• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announced "Remember Me"

Is it just me or is that Dominic West's voice in the gameplay video? At about 1:40.

Game looks... OK. But Capcom.

Shit, if that ain't McNulty it is one hell of a soundalike. Kind of doubt he'd have some small role in a Capcom game though, and nothing via google.

derFeef

This game will be like Sleeping Dogs. Looks okay and interesting in previews (I think it looks awesome) for most of the people, but actually playing it will be a TON of fun and a surprise hit. /crystall ball

This game will be like Sleeping Dogs. Looks okay and interesting in previews (I think it looks awesome) for most of the people, but actually playing it will be a TON of fun and a surprise hit. /crystall ball

That sounds about right. I think a lot of it depends on how linear it is.

Durante

I hope so.

FWIW, this and Watch_Dogs are the two games I'm looking forward to most in 2013. Well, AAA games actually, I'm very hyped for some of the games I kickstarted.

Endo Punk

Game does look exciting but the Capcom name doesn't hold any weight for me anymore, Im actually worried their involvement will ruin it.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Probably, but I really haven't seen used that often though I do remember the TV tropes site. When I looked it up seems like trope's meaning got modified to become a cliche and then got modified again to mean a stereotype or convention (as in conventional type of female). Really wish it would go back to being convention.
This is what I meant with the trope comment. It used to have different connotations and now it's getting thrown around a lot - or maybe Lime is right, I'm just noticing it more because I'm peeved.
People are referring specifically to the box art and how its placement of the view on the main character has been specifically chosen, not the trailer or the gameplay video.

The view in the box art is not incidental, because obviously the box art of a game isn't just some random and non-contemplated visual choices. I'm not saying it's the most sexist thing out there and I'm certainly not up in arms about it at all, but I certainly think it's a deliberate choice of point of view by PR or whoever designed the box art.

To corroborate my point, just look at the amount of posts in this thread stating "dat ass." Obviously the box art highlights this particular aspect of the body, since I think not many people would have noticed that her ass just by seeing the gameplay videos. Whether or not it is intentional, the position of the view certainly motivates a particular sexual reading of the character (again, only talking about the box art, not the videos we've seen).
It may just be the boxart designed to attract "dat reaction" at this stage - I'm sure many of us would have liked to have seen a more interesting cover, rather than generic protagonist pose. I'm just sensitive to the whole issue recently, as on the one hand our industry/hobby is being attacked and we need to fix a lot of legitimate issues, but on the other hand these issues keep rearing up everywhere with borderline troll-like incessancy.

It's quite sad, as we shouldn't even need to be having this discussion. The game itself looks really interesting, and I have faith in the concept and character regardless of PR's intent, or the inevitable reactions that will follow.

derFeef

Respond to VA criticism and voice actress reveal:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-08-21-so-whos-the-remember-me-voice-actress

"I don't mind the criticism. It's constructive and I definitely listen to it. It's stuff we will look at in terms of seeing, okay, how many times does that comment come up? How many times did the opposite comment come up? Bearing in mind most of the time people who log in to post a comment do so to react - that's completely out of the realm of video games, more psychology - react to show difference rather than enthusiasm and going with it.

2San

While old it didn't seem posted here. Hunted Hunter gameplay.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/17ga9b/remember-me-gc-2012--hunted-hunter-gameplay--cam-

There goes all my hype.
EXefo.png

Looks great to me. While it has Uncharted-esque set-pieces, the memory remixes, setting and combat give it a very different flavour. Great graphics as well. PC version, I presume?

derFeef

It is different enough to me. Just because there are traversal sections does not mean it's Uncharted. (That comparison is stupid anyway, Uncharted did not invent it).

2San

It is different enough to me. Just because there are traversal sections does not mean it's Uncharted. (That comparison is stupid anyway, Uncharted did not invent it).
It's signs of a game I won't enjoy. I have no idea who thought this up before Uncharted nor do I care, but watching the gameplay all I could think of was Uncharted.

derFeef

It's signs of a game I won't enjoy. I have no idea who thought this up before Uncharted nor do I care, but watching the gameplay all I could think of was Uncharted.

Then you should have said that. Game seems to have many facets, but if you really hate those traversal sections that much then it's too bad I guess :/

Kinyou

I hope this gets polished. The walking animation is just so stiff. Which is weird because the climbing looks pretty smooth.

btw. really like the music. I'm a sucker for that "open car window" effect

ZoddGutts

It really looks like heavily influence by Uncharted, makes sense now why Sony dropped them, no need for an Uncharted clone game when you already have Uncharted. Oh well at least there's still CD Projekt's Cyberpunk game to look forward to.

Saw this for the first time in the thread about cyberpunk games and my interest was certainly piqued. I'll have to keep an eye on it, though it really does seem like it could be hit or miss in terms of the gameplay, even if the setting is good.

Hopefully the PC version looks a lot better and has some graphical dials to turn up.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"YOU FUCKER!"
*memory overload*
"THAT SHOULD CLEAR YOUR MIND" >:D

*Devs defend writing and voice acting*

Voice acting needs completely re-doing. Or maybe let me change it all to French with English subs or something, I dunno?

This whole thing just seems like a videogame stew where you can see the raw ingredients bobbing up and down on the surface the whole time. I mean, I guess if you like stew, then super. But to me it just all feels and looks super cynical. All competently done from the looks of it at least though.

I can also see myself so sick of the Uncharted formula by the start of next gen and developers will feign ignorance on why people might be feeling that.

Kinyou

Wouldn't be too worried by the uncharted section, obviously it will be just a minor part of the game. Unfortunately can't the same be said about the dialogue.

Despera

Banned
The concept and the Cyberpunk setting are interesting stuff. The idea definitely has potential.

Can't say I'm that intrigued by the gameplay vids though. Apart from the bit where she manipulates someone's memory (and somehow everything working out unconvincingly well), every other segment looked generic.

I hope I'm wrong and that the game's creative side has yet to be shown.

If I could ask the dev one question it would be if they considered parkour for traversal of the urban environment. I see lots of complaints in this thread about the climbing mechanics. I imagine they have lots of motion capture subjects in France.

kuYuri

Watching gameplay trailer for first time finally.

This looks like Uncharted (traversal), Dead Space (minimal HUD/UI somewhat), and Arkham Asylum/City (combat) put together.

Ran rp

It's hard to get excited for this. The only thing that looks good is the city and the lighting, and the soundtrack actually sounds amazing. But the animation looks weird, the voice acting and writing is terrible, and the gameplay seems to be a very average blend of today's popular games.

Ran rp

I still need to play the game but so far this is looking like a dud, which is a shame. Can I have my open-world Blade Runner/GitS game now?

PK Gaming

You'll want to protect her

memories

(sorry i couldn't resist!)

I'm looking forward to this game, who knows it might become a new ip if it succeeds :)

Videoneon

I watched the 10 minute vid just now.

We've hashed out the dialogue and VAing complaints. I'm reminded of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The combat looks okay, doesn't seem like it'll be too demanding and the focus is on the fast-paced escape sequences. I assume if you die, or screw up an action sequence you just start over at an earlier checkpoint.

The concept and visuals are cool, but the presentation is laid on way too thick. Especially the first couple minutes of that video, showing all of the ad slogans and cutting in on action sequences for Nilin's quips. It's too cinematic; I'm going to be drowning in "memories", bleak witticisms, and angles positioned just-so. I also really don't care about the music.

That being said, I'll still be keeping an eye out for it. A part of me wants it to succeed for some strange reason.

Meesh

Came in looking for wiiu support, good to see the negative trend continues. If this games any good ill pick it up for ps3 though...

Oh. I completely missed this. The setting and gameplay looks interesting. Rare female protagonist in a game is always welcome (and British accent is a plus). Hate her design though.

What the hell I just heard about this game now, talk about under the radar. I like the protagonist and look of the game. And the idea is cool too.

I hope it's good.

I just found ou about it too - on some UK TV show called The Blurb. I thought the show was making stuff up, as I never heard of the game before, and I like to think I follow gamin closely.

The developer seems okay too - even if it is there first game.

DONTNOD was founded by Criterion Software's former Head of Developer Relations, Oskar Guilbert, along with art director Aleksi Briclot and science-fiction writer Alain Damasio. Its original members have been credited in development for several video games such as: Rainbow 6, Splinter Cell, Heavy Rain and Burnout. They are currently in development of "Remember Me" which is currently being published by Capcom.

It reminds me off Syndicate, Assassins Creed, Total Recall, and Inception. THAT IS FOUR GOOD THINGS.

Top Bottom