• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't login on PSN with my PS4

Rafy

As the title suggests I have tried over and over for the past few hours to login on PSN with my PS4 and failed every single time. I have forwarded ports on my router tried both wired and wi-fi with and without the Google DNS. The browser works fine and load up services, it's just PSN that I can't connect to. It keeps timing out. I would have called my ISP but it's late and the customer support line is closed till morning. Help me PS4GAF, you're my only hope!

Here is the error that I get: (yes I Googled it and did everything that was suggested, nothing worked,)

Cannot connect to server within the time limit.
(NW-31456-9)

Steel

Banned
Do you normally leave your PS4 in standby? Try doing a full shutdown and turning it back on. That works for me.

Rafy

Do you normally leave your PS4 in standby? Try doing a full shutdown and turning it back on. That works for me.

I never leave it in standby, I always turn it off completely. Already tried turning it on and off again multiple times.

Catdaddy

Have you been able to connect in the past?

I've had problems connecting with the PS4 since I've had it, switch to the PS3 and works fine. I usually dont wait around for an error, but I just get the blank blue screen and O out of it and it will usually connect later.

Steel

Banned
I never leave it in standby, I always turn it off completely. Already tried turning it on and off again multiple times.

Odd, especially considering you can use the PS4's browser. As the poster a few replies above suggests try logging into the psn store through the vita or PS3.

Also, try hooking your ps4 directly to your modem and see if you have the same issue.

yes, I have no issues logging into the SEN store website.

Something I missed, the moment I turn on my PS4 get to the user selection screen, this notification comes up "Can't connect to network"

Not talking about the browser store, rather the store through the vita and ps3 personally.

Rafy

Can you login via the website or your Vita (if you have one)?

Something I missed, the moment I turn on my PS4 get to the user selection screen, this notification comes up "Can't connect to network"

5taquitos

Sounds like a router issue.

Okay, just checked mine and it's working fine. It might be a problem with your router/hub?

Try to restarting the router/hub.

cawt

Neo Member
Here is what little I know on this topic (sorry if you already tried it, that's all I've got):
I had connectivity issues last week, due to my modem having negotiated a new session with the ISP while I was playing Destiny. I don't remember the error code, but I do remember the fix: I had to power cycle my modem/router while the PS4 was turned off.

Hope this helps!

Rafy

I connected it straight to the router still nothing. I also unplugged the router and rebooted the PS4.

Maybe its the router. Try hooking a laptop/pc directly to see if you get a direct connection. If you dont then somethinsg wrong on your end. Could it be your ISP is down? Maybe they can help you troubleshoot it on thier end.

Rafy

Maybe its the router. Try hooking a laptop/pc directly to see if you get a direct connection. If you dont then somethinsg wrong on your end. Could it be your ISP is down? Maybe they can help you troubleshoot it on thier end.

I would if it wasn't 11pm.

Anyways, I power cycled the HAD/Modem and still nothing. Only thing left to do is shove a pin in the tiny rest hole (no pun intended)

EDIT: Trying with the PS3 now. Installing an update and then I will try.

Rafy

Try doing a network test from the ps4 settings menu. What are the results?

Connects to the internet gets an IP and then just stops and says that I need to login to PSN

EDIT: PS3 signs in just fine the problem lies with PS4 from the looks of it. So that excludes the fact that it might be an ISP issue.

Rafy

Try making a second profile and see if it can sign into the PS store.

I already have one, same thing happens. I was already logged into that one and the loading wheels just keep spinning in the "what's new" section but nothing pops up.

As the title suggests I have tried over and over for the past few hours to login on PSN with my PS4 and failed every single time. I have forwarded ports on my router tried both wired and wi-fi with and without the Google DNS. The browser works fine and load up services, it's just PSN that I can't connect to. It keeps timing out. I would have called my ISP but it's late and the customer support line is closed till morning. Help me PS4GAF, you're my only hope!

Here is the error that I get: (yes I Googled it and did everything that was suggested, nothing worked,)

Don't try to log into your PSN account too many times. Multiple failed login attempts in a short time frame triggers a defensive lockdown of your account.

The better question is, have you tried to log into your PSN account through their website such as the PS Blog?

Rafy

Don't try to log into your PSN account too many times. Multiple failed login attempts in a short time frame triggers a defensive lockdown of your account.

The better question is, have you tried to log into your PSN account through their website such as the PS Blog?

Yes I have, both the SEN webpage and my PS3 and it works just fine. I even played a round of BLOPS 2 on the PS3. Anyways, it does not give me a failed login attempt , it just plain won't connect. The connection times out but I can browse the web without any issues using the PS4 Internet Browser.

Steel

Banned
Yes I have, both the SEN webpage and my PS3 and it works just fine. I even played a round of BLOPS 2 on the PS3. Anyways, it does not give me a failed login attempt , it just plain won't connect. The connection times out but I can browse the web without any issues using the PS4 Internet Browser.

Could be something wrong on the OS level. I know that you can manually install patches with a usb stick, I'm just wondering if you can reinstall it. Have you tried holding down the power button and booting the PS4 in safe mode? I don't know exactly how that goes, I haven't had to do it myself, but I know it exists.

So it seems PSN is down, yet I can still download a 1.7gb update file for NHL 15.

Sony, can you let EA check for you if my licenses are verified? This is like the 5th time I've been locked out of all of my games on this system. Cheers.

geordiemp

Sony

Please buy some more servers.

You take our money now, and your service is CRAP

I must have trouble logging in at least once a week now.

Cant remember when I had a flawless week

Upinsmoke

Just booted up destiny and got this : "Use of user-generated media is not allowed on your account"

Use of this applications chat and messaging features is not allowed for your account.

Right okay.

Might be part of their update process for the Vita since the vita patch just came out and I can't log into the web store either.

Top Bottom