• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces PS5/Series S|X Enhancements for Resident Evil 7, 2 and 3 Remakes - Free Upgrade

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Any word on what the actual enhancements are? I'm getting kinda burned out on these crappy 'enhancement' ports and especially after that GTA5 joke.

Not in exact specifics, but here's what we know:

- Ray Tracing
- High Frame Rate Mode (could be 120)
- 3D Audio
- Dualsense on PS5

They have not gone into specifics of resolution, target frame rate and what kind of RT it will have yet.

Ezekiel_

Banned
Raccoon City edition 23.99$ right now on PSN.

Resident Evil 7 is included with PS5 PS+ Collection or 9.99$. Full game is PSVR compatible too.

drotahorror

Need to see them ray traced reflections in that latex

wqyHnmM.jpg

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
TBH the vignetting in the RE2/3 remakes is far worse than the CA.

Once you use mods to remove the vignetting in the PC versions, it makes a lot more of a difference to IQ and lighting IMO.

DonJorginho

Banned
I never played RE2 remake as I'm a pussy who can't handle the constant chases from Mr X, that's why I also couldn't play RE8 or 7 with Jack and Lady D, I love horror games but can't stand a constant cat and mouse chase, the only time I did stomach it was Alien Isolation.

Is RE3 Remake easier in this aspect or is Nemesis still a constant chasing threat that will make me shit my pants?

I never played RE2 remake as I'm a pussy who can't handle the constant chases from Mr X, that's why I also couldn't play RE8 or 7 with Jack and Lady D, I love horror games but can't stand a constant cat and mouse chase, the only time I did stomach it was Alien Isolation.

Is RE3 Remake easier in this aspect or is Nemesis still a constant chasing threat that will make me shit my pants?
RE3 is easier, Nemesis only follows you during short scripted sections. And even then that's only for a very small portion of the first half of the game.

Nice.
I really want a full version of RE3 and Mr Xless version of RE2 which will never happen
I'm a big fan of RE2make and it was my GotY of 2019. But I agree with you, and that's one area where they messed up: they should've relegated Mr. X to just the B scenarios, like the original game. That way, a "Mr. X-less" RE2 would already be built in via the A scenarios.

M1987

Yeah shows up on UK psn aswell. I'd prefer if they did 2 first but meh.
Nothing showing for me when I just checked. Hopefully it will be released soon because I have held off playing it because of the upgrade

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

I'm a big fan of RE2make and it was my GotY of 2019. But I agree with you, and that's one area where they messed up: they should've relegated Mr. X to just the B scenarios, like the original game. That way, a "Mr. X-less" RE2 would already be built in via the A scenarios.

Totally agree. That would of been perfect. Plus Berkins is meant to be the big bad boss. Iv played the first part of the game so much until Mr X comes lol.
I loved it too, it would of been my GOTY if it wasn’t for that. It lost out to Fire Emblem 3 Houses and Sekiro

rofif

Banned
Any idea if these are ps5 native disc releases? Or just digital upgrades for ps4 discs?
I love re2 and I wonder if it will be any different than pc version.

"Next-gen physical editions aren't planned right now" ok I see.
But steam version will also get the patch.

I wonder if they will add ps5 fast loading ad dualsense support... and 3d audio support. I am never sure how to properly use 3d audio in re games. Village on ps5 supported all at the same time? the 3d audio and headphones mode were still available when using 3d audio in console setting... so I am not sure if I am virtualizing virtualized audio or what

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
RE7 is just boring as fuck 🤷 REmake 3 is at least a fun little action title with more interesting game mechanics
I'm not saying RE7 is flawless but at least he tried something of new. RE3R is an insult to RE3 and just a greedy commercial move. I can't forgive Capcom to have cut all the symbolic areas of the game just for a tiny short remade where most of the settings redesigned, are flat and totally uninspired. Still can't believe they released it in this state.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm not saying RE7 is flawless but RE3R is an insult to RE3 and just a greedy commercial move. I can't forgive Capcom to have cut all the symbolic areas of the game just for a tiny short reboot where most of the settings redesigned, are flat and totally uninspired
Also partially true, but still better then RE7

Banned
I'm not saying RE7 is flawless but at least he tried something of new. RE3R is an insult to RE3 and just a greedy commercial move. I can't forgive Capcom to have cut all the symbolic areas of the game just for a tiny short remade where most of the settings redesigned, are flat and totally uninspired. Still can't believe they released it in this state.

I simply don't compare REmake 3 to RE3, RE3 was never one of my favourite games, so I really don't care how true to the original it is

Last edited:

Ev1L AuRoN

I bought RE3 and never finished, I double-dipped RE7 on PC and never finished the game on PC since I already beat the game on PS4. That's a nice excuse to go back and finish them.

assurdum

Banned
I simply don't compare REmake 3 to RE3, RE3 was never one of my favourite games, so I really don't care how true to the oh it is
Neither mine. But they called it remake making a reboot where cutted off practically most of the game areas just for 4 hours of walkthrough with a shitty online mode, fuck them. At least RE7 was longer.

Last edited:

Blackage

RE3R is such a rushed and flawed remake and I say this as somebody that actually still likes it for what it is, but it could have been soooo much better if they stuck to the Nemesis being an actual hunter for more of the game.

RE2R also, I loved it really wish there were true A/B scenarios.

Those games could easy sell another 2-3 million if they got director's cuts that fixed the issues.

Top Bottom