• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed on Windows 10

Nokterian

"Gaming has always been a huge part of the Windows experience, with titles like Solitaire, Minesweeper, and Hearts each being played millions of times over the years," Microsoft wrote today on the Xbox Wire. And they'll all be back for Windows 10, along with another little game you may have heard of, developed by the company known as King.
Candy Crush Saga was (and, I'm sure, still is) a monumentally popular match-3 puzzle game released in 2012 for mobile devices and Facebook. But developer King drew some bad PR early last year when it opposed a trademark filing for The Banner Saga, because of its use of the word "saga." It's all water under the bridge at this point—King and Banner Saga studio Stoic settled the matter a few months after it began—but it's of interest because of the, let's say 'strong', feelings among PC gamers from the incident.
Those feelings may well come to the surface again in the wake of today's announcement. "Windows Phone users have been enjoying Candy Crush Saga since its launch on the platform in December, and later this year, all Windows 10 owners will be able to experience the hit game that's swept the mobile world like wildfire," Microsoft wrote. "As an added bonus, Candy Crush Saga will automatically be installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 for periods of time following the game launch."
As an added added bonus, other King games are also coming to Windows 10. Microsoft didn't say whether or not they too will be automatically installed when they release, but it doesn't seem like an entirely unreasonable prospect.
Windows 10 is currently expected to come out sometime this summer—perhaps even by the end of July.

In the trash it goes after i have windows 10..

http://www.pcgamer.com/candy-crush-saga-will-be-automatically-installed-on-windows-10/

-Horizon-

giphy.gif

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
When you install Windows 10, though, can't you uncheck the nonsense you don't want?

Apart from the obvious uninstalling first thing.

Lazaro

I thought Pinball FX was going to be pre-installed?

EDIT: I'm guessing this won't be built into the OS but downloaded automatically once the initial setup begins.

This bit
3c911e0.jpg

Top Bottom