• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Gaist Crusher for 3DS - new children's conent initiative

serplux

This gen's version of Inazuma Eleven in terms of surprise success? Only time will tell.

It certainly has the opportunity, considering how much the 3DS base will grow by the end of the year with both Monster Hunter and Pokemon providing massive boosts, along with a crapton of other games that will come before then.

Takao

Banned
Did any of those launch yet?

No, the OP doesn't specify when they'll launch either. I'd guess Fall/Winter. These things usually coming out in staggered launches. First the manga, then the anime with the toys, and then the game.

130402b.png

130402a.png
That look a lot like Gregar & Falzar in Battle Network.

The armor designs are reminiscent of Mega Man.

It looks pretty cool. It looks kind of like Monster Hunter with faster action. I'd play it if it came over here.

watershed

Banned
Didn't Level 5 recently attempt some big new children oriented franchise on the 3ds that flopped. For some reason I never think this stuff will take off.

Didn't Level 5 recently attempt some big new children oriented franchise on the 3ds that flopped. For some reason I never think this stuff will take off.

If you mean Fantasy Life it did quite ok

Yeah I know about Youkai watch, for some reason I thought there was one before that involving small mechs or something. Maybe I'm just mistaken though.

Little Battlers launched on psp, got ported to 3ds, had a sequel on psp/vita, and seems to be going to 3ds

Why are they wasting money in this and not Legends 3?, they are going to greenlight anything, anything............

If they think this is going to do better than EX Troopers....

Why are they wasting money in this and not Legends 3?, they are going to greenlight anything, anything............

If they think this is going to do better than EX Troopers....

It probably will; and it probably will be more remunarative with respect to Mega Man Me Legends 3.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok, you can finally say goodbye to the capcom you know and say welcome to the new level 5!
if this operation will have success(and we know that capcom like money) you can expect interesting games like ushiro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpsg2KDGh4

being cancelled and recicled into anime and gadget ready games like youkai watch(inazuma eleven and danball senki were not enough i guess)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0PLT34ljx4

PS:
i'm not saying that those games i mentioned are bad. ;)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Video games for children ? Burn those bastards ....

Ok, you can finally say goodbye to the capcom you know and say welcome to the new level 5!
if this operation will have success(and we know that capcom like money) you can expect interesting games like ushiro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrpsg2KDGh4

being cancelled and recicled into anime and gadget ready games like youkai watch(inazuma eleven and danball senki were not enough i guess)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0PLT34ljx4

PS:
i'm not saying that those games i mentioned are bad. ;)

Actually, Ushiro seems to have been recycled into Time Travelers, which has, as far as I know, quite adult and mature themes, and even a more mature style; Ushiro was cartoonish after all.

I don't see how a project like this one might be considered bad. They always existed, and if it's good, it can also be enjoyable for older videogamers, like Inazuma Eleven is.

vareon

The population of children in Japan is declining, so we're going to make a cross-media franchise that targets exactly that population!

I do love things like this, though. If I were a kid I'll be very excited about this, I think. Can't replicate that feel when you're browsing TV and stumbled into a very cool cartoon.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They must really hate Mega-Man that this isn't a new MegaMan spin-off. Fight robot beasties in MonHun style while transforming into a powered suit with different weapons? Christ. All on the MML3 engine, used for Ex Troopers, a game that were it not covered in Lost Planet, could have been good Megaman the Third Person Shooter. Did Inafune lock a box and throw away the key before getting told to hoof it?

Just finished watching the trailer and I'd play this but it isn't happening in a logical way that I can so fuck anything I just said.

If this sells worse than EX Troopers it will be one of the bigger bombas in recent Capcom history. EX Troopers sold like 30k.

I'm surprised but at the same time not so much. I enjoyed playing it but leaving the majority out in cold was just bad business.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Actually, Ushiro seems to have been recycled into Time Travelers, which has, as far as I know, quite adult and mature themes, and even a more mature style; Ushiro was cartoonish after all.

I don't see how a project like this one might be considered bad. They always existed, and if it's good, it can also be enjoyable for older videogamers, like Inazuma Eleven is.

No, they modified the main caharacters' designs and used them into time travellers, but the concept of the game was transformed from a personaesque game with dark atmosphere into the anime and gadget ready youkai watch :(

Top Bottom