Can't hear out my left ear

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Yesterday I was cleaning my ears out with cotton buds and my left ear ended up clogged, then I could barely hear out of it so I further tried cleaning out that ear with the cotton buds but no dice. My left ear remains the same as it was yesterday and it now hurts a little. What should I do?
 
#2
BadTaste105 said:
Yesterday I was cleaning my ears out with cotton buds and my left ear ended up clogged, then I could barely hear out of it so I further tried cleaning out that ear with the cotton buds but no dice. My left ear remains the same as it was yesterday and it now hurts a little. What should I do?
Uhmm this may be a long shot but how about you go see a doctor?
 
#5
Bootaaay said:
Go see your Doctor.

You'll probably need your ear syringed.

For reference, this just means they're gonna squirt water in your ear to wash it out. Make sure they do both ears because it'll feel like your OTHER ear is clogged because the one that was clogged is so clean afterwards.

The procedure isn't painful, just a little uncomfortable.
 
#6
batbeg said:
Go see your dentist.
Go see your podiatrist.

For reference, this just means they're gonna squirt water in your ear to wash it out. Make sure they do both ears because it'll feel like your OTHER ear is clogged because the one that was clogged is so clean afterwards.

The procedure isn't painful, just a little uncomfortable.
I've had this done numerous times. It sounds noisy and wet, but that's it.
 
#11
Don't listen to the fools in this thread, so far no one has given you the obviously right thing to do. which is to turn this into an isometric pixel tile of some sort, for our Isometric City Collaboration (YOU can help too) After that, if you're still deaf you could make another thread and maybe get some more advice. Remember, what's right for you isn't necessarily right for GAF.
 
#12
I'm a doctor. Look, what you've got is what we've call in the trade "air bubble". It's formed inside your ear and it appears to be subtracting your hearing abilities. Luckily air bubbles can be fixed! What you do is get a needle and slowly start inserting it into your hearing hole (located inside the ear). You should hear a pop and everything will be fine.

Also, don't panic if blood starts coming out; air bubbles are usually filled with blood.
 
#13
Just to add to the doc's suggestion, that bubble is actually much stronger than a regular bubble, you're really going to have to go at it hard.

Go to a doctor, GAF isn't a medical professional
 
#16
I had this happen once. Buy some ear drops to soften the mess and take a warm shower (helps keep the wax soft). Repeatedly plunge the ear with your finger. Wax should come out a tiny bit at a time, tilt head to shower head and let it spray in there. Let the water drain, if the water doesn't leave immediately (hearing not normal) it's still clogged. I did this for about a half hour until some giant piece of wax the size of a chunck of corn fell out. Luckly that was a 1 time occurance but this method has helped be clear some minor blockage ever since.

Also, don't use Q-tips. Those will almost always make it worse.
 
#18
Go to the drug store, buy an ear syringe. Fill half of it with water, half with distilled white vinegar, and put a pinch of rubbing alcohol in it. (You are better off preparing it as one solution in a small cup, then sucking as much of it as possible into the syringe). Standing in the shower, tilt your head sideways, grab the side of your ear gently (pulling it back), stick the syringe up inside and let her rip. This should hopefully cause whatever it is you have up there to start to break down and move out of your ear.

Do not use peroxide and do not use q-tips.

If this fails, see a doctor. You might want to anyway. Preferably an ear/throat/nose specialist.
 

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
#19
Chinner said:
I'm a doctor. Look, what you've got is what we've call in the trade "air bubble". It's formed inside your ear and it appears to be subtracting your hearing abilities. Luckily air bubbles can be fixed! What you do is get a needle and slowly start inserting it into your hearing hole (located inside the ear). You should hear a pop and everything will be fine.

Also, don't panic if blood starts coming out; air bubbles are usually filled with blood.
I read that in belief until everything will be fine :lol

Anyway, cotton buds suck. Don't ever use them, because they push the dirt further into your ear until it reaches the eardrum. If it's next to the eardrum you won't hear so well and it needs syringing to get out.
 
#26
Happened to me. Your ear is too dirty with wax and when you tried to clean it it's clugged, don't try to clean it yourself, just go to a doctor and he'll vacuum it out.
 

whitehawk

leeches are the best bait when attempting to land bass
#28
Go to the doctor. Also, this why you don't use Q-tips. Just use your finger with some paper towel wrapped around it.
 
#29
I use Qtips to clean the inside of my ears just fine.
You can use Qtips in your ears, just don't take it too far.
And don't fuck your ear with the Qtip or whatever it is that's packing the wax in.
 
#33
The qtip caused the problem but can fix it

you have to peel away the bud at the end till its small, insert it at the very top of the ear till you get to the back, part of your ear is folded up, you have to insert the qtip over the folded bit and slightly pull it downward
 
#35
Bootaaay said:
Go see your Doctor.

You'll probably need your ear syringed.
Exactly, and stop trying to clean it out, you're making it worse. The most you can do is get some h-peroxide and let it soak in your ear to softer up the buildup before you see the doctor.
 
#36
When you go to the Dr. and have the extra wax removed be ready for pain! Because I can tell you from experience it does hurt. In a bad way.

If you get ear drops and no removal consider yourself lucky.
 
#38
I would try some of that liquid ear cleaner from the pharmacy before paying for a doctor visit. Basically you pour it into your ear, tilt your head while it works its earwax-disintegrating-magic, then pour the ensuing gunk into the sink.
 
#40
Never, never, never use cotton buds. They compact the wax each time you use them until eventually, yep, your ears are blocked. You will have to go get your ears syringed, you can't clear it yourself. You may want to put a few drops of olive oil in each ear until your appointment (sitting with your head tilted for each one for ten minutes) to make sure your doc doesn't delay you telling you to do that first.

Don't use cotton buds, your ears are designed to push wax out naturally as it occurs.
 
#46
Koshiro said:
Never, never, never use cotton buds. They compact the wax each time you use them until eventually, yep, your ears are blocked. You will have to go get your ears syringed, you can't clear it yourself. You may want to put a few drops of olive oil in each ear until your appointment (sitting with your head tilted for each one for ten minutes) to make sure your doc doesn't delay you telling you to do that first.

Don't use cotton buds, your ears are designed to push wax out naturally as it occurs.
This. I had to have my ear syringed a couple times and the doctor told me never to stick anything thinner than my finger in there. You'll clean the outside part with a q-tip but you are just pushing the other stuff deeper. If you really want to clean your ears buy one of those ear wax removal kits or just use your finger.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.