• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed on Windows 10

Satch

Banned
pkotxCE.png

lmao

You know, I might try it. I've never played it before. Heard nothing but good things from people outside of gaf, nothing but bad things from people inside of gaf.

SURGEdude

The only thing embarrassing is not being familiar with the fact that people don't like bloatware. We dont like it on Android, we don't like it on Windows, we didn't like it on those old emachines and dell pc's and we wont ever like it.

This isn't some new revelation, and it's not some generic hating of the establishment, nor a slight against whatever this game is. Its people not liking preinstalled nonsense.

Cmon now, this sort of crap has been around since the Win95 days with pre built PCs, and people have ALLLLLWAYS hated it.

Amen brother.

The fact that MS is following Ubuntu, most prebuilt PC companies, and many carriers and manufacturers of Android phones who whore out your desktop with bloatware crap is pathetic. If enterprise versions ship with this I expect some serious backlash.

The fact that it's from those douchenozzles at King just makes it that much worse. It being F2P whale hunting software is pretty much the least offensive part.

RexNovis

Banned
You cant make this shit up. Yes the way you compete with other more user friendly OSs on the market is to shove more unwanted software down peoples throats. That sounds like a brilliant plan.

Head.spawn

If I said I was going to delete it right away and that I hate it; that would only be half-true.

I only hate it because it's addicting, I'll probably play the shit out of it to be honest.

Meh, I get how this can be a problem on principle, but at the same time anyone who has a problem with this should know how to uninstall it, while anyone who doesn't know how to uninstall it probably won't give a shit.

Amen brother.

The fact that MS is following Ubuntu, most prebuilt PC companies, and many carriers and manufacturers of Android phones who whore out your desktop with bloatware crap is pathetic. If enterprise versions ship with this I expect some serious backlash.

The fact that it's from those douchenozzles at King just makes it that much worse. It being F2P whale hunting software is pretty much the least offensive part.

I'm going to guess that the business-focused versions of win10 won't ship with this, just the consumer versions.

Yujin

Banned
You cant make this shit up. Yes the way you compete with other more user friendly OSs on the market is to shove more unwanted software down peoples throats. That sounds like a brilliant plan.

That's a really interesting way to describe Windows coming with a pre-installed game.

statham

ccleaner, it'll be gone in 10 seconds, or keep on over-reacting. I'll probably keep it, my wife likes the game.

SPDIF

Bearing in mind that we're talking about Windows 10 here and not something like XP, it seems pretty strange to say something like this.

Head.spawn

I do not want this and i am wondering if there is anything else like this force installed.

Yeah, there is an solitaire, freecell, minesweeper, internet explorer, Spartan browser, drivers you will probably never need, background images preinstalled, fonts you won't ever use, OneNote, OneDrive, a photo viewing app, weather/travel/food and drink apps, preinstalled screen savers, media player app,

Candy Crush is stepping over a line though.

I understand that as an enthusiast forum, it's natural for us to be against mobile games to some extent - especially one as successful as Candy Crush, but how does this affect any of us. Unless it's throwing out popups before it's even clicked on, it won't interfere with our experience in any way. Every Windows system that I've used had preinstalled games on it, and it's kind of cool they actually got something popular on there at launch. I'll never use it, but it's not an impediment.

Complaining about it taking up space, really?! People here were are foaming at the mouth from the announcement that Star Citizen was going to be over 100 Gigs. That's just petty.

bedlamite

Fifteen seconds to uninstall it from the control panel, and we're done

Or we could continue to whine about it in this thread for a few pages more

Originally Posted by The Spoony Hou

I'll boycott Windows 10.
lol wut

*shrug*

Ah, bundled games with an OS... Kind of a return to form if things are pre-installed.

Though I think I'll be spending more time on other games, I'll leave them be just in case.

Fuck that.

Just make Solitaire and Minesweeper standard.
It's the new solitaire!

Buy 10 coins to turn over another card!

Also I loved candy crush up to level 430 or so, didn't spend any money on it. Up to about level 400 most of the levels were really shockingly well designed, with a few infuriating ones that were clearly just there to tempt you to buy boosters

Derp

Wow, so many people are whining over something that can be removed within seconds? I literally don't even understand what you guys are complaining about, and I'm someone that hates mobile games with a passion. You're acting as though it'll take up sheer gigabytes of your precious space and that there will be no uninstall button whatsoever.

You know it won't interfere with whatever it is you do, right? You know it'll just sit there doing nothing other than taking up megabytes of space, just like any other pre-installed game on windows right? Just calm down, breathe, and simply uninstall it from the OS before you have a heart attack or something.

Wow, so many people are whining over something that can be removed within seconds? I literally don't even understand what you guys are complaining about, and I'm someone that hates mobile games with a passion. You're acting as though it'll take up sheer gigabytes of your precious space and that there will be no uninstall button whatsoever.

You know it won't interfere with whatever it is you do, right? You know it'll just sit there doing nothing other than taking up megabytes of space, just like any other pre-installed game on windows right? Just calm down, breathe, and simply uninstall it from the OS before you have a heart attack or something.
I thought this was the internet. Thats what we do. We complain about tiny things.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Will Windows 10 have built-in pop-up ads, too?

Radec

Heh.. I love playing candy crush a year ago.

I even have a mod installed to have infinite powerups. King ain't getting a cent from me.

Top Bottom