• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium list leaked (Microsoft store)

anthony2690

Banned
List of games in Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium
1943 Kai
Black Tiger
Block Block
Capcom Sports Club
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Eco Fighters
Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
Hissatsu Buraiken (Avengers)
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge
Pnickies
Rally 2011 LED Storm
Saturday Night Slam Masters
Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
SonSon
Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
The King of Dragons
The Speed Rumbler (Rush & Crash)
Three Wonders (capcom fighting collection, preorder bonus)
Tiger Road
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire

Surprisingly a lot off these titles are on the capcom fighting collection/street fighter collection.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Not liking the looks of that at all.
Way too much Street Fighter which has been released a millions times already.

Needs Strider 2, Power Stone 1 + 2, Gigawing 2, Dimahoo.
WTF Capcom?
I was hoping for gigawing 2 too myself, I was also hoping for gunbird games too, but I think Capcom only published them consoles.

I don't think strider 2 or powerstone 1/2 are arcade games though, I could be wrong.
& I'll need to Google what dimahoo is.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I was hoping for gigawing 2 too myself, I was also hoping for gunbird games too, but I think Capcom only published them consoles.

I don't think strider 2 or powerstone 1/2 are arcade games though, I could be wrong.
Strider 2 and the Powerstones came out in Japanese arcades. Would have been nice to see them on here - maybe they have other plans for those games though (hopefully). Ide buy those individually if I had to. Dimahoo is a solid Raizing shmup. Not sure if Capcom owns it though.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

Gunbird 1 & 2 have been on sale on Switch for a while.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Savage Bees (Exed Exes)

bees-not-the-bees.gif

anthony2690

Banned
Gunbird 1 & 2 have been on sale on Switch for a while.
I had them on switch, before I got rid off my device (miss playing gunbird 1/2)

Psikyo Collection was announced for Xbox last year, and I've been patiently waiting as I know it contains both games.

& I'm waiting for cotton Saturn Tribute too, city connection said it would be out later this year on xbox :)

This collection is pretty disappointing imo, the first collection was excellent though, was worth the price alone just for Progear, Gigawing and Varth :)

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I had them on switch, before I got rid off my device (miss playing gunbird 1/2)

Psikyo Collection was announced for Xbox last year, and I've been patiently waiting as I know it contains both games.

& I'm waiting for cotton Saturn Tribute too, city connection said it would be out later this year on xbox :)

This collection is pretty disappointing imo, the first collection was excellent though, was worth the price alone just for Progear, Gigawing and Varth :)
I'm not familiar with all the games, but it definitely seems weaker than the first collection. Agreed.

Faithless83

Banned
1943 Kai
Black Tiger
Block Block
Capcom Sports Club
Eco Fighters
Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Pnickies
Rally 2011 LED Storm
Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
SonSon
Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
The King of Dragons
Tiger Road

Surprisingly a lot off these titles are on the capcom fighting collection/street fighter collection.
No online multiplayer in this collection is absurd to say the least.

anthony2690

Banned
No online multiplayer in this collection is absurd to say the least.
Would be very little reason to buy their fighting or beat em up collections if they did that :p

I'll nab their newest fighter collection, as I want to play puzzle fighter and other games online.

But I'm passing on this collection.

Faithless83

Banned
Would be very little reason to buy their fighting or beat em up collections if they did that :p

I'll nab their newest fighter collection, as I want to play puzzle fighter and other games online.

But I'm passing on this collection.
The online on them aren't great. I'm hoping the latest fighting collection has a decent online. I'll wait for the feedback.
Granted, I could just play it on FC, but that's not the point.

By now I'm basically buying these to have a "legit" copy of some of my games that I end up playing on better implementations like MiSTer or FC.
Wasted opportunity IMO. Imagine all of those with a decent rollback netcode and an active community?

thatJohann

1943 Kai
Black Tiger
Block Block
Capcom Sports Club
Eco Fighters
Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Pnickies
Rally 2011 LED Storm
Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
SonSon
Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
The King of Dragons
Tiger Road

Um yea this is way too similar to the Capcom Fighting Collection coming at the end of the month:

anthony2690

Banned
The online on them aren't great. I'm hoping the latest fighting collection has a decent online. I'll wait for the feedback.
Granted, I could just play it on FC, but that's not the point.

By now I'm basically buying these to have a "legit" copy of some of my games that I end up playing on better implementations like MiSTer or FC.
Wasted opportunity IMO. Imagine all of those with a decent rollback netcode and an active community?
They have rollback online, it seems more than decent enough on third strike, not as good as kofxv sadly, but with people in the same part of the world it seems great.

Naked Lunch

Aliens vs Predator - Willow
Licensing is the issue there. Those games will probably never get officially re-released. Id like to be wrong though.
Aliens changes owners every couple years it seems.

Even something like Conan which Dark Horse owned for years, Marvel recently bought the license 2 years ago and now they lost it again just this year.

Faithless83

Banned
They have rollback online, it seems more than decent enough on third strike, not as good as kofxv sadly, but with people in the same part of the world it seems great.
Not by my experience. A lot of desync just like SF5. Far from decent with people playing in the same city, let alone state.
Beat em up collection is another mess online too. Being rollback doesn't mean it's great by default. SF5 is rollback too, you know?

Nothing topped Guilty Gear Strive so far. I can play people with 200+ ping just fine. It should be the standard. GGPO is open source, there is no excuse to not have proper online on emulators.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Aliens vs Predator - Willow
Licensing is the issue there. Those games will probably never get officially re-released. Id like to be wrong though.
Aliens changes owners every couple years it seems.

Even something like Conan which Dark Horse owned for years, Marvel recently bought the license 2 years ago and now they lost it again just this year.
They just put out AvP on Capcom Home Arcade in 2019.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-2019-capcom-home-arcade-review

anthony2690

Banned
Not by my experience. A lot of desync just like SF5. Far from decent with people playing in the same city, let alone state.
Beat em up collection is another mess online too. Being rollback doesn't mean it's great by default. SF5 is rollback too, you know?

Nothing topped Guilty Gear Strive so far. I can play people with 200+ ping just fine. It should be the standard. GGPO is open source, there is no excuse to not have proper online on emulators.
I've never played beat em up online, only third strike from the capcom collections, love it.

Not played strive, but kofxv has blown me away with its online and is the gold standard, 200+ ping and it's buttery smooth, it's like witch craft honestly.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Black Tiger and Knights of the Round. Plunked lots of quarters into those games. Did lousy in each!
Knights of the Round is in the Beat em Up collection though.

This doesn't have the D&D games either, but those are BC on Xbox.

Those games will probably never get officially re-released. Id like to be wrong though.
AvP was just re-released on the Capcom fighting stick.

Last edited:

Faithless83

Banned
I've never played beat em up online, only third strike from the capcom collections, love it.

Not played strive, but kofxv has blown me away with its online and is the gold standard, 200+ ping and it's buttery smooth, it's like witch craft honestly.
It's how rollback is properly implemented, makes it look like witch craft. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pains me that we have so few advocating for proper rollback netcode. Every other genre has functional netplay, but we (Fighting games/beat em ups) are still struggling.
Good to know KOF implementation is good, I'll buy it eventually.
Check GG Strive and fightcade when you have the chance as well.

anthony2690

Banned
It's how rollback is properly implemented, makes it look like witch craft. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pains me that we have so few advocating for proper rollback netcode. Every other genre has functional netplay, but we (Fighting games/beat em ups) are still struggling.
Good to know KOF implementation is good, I'll buy it eventually.
Check GG Strive and fightcade when you have the chance as well.
I really should check out fightcade, then again how is the steam release off accent core+r? I heard that got rollback now, that would be one game, I'd probably want to play online as I love that game :)

Beechos

Capcom is the king of rereleasing the same shit over and over a million times. Give us some of the stuff that hasnt been released yet over 1000 times.

clem84

Gold Member
1943 Kai
Black Tiger
Block Block
Capcom Sports Club
Eco Fighters
Gan Sumoku (GunSmoke)
Hyper Dyne Side Arms
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Pnickies
Rally 2011 LED Storm
Savage Bees (Exed Exes)
SonSon
Street Fighter
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
The King of Dragons
Tiger Road

It just seems like we've been seeing these Capcom arcade collections since the PS2/GC/Xbox days. Aren't all these games already available on other compilations?

Those SF Alpha games will be the subpar arcade versions. :(
Hot take: from a gameplay perspective, the arcade versions are the superior versions of the Alpha games. No question.

Alpha 3 has an arcade upgrade (Zero 3 Upper, I think?) released on the Naomi board, that has the console characters (Dee Jay, Guile, etc). Arguably the only console version that holds water to the arcade is the Saturn version, but it's "LOL" levels of expensive. Besides, the Saturn version has a bit of a muffled audio, slightly "stretched" characters, and -- my hottest take yet -- World Tour is overrated.

Actually, the versions of the Alpha games on that PS2 collection were pretty good and had all sorts of cool dip switches that allowed, for example, Alpha 1 and 2 to be played with Alpha 3-style super inputs, which is a GODSEND.

I think all the recent Capcom collections have allowed choosing American/Western or Japanese versions, which is pretty cool.

Unfortunately the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary (since it was the first such modern collection in the sequence) does not allow that.

So I know it's slightly off topic, but I'll ask a question: the Japanese version of the Street Fighter Collection is known as "International Edition" and DOES allow you to toggle Japanese/American versions. Does anyone know how I can buy it on Steam? Would I have to switch regions within Steam or some such thing like that? If it's too much of a pain in the ass, then I'll pass...

PJX

Hot take: from a gameplay perspective, the arcade versions are the superior versions of the Alpha games. No question.

Alpha 3 has an arcade upgrade (Zero 3 Upper, I think?) released on the Naomi board, that has the console characters (Dee Jay, Guile, etc). Arguably the only console version that holds water to the arcade is the Saturn version, but it's "LOL" levels of expensive. Besides, the Saturn version has a bit of a muffled audio, slightly "stretched" characters, and -- my hottest take yet -- World Tour is overrated.

Actually, the versions of the Alpha games on that PS2 collection were pretty good and had all sorts of cool dip switches that allowed, for example, Alpha 1 and 2 to be played with Alpha 3-style super inputs, which is a GODSEND.

Majority of gamers don't give a shit about that. They just want to play the version with the most content it. They don't want to play a bare port arcade version of a game when there is a version with more characters, stages and modes out there.

Majority of gamers don't give a shit about that. They just want to play the version with the most content it. They don't want to play a bare port arcade version of a game when there is a version with more characters, stages and modes out there.
Cool story bro. Sales of the collection, which, in Capcom's own official words, surpassed their expectations, disagrees with you.

But go ahead, use console versions, and I'll tell you how the majority of games will react when they see constant "Now Loading" screens 😂

Faithless83

Banned
I really should check out fightcade, then again how is the steam release off accent core+r? I heard that got rollback now, that would be one game, I'd probably want to play online as I love that game :)
I didn't get +R but only heard great things, it looks like it's the same implementation or closer to the GG Strive one.

Capcom seems to be taking a page out of Sega's playbook -- re-releasing the same retro games in just slightly varied configurations.

Arcade Stadium is a cool concept but the game overlap with existing collections makes it not enticing to buy the whole package.

I'm not sure that's really an opinion at this point. Who else came close?
Agree with you. In my mind no one else came remotely close.

Now -- Sega, Namco, and SNK all had pretty cool arcade action going on in the 90s. But none of them could match Capcom in terms of prolific, varied, high quality output.

EDIT: LMAO, beaten by SeraphJan SeraphJan with a Final Fight-style lead pipe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom