember reading some Amazon CSR saying the 10% was temporary and it would go back to 20%.

Lying through their teeth, the motherfuckers

I feel like they don't know anything half the time. They usually just give you responses that'll net them a good customer review lol.

Ventara

Second page and the only deal posted is a Miley Cyrus album. We've also managed to cover the holy trinity that is Amazon/SNES/Canadian dollar. We're doing pretty well so far. Let's keep it up!
Is that Miley Cyrus album even a deal? Isn't that regular price?

krae_man

Those of us with the metal cards from that Toronto Assassin's Creed 3 launch event still enjoy exclusive deals from BB. I'm glad they continued to honour it since it was a FS site.

You only have that card because I went the wrong way.

SickBoy

Anyone else get the sense the decline in the Amazon discount might be to wall the E3 and (if they choose to do them) Black Friday/Boxing Day 20% discounts behind Prime membership?

The competition with Walmart is like the one thing we've got going for us now.

Curious if anyone went by their Shoppers to try for a SNES Classic... I noticed today it was in their flyer. My store had a pretty big selection of gaming stuff to coincide with the weekend's 20x the points coupon.

Finally, I'm not sure if it's actually a deal or if it's been posted before (I don't care about it, but I did see it over the course of browsing the store), but Mighty No. 9 on PS4 is $11.58 right now at the Amazons: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00WU2QFNM/

Needham

So, did anyone not have their Walmart Snes put on backorder and get it shipped? My order has been in progress since Friday morning. Starting to wonder if they just forgot to cancel mine like everyone else's.

zroid

Banned
Curious if anyone went by their Shoppers to try for a SNES Classic... I noticed today it was in their flyer. My store had a pretty big selection of gaming stuff to coincide with the weekend's 20x the points coupon.

I mentioned this before, but I unfortunately didn't check the flier until Saturday, so I failed to notice it being advertised. I called the store near me that usually gets the new electronics inventory, and they told me they got 3 of them, sold out within 90 minutes on Friday.

Ended up smacking my forehead because I certainly could've gotten one if I'd thought of checking with them in the first place.

Jo-El

So, did anyone not have their Walmart Snes put on backorder and get it shipped? My order has been in progress since Friday morning. Starting to wonder if they just forgot to cancel mine like everyone else's.

Mine was never backordered, but it hasn't shipped yet. I expect they'll send them out later today.

AzerPhire

I am in the same boat. Shows "In-progress" but no update since Friday. You figure they would have had these all ready to go out on Friday but nope here we are still waiting.

I have had items from Wal Mart arrive without a shipping update (Those came after) so who knows.

jzbluz

I was on the US for a month in a smaller city, which made me appreciate Amazon Canada more but not enough to stay with Prime when its value keeps going down.

sjay1994

Awww, I love that the Tsilon thread is in the OP. What a wild ride that was.

Also, subbed.

Man Tsilon was great.

Back in 2012 at Toronto Fan Expo, some guy dressed as Connor from AC3 was handing out cards saying you'd get a free copy of AC3 if you signed up.

My friends thought it was bullshit, but I did it and got a free game.

And then the futureshop discounts that followed were also fantastic. Shame both disappeared.

Sora_N

Traded in MGSV (regular edition) yesterday at EB, got $10 x 2 = $20, and apparently some $6 bonus too? Maybe stacked promo for new releases? I just wanted to get Gundam, only paid $17 since I partially paid for it already.

On a side note, is there any deal on the new Layton game? I'm not sure if it will be limited but I have it on Android already, dunno if I should double dip since I never even finished it.

Maddog

Traded in MGSV (regular edition) yesterday at EB, got $10 x 2 = $20, and apparently some $6 bonus too? Maybe stacked promo for new releases? I just wanted to get Gundam, only paid $17 since I partially paid for it already.

It's because the Buy 3 Get 1 Free applies to any game that is $10 or more, even if you only trade in 1 or 2 games. So $10 games get bumped to 1/3rd of the new game price. This would have happened even if you didn't use the double trade promo.

FN-2187

Has anyone who pre-ordered Battlefront II from Walmart received a Beta code? I got them no problem for Destiny 2 and COD:WW2, but nothing for Battlefront II (the one I actually care about getting).

Kyolux

Has anyone who pre-ordered Battlefront II from Walmart received a Beta code? I got them no problem for Destiny 2 and COD:WW2, but nothing for Battlefront II (the one I actually care about getting).

Haven't received anything either from amazon.ca.

Is it not supposed to be available in Canada too?

whitehawk

Banned

tsilon was the bomb though. Afair, i got these:

$99 3DS
$0 Turtle Gaming Headphones
$0 SSX 2012
$20 Gravity Rush
Invite to ACIII launch party with open bar (oh god)
$0 Resistance Vita

Possibly more I can't remember.

What was their business strategy??!?

Stat!

tsilon was the bomb though. Afair, i got these:

$99 3DS
$0 Turtle Gaming Headphones
$0 SSX 2012
$20 Gravity Rush
Invite to ACIII launch party with open bar (oh god)
$0 Resistance Vita

Possibly more I can't remember.

What was their business strategy??!?

I still have no idea - was it run by the BB or FS marketing team?

Coping this over to new thread

Just over a month with PSVR - I'm selling it I think, it's neat but it's got too many cables and my room isn't set up for it be out in the open.

I got this fantastic text message today:

oPUGMoc.png

Top Bottom