• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals, Discussion, and Nintendo Item Stock Watch 10

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone here know about or ever ordered from
potcargo
?

Feel free to PM me if discussions of that sort are looked down upon.

Violator kush sounds like your kind of jam

image.php

Hazu

My copy of South Park just was shipped too.

And I'm still pretty sure I'll get both Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey late.

Seriously, what's wrong with Nintendo products always being late with Amazon?!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Violator kush sounds like your kind of jam

Lmao they seem to have some good sales.

BTW if you guys havent seen Blade Runner 2049 go see it asap! Movie of the year

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Amazon just shipped South Park via Expedited Parcels (Canada Post).

Super weird.
Same for me, odd. Although it won't get here until Wednesday because it shipped from BC and I paid for day 1 delivery. Thanks Amazon. I can't be too salty though so since it glitched and I was only charged $11 for it, but it's my final Amazon order so I'm glad to be finally done with them.

Kiro

Prey PS4 is 39.99 (40% off) at Amazon if you are interested in picking it up during this packed month.

Or you could wait for hopefully a bigger sale by Christmas. I want it for Christmas, so hoping my family can find it at a deal like this around xmas.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
If you're looking for a 4k Blu-ray standalone player - the Sony x800 is on sale at Amazon for $298.00. That's a $100 off.

Also at the brick.

Anth0ny

Random question: I'm trying to calculate import fees on an item I want to buy through ebay. Is there a percentage I should be aware of when it comes to what they'll charge me?

Lately, ebay actually posts the import fees on the auction so I pay them up front. But for some reason that's not the case for this particular listing, so I'd like to know in advance what they're going to hit me with when it comes to customs/duty...

thanks in advance friends :)

Tapejara

Just saw that if you pre-order Mario Odyssey at EB you get a Mario air freshener. Somehow their bonuses continue to surprise me.

Clive

Random question: I'm trying to calculate import fees on an item I want to buy through ebay. Is there a percentage I should be aware of when it comes to what they'll charge me?

Lately, ebay actually posts the import fees on the auction so I pay them up front. But for some reason that's not the case for this particular listing, so I'd like to know in advance what they're going to hit me with when it comes to customs/duty...

thanks in advance friends :)

If the seller is US and has permitted his item to be sold via eBay's Global Shipping Program then you can pay the Canadian taxes/import fees in advance without extra fees. Not all US sellers have this option though.

If it's a non-American seller or one not using the Global Shipping Program, and the declared value is above $20, then you will normally pay local taxes plus a handling fee which I believe is $10 via Canada Post. Local tax should depend on your province.

It is however not certain that your package will be inspected at the border and you might get away with paying nothing extra if it's shipped via Canada Post. From my experience, anything in a small padded envelope normally just slips through without inspection while large boxes will often get inspected and you will be charged the $10 plus local tax. I've probably bought a hundred US games shipped in padded envelopes in my life and never paid extra for a single one. If the item is in a box however then it will happen "sometimes".

If the item has a declared value of below $20 then you never have to pay.

Other couriers than Canada Post are from my experience very likely to charge import fees.

Tl;dr: expect $10 plus local tax but don't be surprised if small items slip through without any extra charge.

Kyolux

Hey guys, just a reminder that we're playing Jackbox Party Pack 3 and Drawful 2 tonight.

Anyone with can join. You don't need the game to play.

You can PM me if you're not on the discord and want to join. The more we'll be, the more potential fun.

Kiro

Hey guys, just a reminder that we're playing Jackbox Party Pack 3 and Drawful 2 tonight.

Anyone with can join. You don't need the game to play.

You can PM me if you're not on the discord and want to join. The more we'll be, the more potential fun.

I really wanna but Evil within 2 is tonight! I'd be down if this happens again.

Anth0ny

If the seller is US and has permitted his item to be sold via eBay's Global Shipping Program then you can pay the Canadian taxes/import fees in advance without extra fees. Not all US sellers have this option though.

If it's a non-American seller or one not using the Global Shipping Program, and the declared value is above $20, then you will normally pay local taxes plus a handling fee which I believe is $10 via Canada Post. Local tax should depend on your province.

It is however not certain that your package will be inspected at the border and you might get away with paying nothing extra if it's shipped via Canada Post. From my experience, anything in a small padded envelope normally just slips through without inspection while large boxes will often get inspected and you will be charged the $10 plus local tax. I've probably bought a hundred US games shipped in padded envelopes in my life and never paid extra for a single one. If the item is in a box however then it will happen "sometimes".

If the item has a declared value of below $20 then you never have to pay.

Other couriers than Canada Post are from my experience very likely to charge import fees.

Tl;dr: expect $10 plus local tax but don't be surprised if small items slip through without any extra charge.

Oh wow it's just local tax + $10? That ain't bad at all.

Thanks for the breakdown! :)

Anyone here use the Mayflash NS-Magic?? I have a couple of PS4 controllers and dont really want to spend $100 on a switch pro-controller. I've seen some reviews on Youtube that make it look quite attractive.

Aonuma

Anyone here use the Mayflash NS-Magic?? I have a couple of PS4 controllers and dont really want to spend $100 on a switch pro-controller. I've seen some reviews on Youtube that make it look quite attractive.

I'm sure it would work well, I have about a dozen Mayflash adapters for various systems and they all work perfectly.

Oh wow it's just local tax + $10? That ain't bad at all.

Thanks for the breakdown! :)

IF it's shipped via Canada Post. If for some reason your seller decides to use UPS or DHL (and probably all the other couriers as well but those two in particular), the chance exists for the costs to be much, much, MUCH higher. So make sure your seller uses USPS or whatever their local postal service is.

FrsDvl

Since Mario Odyssey is multi language, you can currently pre order it from Amazon japan for $64 CAD for the digital version. And you get to play it early that way too.

Sealtest

Since Mario Odyssey is multi language, you can currently pre order it from Amazon japan for $64 CAD for the digital version. And you get to play it early that way too.

Haven't bought a digital game on the switch from a different region yet, Will this redeem on the NA eshop? or should I just switch my region to JP redeem then switch it back

FrsDvl

Haven't bought a digital game on the switch from a different region yet, Will this redeem on the NA eshop? or should I just switch my region to JP redeem then switch it back

The latter, switch region, redeem code and then switch it back, it's really simple to do.

Top Bottom