• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

duckroll

E.X. Troopers is a new title from Capcom. Sinobi reports that the genre is action shooting, and the platform is both the PS3 and the 3DS. The producer is Shintaro Kojima, who is also producer on the Monster Hunter series. May'n is singing the theme song.

The game apparently looks like a sci-fi Rival Schools, and features anime style graphics in a high-school setting. The cutscenes will be done comic style like in Gravity Daze and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. There seems to be connections in the game universe with the Lost Planet series, but it doesn't resemble the previous Lost Planet games at all.

This should be in this week's Famitsu.

Edit: Nirolak pointed out to me that Capcom has trademarks for E.X. Troopers in US and Europe, so that's probably the English title. Thanks!

Edit2:

Official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/ext/index.html
Trailer: http://youtu.be/-Fvur6sobnM

Is it 3DS or 360? Andriasang has 360 in the article, but 3DS in the title, and did you get this from Andriasang or the usual Famitsu leak source (Sinobi is it?).

EditL: Yeah, you say it's from Sinobi in the OP.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
lol duckroll

Is it 3DS or 360?

Edit: Oh, I see Sinobi says it's 3DS/PS3. I'm a fool, haha. Bizarre.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And finally we know what happened to Lost Planet Troopers!

BowieZ

Banned
Honestly thought for a while that Japanese developers would be primarily publishing for PS3 and 3DS.

I mean, DS and PSP are outdated, 360 and Vita are anemic, and it'll be a long while till Wii U hits its stride.

"PS3DS"?

AniHawk

This is really weird they pick PS3/3DS. Something tells me it isn't a large budget game or something.

they're probably making it for the console that third party games sell on and the handheld that third party games sell on.

in japan, of course.

Really odd platform choices, wonder if there's something that got lost in translation.

Really odd timing to release a new IP too. I do have to say, I love the comic-book style cutscenes, so I could pay attention to this.

Looking forward to famitsu news.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling with Capcom as far as a publisher goes.

They've been trying to broaden their portfolio really late into this gen, and have had several bombs in the past couple years.

Dark Void bombed hard, Asura's Wrath bombed hard, Dragon Dogma's will most likely bomb hard.

And then there's stuff like Dead Rising 2 which, even though it sold 2.2 million copies according to Wikipedia, I don't think with the development costs and the fact that it's a yen based company, 2.2M is enough to turn a profit in a game.

I see this happening with a lot of companies, like THQ, trying to fund a bunch of projects that are obviously not going anywhere, and specially a lot of Japanese companies making their IPs less and less relevant as time goes by. Makes me worry a little bit about these weird attempts with Capcom.

klee123

Ex-Troopers (not sure on the exact title spelling, could also be X-Troopers, or Axe-Troopers! Lol.) is a new title from Capcom. Sinobi reports that the genre is action shooting, and the platform is both the PS3 and the 3DS. The producer is Shintaro Kojima, who is also producer on the Monster Hunter series. May'n is singing the theme song.

The game apparently looks like a sci-fi Rival Schools, and features anime style graphics in a high-school setting. The cutscenes will be done comic style like in Gravity Daze and Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker. There seems to be connections in the game universe with the Lost Planet series, but it doesn't resemble the previous Lost Planet games at all.

This should be in this week's Famitsu.

Day 1. Hope the game will be heavily cell shaded.

Jonnyram

I think it's increasingly clear that Capcom isn't interested in strongly supporting the Vita.
Yep, they've certainly got a bee in their bonnet about something. Cross platform PS3/Vita just made too much sense, especially with the tools Sony is providing.

Top Bottom