• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed on Windows 10

DrNeroCF

Don't see what the problem is. You don't HAVE to play it. The hyperbole is insane in here.

Considering the psychological nature of freeware games nowadays, that they're precisely calculated to addict players and extract money from them, I think there's a legit argument to be made that by removing a player's choice to acquire such a game is morally questionable.

I thought Pinball FX was going to be pre-installed?

EDIT: I'm guessing this won't be built into the OS but downloaded automatically once the initial setup begins.

Hopefully, since I usually unplug the ethernet cable during that part so I don't have to sign in.

Hahaha. God tier post.

What are you even accomplishing by making a sup-par knockoff of the typeface everyone else uses? Do they intend to advertise on a platform of inferiority?

It's like calling this your Pokemon killer:

funny-toy-fail-rat-pq1un9.jpeg

Zakalwe

Banned
If it were a truly FTP version with no time restriction mechanics or micro transactions then it would be fine.

If it's the game proper with MT intact then it's a shitty idea.

Tenebrous

What exactly is the big deal.

It sets a bad precedent. If Microsoft are willing to sell very valuable space to CCS/King, would they be willing to pull a Canonical and allow Amazon spyware on their system? For the right amount of money, I'd say the answer is probably yes.

Nokterian said:
"As an added bonus, Candy Crush Saga will automatically be installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 for periods of time following the game launch."/QUOTE]

It's so great to have them looking out for us. It's commen knowledge candy crush is such a vital part of an operating system that it is nothing more than costumer care from Microsoft to provide us with such a feature.

Now everybody say thank you.

"As an added bonus, Candy Crush Saga will automatically be installed for customers that upgrade to or download Windows 10 for periods of time following the game launch."

It's so great to have them looking out for us. It's commen knowledge candy crush is such a vital part of an operating system that it is nothing more than costumer care from Microsoft to provide us with such a feature.

Now everybody say thank you.

Edit: very sorry for the doublepost, kinda messed it up on that front.

Tain

lol "bloatware", as though you'd use that term to describe any vanilla application you don't plan on ever using.

Uninstalled and forgotten.

Bsigg12

I wonder how much King is paying Microsoft for that. Must be a nice piece of cash to have it on all Windows 10 computers.

Would be hilarious if King made a deal with MS so that, if you are ignoring Candy Crush Saga, every so ofter you get an automatic pop-up that ruins every program. Imagine writing a paper on Word, then every 5 minutes a fuckin' pop up bugs you regarding the game. LOL!

Not sure why this is such a travesty. Oh no, 2MB on my HDD will be temporarily occupied for the length of time it takes me to right click -> Uninstall.

Seventy70

Considering the psychological nature of freeware games nowadays, that they're precisely calculated to addict players and extract money from them, I think there's a legit argument to be made that by removing a player's choice to acquire such a game is morally questionable.

If someone has a hard time controlling themselves to that degree, they are going to have bigger problems in their lives than Candy Crush.

That's a bit like saying that they need to put a warning label on fast food or stop selling it, so that people don't get an eating disorder.

Galang

Banned
I don't see the problem. If Candy Crush is that much of an offence it can be uninstalled. I wouldn't even bother deleting considering the program size. The outrage is kind of scary.

That's pretty... gross. Enough to stop me from taking them up on their free OS offer gross? God no. But still, I don't want that mobile game trash forced on me.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Meh,

btw I don't think there is any money exchanging took place in this deal. I mean come on, Candy Crush is already ftp game. They are the lucky once here, that MS choose their game to put in hands of millions more users who have not heard of it.

And you can delete it with 1 click.

Seventy70

That's pretty... gross. Enough to stop me from taking them up on their free OS offer gross? God no. But still, I don't want that mobile game trash forced on me.

No one is really forcing it on you. Sure, it's on your hard drive, but you never have to touch it if you don't want to.

I don't see the problem. If Candy Crush is that much of an offence it can be uninstalled. I wouldn't even bother deleting considering the program size. The outrage is kind of scary.

It's a shitty game to be forced upon anybody regardless of how quick it takes to uninstall.

Top Bottom