• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cancelled Avengers Game - Leaked Gameplay Trailer

Kerrby

Banned
_woLf said:
That actually looked like it could be really fun, especially in co-op. Go figure it's the one that THQ cancels. :|

THQ have like 5 studios active and 12+ studios they've closed :/. This looked good and had potential. I'd rather this than Homefront or that latest Red Faction game.

There's a bunch of concept art and test stuff here.

8VfZkl.jpg

nyFDn.jpg

nooKn.jpg

Not sure if this is the same video (since I missed it the first time around) but Kotaku has it up.

Looked surprisingly good to me. I think the FPS take was a fresh idea (with this genre anyway) and it probably would have been a whole lot of fun with 4-player co-op.

canadian crowe said:
First person would have been amazing. Is THQ still doing the game? I thought Sega had the rights to the movie properties.

Maybe whoever is making the game will build on the existing framework.
I'm relatively certain Sega's rights ended after Captain America. I'm pretty sure Marvel can shop them around now and THQ's game was a pitch.

TUROK

Freshmaker said:
This is never true.
Are you one of those dudes who cries about the saturation of FPSes in the market and goes on about the death of gaming as we know it?

Anyways, game looked like a fresh take on the lame superhero movie tie-in. Could have been awesome.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Ugh, first person Iron Man has so much potential to be cool. After two horrible Iron Man movie tie-ins, I just want one decent gameplay experience with him.

Tizoc

Kerrby said:
Maybe spoilers? I know nothing about Avengers but watch at own risk?
Yes it has a movie spoiler, good thing you pointed it out lol.
I'm no fan of FPS but this looked like a neat idea.

Am I the only one who invisions a JRPG-style Avengers game?

Small Mailman said:
Well there's obviously still going to be a game to tie in with the movie. Maybe it will borrow from this game's concept.
Sega has the license now, right?

You can expect minimum effort for maximum profit.

I could see Iron Man work in first person, or Superman, some of these guys just wouldn't fit well.

This would have been a game with some inspired moments (Iron Man missions) with a whole lot of clusterfuck around it.

Top Bottom