• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces LOST PLANET 2 (360) - shock&awe imminent

up340631.jpg

Canadian download link

Sean said:
Tons of gameplay footage.

- Has an intro by Jun Takeuchi (RE5 producer). Said he will have to take off his Resident Evil jacket for this video, that this is his "other big project".
- "Kenji Oguro" is director
- Powered by "MT-FrameWork 2.0".
- "massive change in climate which has melted the snow and created brand-new environments such as jungles."
- "story won't be confusing on one main character like in LP1"
- "have been some big changes in how the game plays"
- "players wished they had been able to take on the Akrid enemies in a co-op mode. You should be able to see our response to those requests in the trailer you just saw"

Coxswain said:
Also:
- Portable cover/shields like Gears 2
- Mechs with passenger seats and turrets
- Looks like a co-op squad-based game
- Story is told from the perspective of various Snow Pirate factions

1790_0007.jpg

1790_0008.jpg

1790_0009.jpg

1790_0010.jpg

Streaming video

Will update when theres more info.

if its a Japanese announcement, its most likely a game of more interest to the Japanese audience.

could be something like Monster Hunter or Sengoku Basara, or something of the like.

N.A

Banned
Didn't someone say that they were doing something special for the 360 version of Dead Rising 2?

I'll put my Buck o' Five on a proper Dead Rising 2 trailer.

Doesn't look like it'll be 360 exclusive, I imagine they just want to promote DR2 on the 360 over other platforms given it has a history there.

Chinner

Banned
We've already had the PR announcing DR2. Admittingly they did say on that very PR that gameplay and story details will be coming 'shortly'.

N.A

Banned
Here's the quote from Inafune about the 360 version of Dead Rising 2

"Please expect new Dead Rising and Lost Planet titles. While they will be on multiple platforms, we are thinking about having the 360 version play out differently."

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Mega Man Legends 3!!!! OMG!

Yeah. Right. Regardless, Capcom always has my interest.

Top Bottom