• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cannot access reddit without app on mobile?

Anki

Banned
I wanted to check some news on reddit on my phone I couldn’t open any subreddits, it shows that i have to download the app if i want to continue. Since when is like this? I dont like the app because of infinite scrolling and I was always using safari. I can see the front page but if I go to specific subreddit its a no go.

euMZQ3J.png

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I just tried it on the samsung browser, and it works for me. But reddit is the most annoying site of all time, in that every single time you go to it on mobile, they spam you with a message about installing the app instead. All I know is that I would never install that app for any reason, and they clearly have to be collecting some kind of valuable data to push it so hard.

For now, it still works on browser for me.

Anki

Banned
I know people hate on it but occasionally i would go there and read some programming subreddits.

nkarafo

If everything else fails you can always load the desktop version. Most browsers should have that option.

I do this for IMDB. That site is a garbled mess on purpose when browsing on mobile so they can push their app. Desktop version it is then.

Top Bottom