• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Candy Crush Saga will be automatically installed on Windows 10

Ogawa-san

Win10 will be free, they can bundle browser search toolbars for all I care providing I can still uninstall them afterwards - just like I can uninstall optional stuff in every modern Windows.

Head.spawn

Well I seem to have trouble uninstalling apps on Windows 8.

I skipped Win 8 and hoped back on board with Win 8.1, so if it's specific to Win 8; my bad.

From that touchscreen view Home page thing; right-clicking on things generally gives you the option to uninstall, outside of that you can go into the Store and click "My Apps" and uninstall from there.

On the standard Desktop, you right-click on the Windows Icon in the button left, click on Programs and Features. Uninstall applications the same as any other Windows OS.

Unless you are talking about something else, then I'm not quite sure.

OmegaDL50

I skipped Win 8 and hoped back on board with Win 8.1, so if it's specific to Win 8; my bad.

From that touchscreen view Home page thing; right-clicking on things generally gives you the option to uninstall, outside of that you can go into the Store and click "My Apps" and uninstall from there.

On the standard Desktop, you right-click on the Windows Icon in the button left, click on Programs and Features. Uninstall applications the same as any other Windows OS.

Unless you are talking about something else, then I'm not quite sure.

Some applications are ingrained in the OS that they can't be uninstalled but can be disabled from seeing or using them.

But it's also an option Program and Features menu in the Control Panel under "Turn Windows Features On or Off"

You can even completely disable Internet Explorer 11 and Windows Media Player via this method.

Candy Crush obviously won't be one of these features that is merely an App that is pre-installed much like any other default App that can be easily uninstalled.

Those are making a big deal out of this are making a mountain out of a anthill.

In Control Panel under Remove a Program, choose "disable-windows-features" you can remove almost everything you don't need. Everything from printer, touch, SDK, pre-9 DX, Old Framework, Paint, games, Essentials, IE, and a ton of other shit. When I format my PC I like to have it as dense as completely possible.

I actually might let Candy Crush Saga stay. But I sort of wish they had gone with Bejeweled instead.

Now everyone can experience the amazing Candy Crush. I haven't spent anything on Candy Crush and been playing it on my phone now and then ever since it became a thing.

J7GFqaZ.gif

Will this version have micro-transactions? I'm OK with having pre-installed games, but pushing micro-transaction games to people who may not know much about these things would be very shady.

That's it, I'm boycotting Windows. Straight after 10.

If the game is micro-transaction free (IF), what's the harm? It's a fun game. Until you run out of lives..

Heard about this today, at least it won't take more than a minute or two to uninstall or remove it from the features after first boot whichever is required. *shrug*

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
As long as they don't blast me with the fact that it's on my computer, I couldn't care less. It'll just sit there with the other games that come automatically installed and will be largely ignored.

Alx

Why do we hate Candy Crush Saga for again?

It's a game for dirty casual gamers, I guess...
I don't really mind having such games on my system (they don't take much space, can be hidden or uninstalled if necessary). It's a bit sad they put this one instead of their own Bejeweled though, since it was the original inspiration for Candy Crush. But then you have to go for the more recognizable brand, I suppose...
*edit : nm, I thought Bejeweled was an internal MS game, while it seems to be from Popcap. Although MS apparently had some influence into its name.

Lately because they are trademark dicks who tried to trademark "saga" and went after Stoic who make "The Banner Saga" and for me i just don't like the way they do business. I think they're parasitic but hey, opinions and all. If others have fun with CCS then that's fine by me :)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

Because King dot com is run by slumlords who tax their customers 15 dollar one-time use power ups for an unbalanced unending game

Also they were taking legal action against anyone who had the word "saga" in their game title

Dunno why this is bothering so many of you.

Game can be ignored or just uninstalled altogether? Like it or not, CCS is extremely popular amongst commuters - i ride the tube to work everyday in London and nearly always see people using it. So whilst it's not something that's going to get the hardcore gamers at NeoGAF excited, it may added a little extra appeal to commuters who are looking to buy a new Windows 10 laptop or Surface.

aravuus

Wow, so many people are whining over something that can be removed within seconds? I literally don't even understand what you guys are complaining about, and I'm someone that hates mobile games with a passion. You're acting as though it'll take up sheer gigabytes of your precious space and that there will be no uninstall button whatsoever.

You know it won't interfere with whatever it is you do, right? You know it'll just sit there doing nothing other than taking up megabytes of space, just like any other pre-installed game on windows right? Just calm down, breathe, and simply uninstall it from the OS before you have a heart attack or something.

Dunno why this is bothering so many of you.

Game can be ignored or just uninstalled altogether? Like it or not, CCS is extremely popular amongst commuters - i ride the tube to work everyday in London and nearly always see people using it. So whilst it's not something that's going to get the hardcore gamers at NeoGAF excited, it may added a little extra appeal to commuters who are looking to buy a new Windows 10 laptop or Surface.

Check the earlier pages and ctrl+f "precedent". It's a pretty grim and pessimistic way to look at this, but it's not exactly wrong.

Also King are pretty massive cunts. The game is okay though, I guess, good for wasting a couple of minutes.

Jhriad

Wow, so many people are whining over something that can be removed within seconds? I literally don't even understand what you guys are complaining about, and I'm someone that hates mobile games with a passion. You're acting as though it'll take up sheer gigabytes of your precious space and that there will be no uninstall button whatsoever.

You know it won't interfere with whatever it is you do, right? You know it'll just sit there doing nothing other than taking up megabytes of space, just like any other pre-installed game on windows right? Just calm down, breathe, and simply uninstall it from the OS before you have a heart attack or something.

I can't imagine why people would complain about an unoriginal and litigious company getting money from Windows installs. Oh wait, yes I can.

SerTapTap

Ugh this is super gross--bloatware is one thing, but F2P microtransaction hell bloatware crosses a (further) line. Almost every other thing about windows 10 sounds awesome so this is extra disappointing from Microsoft.

Top Bottom