• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cringe Capcom Explains Why Jill Valentine Has Less Sex Appeal in Resident Evil 3 Remake

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Mar 22, 2017
no, i don't really care for games like this, but i thought that writing in a game where you only basically read stuff and take decision was the most important aspect...

tbh it looks like shit to me in that video :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
I’m sorry you feel that way but I personally LOVE the Ace Attorney ‘s artstyle, I don’t ever want to in realistic art graphics.

Virex

formerly Virex
Jan 26, 2018
South Africa
His post history stinks of "that other forum". Over there men literally cheer when games get censored.

I very much like both McEwen and Voth, thought my post was very clear: Capcom used to take pretty women and make them prettier (Sherry Birkin looks prettier than Sara Fletcher, Sheva Alomar looks prettier than Michelle Van Der Water, Rebecca Chambers looked as pretty if not prettier than Ayumi Hamasaki).
The current in-game rendition is nowhere near as good as what it was to. This is how the current characters (especially women) look like

Not real women, rather someone wearing a vinyl mask of what is supposed to be a real woman. Rubbery, uncanny, weird.

Reactions: brap

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
It sucks that cishet sex fantasy is to be shamed, consumers derided for a very natural response to a market that has catered to them for a long time.

what stings is the same prudes tut tutting about sexy games are also the loudest about LGBT representation and intrusively projecting pan sexual shipping and fetishisation. it ends up seeming hypocritical when they don’t allow cishet fetishisation in pop culture. sexual freedom needs to be for all imo.

there is nothing wrong with sexy campy cishet pulp fantasy. it is a shame modern pop culture must always downplay sex in favor of violence.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2010
I don't agree with the art designers reasoning that having a character w/ sex appeal is at odds with a story like Resident Evil 3's. It's also easy to see how it's possible this could have been provoked by woke pressure, internally or via the general climate. Which sucks.

However, Jill in the RE3make is not even close to ugly. She's incredibly attractive.

Also, they lowkey made her bewbs bigger too.

UnNamed

Dec 21, 2006
I always thought Resetera had a serius issue with real women.

Then I read this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeypher

TheTurboFD

Mar 18, 2014
I actually like the new Jill. I probably would have chosen a different hairstyle but she's in no way ugly.

TheGreatYosh

Jul 19, 2018
Again, I really want to see some receipts here. What chicks are you fucking that look less like dudes than Jill’s new look?
I don't care about her new look. I'm specifically talking about that pic. I would never even think that's Jill if I didn't already know.

Jesus, looking at it again. The face doesn't even match up with the body. It's like the face was imposed on it.

Last edited:

Pejo

Jul 1, 2009
I feel like the RE Engine just can't do female faces, especially using whichever face scanning tech that Capcom uses. Claire was better, but Jill, Lady, and especially Trish from DMC5 just don't look good. I've seen the real life models they're based off of, and the RE Engine just seems to accentuate all the manly features without any of the soft ones.

Regardless, the mod community has already made Jill mods out the ass, so you can play with whatever iteration of her you want on PC (nude, RE1 outfit, etc).

Also you can make Nemesis into Thomas the Tank Engine.

• LOL
Reactions: lock2k

Fawst

Neo Member
Feb 25, 2020
That's real alright ... real fuckin dumb. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Meanwhile, everyone who hasn't learned this yet: you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. I think Capcom is gonna be just fine with making a few people cry over the design. I thought she was vastly better looking in the demo than in the original, and she seems badass without being "badass." As in, she's not fake. Jill in the movie? Fake badass. And yes, the outfit is far more practical. Not sure exactly what kind of nightlife was going down in the original RE games, but Jill was fuckin there for it, obviously. And yeah, as people pointed out, modders are gonna save everyone's day on PC, so there you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackTron

~Fake

Dec 20, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
She doesn’t look bad, just really boring. You could show me the original model 20 years from now and I’d still be able to tell who it is right away. The new one just seems really generic and forgettable.
I agree. I find her fine, just not the best Jill.
The REmake still by far the best Jill model.

Reactions: RSB
Oct 14, 2010
I think she looks far more memorable than the PS3/X360 era Jill models. REmake Jill is still more iconic but this isn't bad at all.

Jeeves

Dec 7, 2008
I'm not much of a RE guy, so you could say I don't have a horse in this race.

At the same time, you could say that New Jill has a horse in her face.

LordKasual

Jul 28, 2016
Jill looks incredible in R3make.

You dorks are judging her off of the promotional renders which look nothing like her in-game model, which is far superior.

They're gonna outrage anyway lol. They just want to complain about the fact she isn't specifically designed for their wank sessions anymore.

Yeah, I wonder how the girlfriends of the people that say she is ugly and manly look. WTF.
Trick question, they obviously don't interact with women.

glarb_dungus

Oct 31, 2019
joeofnash.tumblr.com
They're gonna outrage anyway lol. They just want to complain about the fact she isn't specifically designed for their wank sessions anymore.
I mean, it's one thing to not be down with her new design. That's understandable. Personally, I wish her clothing was a bit less generic (tank top and jeans is overdone at this point).

But to say she is ugly... Yeah, I seriously doubt anyone here could ever get a girl this hot. To me, she looks like Jill should in the RE Engine, and least as far as her model goes.

Reactions: makaveli60

LordKasual

Jul 28, 2016
I mean, it's one thing to not be down with her new design. That's understandable. Personally, I wish her clothing was a bit less generic (tank top and jeans is overdone at this point).

But to say she is ugly... Yeah, I seriously doubt anyone here could ever get a girl this hot. To me, she looks like Jill should in the RE Engine, and least as far as her model goes.

Right...She's literally a model.

Like i said....they're just mad she isn't specifically made up and dolled out for their gore-themed wank sessions anymore.

When i go through threads like this, i can only imagine the lot of people with these odd comments are the kinds of dudes with naked anime chicks on their desktop background.

I can get "she's not my type", but "UGLY" and "looks like a man".....nah, yall got issues.

Not only is she hot, but she's wearing form fitting clothing and an unbuttoned shirt where her breasts are literally bursting out of her shirt.

This character is about as close to sex appeal as you can get in this kind of game

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoLed

glarb_dungus

Oct 31, 2019
joeofnash.tumblr.com
Right...She's literally a model.

Like i said....they're just mad she isn't specifically made up and dolled out for their gore-themed wank sessions anymore.

When i go through threads like this, i can only imagine the lot of people with these odd comments are the kinds of dudes with naked anime chicks on their desktop background.

I can get "she's not my type", but "UGLY" and "looks like a man".....nah, yall got issues.

Not only is she hot, but she's wearing form fitting clothing and an unbuttoned shirt where her breasts are literally bursting out of her shirt.

This character is about as close to sex appeal as you can get in this kind of game
What's weird is Jill was never a character designed to be a wank off type waifu. With the exception of RE5, she, while being pretty, was not a character designed to have high sex appeal.

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
It sucks that cishet sex fantasy is to be shamed, consumers derided for a very natural response to a market that has catered to them for a long time.

what stings is the same prudes tut tutting about sexy games are also the loudest about LGBT representation and intrusively projecting pan sexual shipping and fetishisation. it ends up seeming hypocritical when they don’t allow cishet fetishisation in pop culture. sexual freedom needs to be for all imo.

there is nothing wrong with sexy campy cishet pulp fantasy. it is a shame modern pop culture must always downplay sex in favor of violence.
I would've liked this post if you didn't use cishet like a fucking cult member.

Jill looks incredible in R3make.

You dorks are judging her off of the promotional renders which look nothing like her in-game model, which is far superior.
Who the fuck is this ethnically ambiguous ass bitch? #NOTMyJill

Virex

formerly Virex
Jan 26, 2018
South Africa
I don't agree with the art designers reasoning that having a character w/ sex appeal is at odds with a story like Resident Evil 3's. It's also easy to see how it's possible this could have been provoked by woke pressure, internally or via the general climate. Which sucks.

However, Jill in the RE3make is not even close to ugly. She's incredibly attractive.

Also, they lowkey made her bewbs bigger too.
She sure has a lovely pair of tits

• Love
Reactions: lock2k

brap

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Also one thing that cracks me up is people acting like you have to be attractive to be a model. You literally do not and it's been that way for years.

She sure has a lovely pair of tits
big and sweaty haha lole

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Virex