• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed on Windows 10

Madds

Fuck you, MS. Not only are you pre-installing crap without my permission, it's crap that I vehemently DO NOT WANT.

I don't want your fucking bloatware

It's interesting to note that typically bloatware is something the developers pay the manufacturer to include, to keep costs down.

In this case, MS paid King to develop Candy Crush Saga for Windows 10 and to include it... it's like reverse-bloat.

FinKL

No way...

I would say lets petition to get this removed, but I'm sure they paid a pretty penny for this to happen.

Parapraxis

giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/eVNrdel.gifv

MetalDeer

I sure do love bloatware.. Hopefully you can remove it. If not, well, it's not really THAT big of a deal. I mean, unless it has pop-ups telling you to play it or some garbage.

The Cowboy

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS
Because CCS is one hell of a popular game, and despite a lot of us not liking it - a heck of a lot more people do like it. Those of us who don't like it can easily remove it, those that do like it have it installed and ready to play as soon as the OS is installed.

Its a crap game IMO (not something i like at all), but i put this as the same level as having minesweeper installed (even if its 3rd party), as long as it doesn't auto start (which it won't) and it can be uninstalled (of course it will be) and takes up very little room (which it will) then there really is no big issue.

I have nothing against a match-3 being installed with Windows... as long as it has no microtransactions.

Yeah, like there're any chances for that.

ngff02

I really don't see the point in money hatting Candy Crush. The people that were gonna play it were gonna download it anyways... Unless its Candy Crush + unlimited lives.

It should of been Halo/Gears of War/Age of Empires.

Hey look, a thread on GAF with people shunning something popular!!! As if you ever gave a fuck about any of the preinstalled games. Ignore as you ignore spider or solitaire.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Whatever happened to that pinball game they had? I liked that.

The source code was a mess and there was some sort of bug in newer windows versions they couldn't figure out how to fix. Likely only so many man hours were dedicated to get getting the pinball game working again and they just couldn't do it, since its not going to really sell OSes.

More like Candy Trash Saga. As in its going in the trash. As in its being put in the recycle bin. As in its garbage. As in fuck this shit wtf?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My children won't even know what Solitaire is. Thanks Microsoft.

I have no issue with this.

SPDIF

Look on the bright side. With this being a universal app instead of an old Win32 app uninstalling it will be a simple couple of clicks away, with no messy registry entries or other random files left behind.

Tenebrous

Because CCS is one hell of a popular game, and despite a lot of us not liking it - a heck of a lot more people do like it. Those of us who don't like it can easily remove it, those that do like it have it installed and ready to play as soon as the OS is installed.

Its a crap game IMO (not something i like at all), but i put this as the same level as having minesweeper installed (even if its 3rd party), as long as it doesn't auto start (which it won't) and it can be uninstalled (of course it will be) and takes up very little room (which it will) then there really is no big issue.

But if CCS can buy it's way onto Windows 10, what's to stop a service like Amazon doing so? They already made a deal with Canonical for Amazon spyware to be enabled as standard in Ubuntu 12.10 onwards, and Microsoft have already taken a huge step backwards with this CCS announcement...

I don't know. It just looks like a big mistake to me... Maybe not for Microsoft, but for consumers. Now that the door has been opened, I can't see Microsoft rushing to close it anytime soon. New offers will come in, and they'll take it. Windows, in ten years time, might even have ads as standard.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";164001529]How about using that licence money for upgrading to Helvetica like a grown up and stop using Arial?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. God tier post.

Top Bottom