• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Fighting Collection Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member

A combo of bonus content awaits in Capcom Fighting Collection, including 500+ art pieces, 400+ music tracks, a training mode, mid-game saves, and more.

Calling all gem-crashing fans, moonlight-loving night warriors, and full metal fighters - Capcom Fighting Collection launches on June 24, 2022! Pre-order now to get a combo of bonuses, including 18 music remixes plus new illustrations.

yurinka

Am I missing something? Wasn't this announced along with SF6?
Yes, it was announced at the same time tthan SF6. Today they only released a new trailer providing extra details about the bonus content.

Last edited:

Hoppa

I’m sick of seeing them grave digging SF2. If you need to put a Street Fighter game in make it third strike or something else!

Notabueno

Banned
I would've rather Hyper, Gem Fighter and Puzzle II be added to the SF collection, which is also still missing the EX games.

Also we're all waiting for a Marvel vs Capcom collection starting with Children of the Atom, then Xmen vs Street Fighter and so on...

poodaddy

I mean....this is bought as fuck. That being said, how much is this? Don't know whether I should just go ahead and preorder it or wait for the inevitable gamepass arrival.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out our Capcom Fighting Collection Review to see if it's a Sonic Boom of Sonic Bust!

In this new fighting collection, ten games ranging from Street Fighter II all the way to versions of Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3) never before released outside of Japan come together with modern trappings such as rollback netcode and tons of museum art. Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (Pocket Fighter in Japan), and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo are included as well as obscurities like Red Earth (Warzard in Japan) and Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness. Capcom included full soundtracks, and even an in-game achievement system to augment the collection, known as Fighting Challenges.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Do you get anything special with the preorder?
"The following contents are available as early-purchase bonuses.
Enjoy additional original content created by some great artists!

Museum Bonus Content

Each will be downloaded to the in-game "Museum".

5 exclusive new illustrations by:
Chisato Mita
Yuri Kataiwa
Ryuji Higurashi
Tamio
SAKUTAMO

18 remixed music tracks by:
CAP-JAMS (8 tracks)
Knxwledge (6 tracks)
Mndsgn (1 track)
KEIZOmachine! (1 track)
Olive Oil (1 track)
Matt Cab (1 track)

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium base game + Three Wonders set

The second Capcom Arcade Stadium title featuring a recreated arcade full of authentic cabinets to play. Coming soon with a new lineup of masterpieces! An additional title, Three Wonders, is also available as part of this set.

Note: Bonus content is available to customers who purchase by 23:59 on Friday 30 September, 2022."

Does button config have 3P/3K button options
The Street Fighter 30th anniversary doesn't, which is very annoying.

But the Street Fighter games in the Capcom Arcade Stadium do, in fact, have 3P/3K. They also (unlike 30th Anniversary Collection) have a US/JP regional toggle.

Sojiro

Oh shit this is out soon isnt it? So in for a physical copy, and glad to see they seemed to have added some additional stuff instead of just straight dumping the arcade ROMs into a single collectuon. Really looking forward to this.

Interested, but $40 is very steep. Wasn’t the SF collection $10 less?
Yes, but it also had less content and less emulation quality of life features:

- It had no regional toggle (JP/US) for games
- No 3P/3K button mappings
- Gallery was pretty weak, they didn't include any of the art galleries of the various console releases of Street Fighter games over the years (especially the Saturn releases)
- Training mode and online only for the last games within a series (Hyper Fighting / Super Turbo / Alpha 3 / Third Strike). A lot of people are fans of, for example, Alpha 2, and obviously those people were hung out to dry 😂
- Etc...

Seems that this package offers more than that, so in Capcom's mind the higher price is justified. But I'm with you though, should be $30....

Its absolute insanity they never patched in 3P/3K mapping to the SF Collection.
Talk about low (no?) effort support.
The only way to play the Japanese versions is to importa copy of the "International Edition" of the Collection, which allows you to toggle between US and JP versions of all games in the collection.

I still hold on to my Dreamcast copy of Super Turbo for this reason. Man, what a game. Has a "dip switch" menu that allows you to toggle all sorts of things.

They also didn't include things like the arranged soundtrack from the Saturn version of Alpha 1, which is amazing. Or any artwork at all.

SkylineRKR

These are just romsets with save states for training, but its what I want. No changes or bullshit, just the pure arcade versions. With online.

I can't wait. I miss playing Vampire Savior.

SkylineRKR

This is pretty good. It unlocked overnight. Played it for 10 min or so.

They are straight arcade ports, you can even enable the CPS boot up screen (showing the version number, warning etc). You can select language, but also blood. So English + red blood. And you can enable coins. What I especially like is the button assignment. I hooked up my Hayabusa and it seems its perfectly assigned from the get go. The 6 face buttons are correct from light to heavy, Coin is on one of the small upper buttons on the stick, etc. Didn't have to change anything. And, there is no oversight with buttons. You can get everywhere with just arcade stick.

Ofcourse its bare bones, but its arcade perfect with rollback. And training mode, movelist. I think this one beats SF collection since it has online for all games, more artwork etc.

I managed to 1CC Vampire Hunter 2 with Morrigan.

With this and SF collection, I essentially have a great collection of fighters from the golden age of 2d fighting games. With the beat em up bundle its even better. Well perhaps a crossover collection would be cool, with MSH and X-Men added.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Yeah and you can add supers to a button, which you can disable in online play and are disabled in ranked anyway. Its handy for anakaris super, though its kind of a cross sequence thats easy to remember once you get it.

cireza

This is pretty good. It unlocked overnight. Played it for 10 min or so.

They are straight arcade ports, you can even enable the CPS boot up screen (showing the version number, warning etc). You can select language, but also blood. So English + red blood. And you can enable coins. What I especially like is the button assignment. I hooked up my Hayabusa and it seems its perfectly assigned from the get go. The 6 face buttons are correct from light to heavy, Coin is on one of the small upper buttons on the stick, etc. Didn't have to change anything. And, there is no oversight with buttons. You can get everywhere with just arcade stick.

Ofcourse its bare bones, but its arcade perfect with rollback. And training mode, movelist. I think this one beats SF collection since it has online for all games, more artwork etc.

I managed to 1CC Vampire Hunter 2 with Morrigan.

With this and SF collection, I essentially have a great collection of fighters from the golden age of 2d fighting games. With the beat em up bundle its even better. Well perhaps a crossover collection would be cool, with MSH and X-Men added.
Can you tell of there is integer scaling by any chance ?

SkylineRKR

I would say there is. Wasn't it also in SF Collection? Vampire Savior looks really good on my 55" TV at Full 4:3. With the default Type D filter (scanlines) I think it looks perfect and I don't see any artefacts.

Last edited:

thatJohann

HEADS UP - There's some pretty bad audio delay in the Switch port, especially on the Darkstalkers games. Switch version 1.0.1. Hope they patch it soon. Impossible to time combos given the sound delay. Ugh.

Kacho

HEADS UP - There's some pretty bad audio delay in the Switch port, especially on the Darkstalkers games. Switch version 1.0.1. Hope they patch it soon. Impossible to time combos given the sound delay. Ugh.
Thanks for the heads up. I watched several reviews on YouTube and this didn’t get mentioned at all.

thatJohann

Thanks for the heads up. I watched several reviews on YouTube and this didn’t get mentioned at all.

Update: Looks like the audio delay is only happening when using surround sound via eARC. Doesn't happen in any other game on switch for me but this one. Using TV speakers and the sound is fine now. Weird. I guess back to TV speakers for now.

Labolas

I'm pretty conflicted with the game. Ranked is okay, but it has the SFV ranking system which is blah, but online is functional. My main concern would be how big the playerbase is/going to be. Rn, Vampire Savior (the biggest playerbase game on the collection) has a handful of casuals and the rest are either pro players and fanatics that are relatively decent/good at the game (myself included).

SkylineRKR

I'm pretty conflicted with the game. Ranked is okay, but it has the SFV ranking system which is blah, but online is functional. My main concern would be how big the playerbase is/going to be. Rn, Vampire Savior (the biggest playerbase game on the collection) has a handful of casuals and the rest are either pro players and fanatics that are relatively decent/good at the game (myself included).

Yeah, I dunno if its crossplay but these games usually die quickly. I remember buying MvC collection, and it was dried up after a few weeks. Only a few hardcore who would perfect me with exploits were left.

Labolas

Yeah, I dunno if its crossplay but these games usually die quickly. I remember buying MvC collection, and it was dried up after a few weeks. Only a few hardcore who would perfect me with exploits were left.
Yeah it's been awhile since I played a collection like this. Last one I played was the MVC collection and I think there was more buzz and had a bigger playerbase around it than this. I know for sure Darkstalkers Resurrection had a bigger playerbase. And yeah I think this will dry up pretty fast as well.

Genx3

Has Capcom finally put 16X9 wide screen support in their classic fighting games??
Or is this still in 4X3 format??

I'd buy another collection only if they put in 16x9 screen support.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Omg that fucking sucks!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Has Capcom finally put 16X9 wide screen support in their classic fighting games??
Or is this still in 4X3 format??

I'd buy another collection only if they put in 16x9 screen support.
16:9 breaks the spacing/footsies in 2d fighting games if you don’t cut the top and bottom and then air play gets fucked. If you want it play SF collection that has SF alpha2 with native 16:9 support

Last edited:
giphy.webp

Top Bottom