• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Dead Rising: Chop Til' You Drop for US (Press Release inside)

Jon

Improved save functionality? Multiple slots confirmed?

(Not that I am opposed to the original save system)

markatisu

I love the name! Was already going to buy but the fact they are def using the RE4 Wii engine and are changing gameplay up so its not just a quick port is awesome!

Capcom is really stepping it up on the Wii, and its their $$$ to gain if nobody else wants to try.

MrNyarlathotep said:
REAL Dead Rising fans liked the save system...

Lol, what? In the last Wii DR topic the vast majority of real fans were complaining about the save system, and the lack of a time limit which is actually in the game making a large amount of them look stupid

123rl

SuperPac said:
I really dislike it when I see on blogs (KOHLER!!! *shakes fist*) something about how the save system or the restart system was somehow a flaw to the first game. I loved that, personally. But because of all that public bitching, Capcom's gonna neuter the game. Great. Let's hope maybe somehow it will survive in a special mode or something. 'Cuz that was really the appeal of Dead Rising for me and I ended up playing through several times, something I rarely do with any games.

Someone else who understood...hooray! The appeal of the game is prioritising who to save and who to sacrifice, how much of the story you want to unlock or whether you want to just mess around and kill zombies. It's because of people who didn't understand this that the Wii version has changed and it's safe to assume DR2 will be the same. If so then fuck you to everyone who bitched about this game because they were too lazy to put some thought into how they played. "er...I'll go and wander over here and kill stuff instead of reading the fucking manual and doing what I'm told. Now I've missed a deadline and the story is over? Worst game ever!!1111!"

Kibbles said:
First image, courtesy of DailyGamerBlog.com

494x_drwiihead.jpg
Not to sound like a troll, but I thought the WII trolls saying "only 10 zombies on screen" was just an exaggeration. Wow. Still going to pick the game up for my nephew, though.

Chinner

Banned
slicedking said:
Not to sound like a troll, but I thought the WII trolls saying "only 10 zombies on screen" was just an exaggeration. Wow. Still going to pick the game up for my nephew, though.
there are better screens that that. do not jest yet, kind brah.

slicedking said:
There are shots with more zombies on screen than this shot. I think you can safely expect at least 30+ at a time.

Lefty42o

Banned
Chinner said:
there are better screens that that. do not jest yet, kind brah.

lol now there is not.

its a downgraded port and its funny reading all these posts. i own a wii and will not be owning this game for it.

man wii be getting crap

Shogmaster said:
There are shots with more zombies on screen than this shot. I think you can safely expect at least 30+ at a time.

-please post them than and we can count lol

Zoramon089 said:
Lol, what? In the last Wii DR topic the vast majority of real fans were complaining about the save system, and the lack of a time limit which is actually in the game making a large amount of them look stupid

Actually the last DR topic was trolls moaning about how the very existence of a Wii version means that Dead Rising 2 is AUTOMATICALLY RUINED. Casuals and weaksauce and stuff.

People who don't like DRs save system aren't DR fans. They're fans of, fuck I don't know, some GTA3 mod that doesn't exist but that replaces all the weapons and turns all the pedestrians into zombies and counts how many you've killed or something.

Kibbles

Volcynika said:
That might be the first image in this thread, but we've already seen lots of pictures in the other threads discussing this!

:lol

Oh :\ What thread? Well, here's more for those who are just coming into this thread.

screenshot_007_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

screenshot_032_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

screenshot_035_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

screenshot_074_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

screenshot_060_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

wiidr_titlelogo.jpg

RE4 engine?

Wasn't Framework supposed to be scaleable?

Will we ever see any Wii Framework games?

Isn't Framework based on freaking Onimusha 3?

bryehn

Seiken said:
Wow at the name.

Chop Till You Drop is the tagline on the back of the original game's box.

I don't care how bad it looks or what's missing, I love DEAD RISING and will buy this version.

Shogmaster said:

Oh cool. Was Hard to believe that it's only that much zombies on the screen at once. I played the demo for 360 and the best part was trying to avoid the zombies flooded in the mall.

M74

slicedking said:
I believe these screens are better examples:

Edit: Damn, beaten. :p

Lefty42o

Banned
its clear they will put anything on a disc and sell it to wii owners and wii owners will buy it and act like it is the best.

dead rising was about having tons of zombies. wave after wave. now wii owners are happy to have barely 30 onscreen at a time? really? lol. thats pathetic

Lefty42o said:
its clear they will put anything on a disc and sell it to wii owners and wii owners will buy it and act like it is the best.

dead rising was about having tons of zombies. wave after wave. now wii owners are happy to have barely 30 onscreen at a time? really? lol. thats pathetic

Therefore Wii-User will be able to aim like it is intended to be^^

The amount of Zombies at those screens is fair enough for me. No need to troll here...

M74

As expected, the trolls are picking and choosing the worst screens they can find. :lol

Seriously, the DR Wii picture thread already exists. There are some good looking screens in there.

Threi

notag
Lefty42o said:

you might want to tone it down a bit or else you are going to get banned.

gregor7777 said:
I'm all for more people playing a game kind of like Dead rising, but yeah, that screen is ass.
This game is probably going to be pushing Wii to the limits. Not a good idea to compare directly with the visuals of the 360 version.

bryehn said:
Chop Till You Drop is the tagline on the back of the original game's box.

I don't care how bad it looks or what's missing, I love DEAD RISING and will buy this version.

OMG YES! Same here! Can't wait to play through this version.

Lefty42o

Banned
Frencherman said:
Therefore Wii-User will be able to aim like it is intended to be^^

The amount of Zombies at those screens is fair enough for me. No need to troll here...

first not trolling

next as a wii owner i would love for this game to come to the wii. but i am tired of crap games. at this point i only pull it out to get drunk and play wii sports. i would love to have dr as it was on the 360 on the wii.

but this is pathetic. what will the underground zombie fest at the end be like now? 10 zombies chasing your truck?

see my point. no you don't cause some of you are so sucked into your 1 system you can't stand up and be like wtf i deserve better. well i for 1 have no problem bashing a 360 or ps3 and a wii crap port which is what this is.

Without an X360, I never paid too much attention to specifics on the original Dead Rising. The disagreements on whether the save system is flawed or not remind me of disagreements among Pikmin fans about time/day limits, though.
Taking advantage of the same proven technology that brought Resident Evil® 4 so successfully to Wii,
D... discs?
Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but.
You never studied. </raystantz>

Sadist

What's with the butt hurt 360 DR fans?

It seems to me that these guys don't have any intention to buy Chop Till' You Drop and their constant jammering about DR 2 gets really old really fast. And the funny thing is, DR 2 doesn't even EXCIST on this very moment. Maybe everyone should play the game first before passing judgement. And of course, who ever said the Wii version will influence a possible sequal? All in in your heads kids.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
_dementia said:
RE4 engine?
Wasn't Framework supposed to be scaleable?
Will we ever see any Wii Framework games?
Isn't Framework based on freaking Onimusha 3?
I think it is the RE4 Wii team that are doing this? So they may just not have the experience with the framework engine. Is one possibility anyway.

123rl

JoshuaJSlone said:
Without an X360, I never paid too much attention to specifics on the original Dead Rising. The disagreements on whether the save system is flawed or not remind me of disagreements among Pikmin fans about time/day limits, though.
</raystantz>

Exactly - same sort of thing. Complain about the AI or the boss difficulty, but don't play a game if you don't like the most fundamental aspect of it. It's like saying I hate WOW because it's an MMO, I want to play football games but I hate football, I love racing games but I don't want to have to steer or accelerate/brake etc

Lefty42o said:
first not trolling

next as a wii owner i would love for this game to come to the wii. but i am tired of crap games. at this point i only pull it out to get drunk and play wii sports. i would love to have dr as it was on the 360 on the wii.

but this is pathetic. what will the underground zombie fest at the end be like now? 10 zombies chasing your truck?

see my point. no you don't cause some of you are so sucked into your 1 system you can't stand up and be like wtf i deserve better. well i for 1 have no problem bashing a 360 or ps3 and a wii crap port which is what this is.

Man, you haven't even played it. How con you make such comments withoug having played this game or having seen any clarifying videos. Sorry but as a real core-supporter of the Wii you wouldn't act like that.

sonicmj1

It's good to see that there are SOME time-management elements in it. I'm just wondering whether that means that you're really on a clock, or whether it just means that the rescue opportunities go away after you clear a case. Both would fit the description.

If they're getting rid of time management, then there's no reason to have the old save system, so I don't care about that. They complement each other, and one without the other is meaningless.

Still, those screens are discouraging. Thirty (at best) zombies on screen at once is not a good thing when you're comparing it to a game that had hundreds of foes in the same space. How are they going to hinder you at all now?

I loved the RE4 port, but this one seems like it'll be pretty poor (the whole thing seems an impossible venture, anyways), and that's a disservice to the excellent 360 title.

Lefty42o said:

I wonder what their excuse is. Demon Chaos on PS2 could handle 65,000 enemies on screen at once.

Lefty42o

Banned
Frencherman said:
Man, you haven't even played it. How con you make such comments withoug having played this game or having seen any clarifying videos. Sorry but as a real core-supporter of the Wii you wouldn't act like that.

this is my opinion based on the screenshots. since i am not a troll my opinion is open to change if i see more shots or video that shows tons more zombies.

till than it appears like a crap port and as a wii owner i am tired of this.

next wtf is a real core supporter? so buying the system and software and add ons and extra cables and extra wii motes some how makes me less of a supporter cause i am not happy with how a games appears? thats the worse statement i have ever read :lol

Lefty42o said:
first not trolling

Good going on your post here. Yeah, So we have seen a few screenshots where the backgrounds look barren. You really think there going to release the game like this?

As for saying your tired of CRAP games? Dead Rising is anything BUT and Capcom is doing a great service for Wii players giving them a chance to play this game. Sure there is some alterations but the core game is going to remain the same and for the Wii. Sure... Capcom... don't waste your time putting that game on the Wii, I mean the graphics will have to be altered but... JEBUS man. This is only a positive thing for the Wii.

As for the truck part, you don't even drive a truck in that part and who knows how they will do it. Capcom doesn't do shitty ports so I'm sure the game will be fine. Sure it won't look as good as 360, sure it won't be an exact port, but its Dead Rising for the Wii... and thats a damn good thing.

Also, ports and I mean cheap ports usually consist of a game that can easily be tranferable to another system with little effort spent on the port to maximize the money the game makes. Yet with this, they actually have to spend time downgrading the graphics but making them the best they can, while trying to flood the screen with as many zombies as they possible can, while adding a new boss, and other new shit. This isn't some hackjob of a port this is mother fucking CAPCOM! They will make it the best it can be on the Wii.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Good going on your post here. Yeah, So we have seen a few screenshots where the backgrounds look barren. You really think there going to release the game like this?

As for saying your tired of CRAP games? Dead Rising is anything BUT and Capcom is doing a great service for Wii players giving them a chance to play this game. Sure there is some alterations but the core game is going to remain the same and for the Wii. Sure... Capcom... don't waste your time putting that game on the Wii, I mean the graphics will have to be altered but... JEBUS man. This is only a positive thing for the Wii.

As for the truck part, you don't even drive a truck in that part and who knows how they will do it. Capcom doesn't do shitty ports so I'm sure the game will be fine. Sure it won't look as good as 360, sure it won't be an exact port, but its Dead Rising for the Wii... and thats a damn good thing.

Yes, you do. If you want to survive for more than three seconds that is.

VAIL

Pushing a ton of enemies inst a problem, ps2 did it.... it's pushing them with any sort of quality along with everything else that is going on. Does every DR thread have to turn to shit with trolls or butthurt fans of the original?

Top Bottom