• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom files a new trademark for ''Deep Down''

FelipeMGM

EDIT:

Scanned the thread and didn't see this posted.

Want to know why this was filed? It's boring.

The original mark was an intent-to-use application. Capcom only had a set amount of time to show the mark was actually being used (by publishing a game with that name, not just announcing it). They ran out of time. Now they have to file a new one and the old one will expire.

Basically, nothing to see here other than the fact that the game isn't cancelled.

EDIT: Just a reminder that they already have a trademark for the game that was registered in 2013 that is still valid, so I dont know why register a new one if they dont intend to use it

Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up

https://www.tmdn.org/tmview/get-detail?st13=US500000087330005

Its a new one, registered on February 9th

C4ydbCIWQAUBbGT.jpg

Is it time?

Is it a paid multiplat console game now? Is it a F2P Mobile game now?

Does this actually mean anything at this time?

Not a shitpost - just not sure what it actually means. They've just trademarked those two words together?

Jawmuncher

Does this actually mean anything at this time?

Not a shitpost - just not sure what it actually means. They've just trademarked those two words together?

I think it at least means it's being thought of still in some respects.
Wouldn't be surprised if the game comes out, but is in RE Engine now.

HYDE

Banned
They'd be dumb to cancel it, especially considering how well these types of games are being received right now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Filing new trademarks for an ip doesn't mean anything, right?

I have no expectations that deep down will ever happen but capcom still don't want someone else to take the name deep down for a game, that's the logic if I remember right.

Jawmuncher

It at least means they haven't given up on the idea.
But yeah you can make a new trademark and still do nothing with it.

Trago

If this game is still coming out, I think it'll go multiplatform.

Also Capcom probably gave up on the panty raid engine.

kennyamr

They may announce it for the PS5 instead.

Ahem,
I'm really interested. They may pull a Nioh out of that one. Who knows.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't see the point of Deep Down. When I saw the reveal trailer my first thought was "DRAGON'S DOGMA 2!!!", because it looked like DD. Why not just make DD2 instead of this new game that looks like DD but isn't DD but is still DD since they both have the initials DD.

It's just really, really weird.

Plus, DD seems to have some weird future aspect that I know I'm not gonna like since I've spent a considerable amount of time building up hate for such things from playing AC.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
An applicant may only request a total of five (5) extensions of time for one particular application. Capcom has done so with US Serial Number 86017623, Deep Down, and is likely the reason why they have filed this new application. I would expect the previous application to be abandoned shortly.

This scenario is similar to what has happened to the trademarks regarding Nintendo's Eternal Darkness IP.

I really don't see the point of Deep Down. When I saw the reveal trailer my first thought was "DRAGON'S DOGMA 2!!!", because it looked like DD. Why not just make DD2 instead of this new game that looks like DD but isn't DD but is still DD since they both have the initials DD.

It's just really, really weird.

Plus, DD seems to have some weird future aspect that I know I'm not gonna like since I've spent a considerable amount of time building up hate for such things from playing AC.
Hmm I'm not the biggest dragon dogmas fan I've played a lil and they look to play totally different

Sizzel

eh...wait for anything concrete, but consider it dead...if you think it is alive... pretend it is a f2p mutiplat mmorpg. If that concept still excites you...your bar is low (not a bad thing)enough that you will be fine either way. just don't invest in it until there is a reason.

The best thing I have ever done for my video gaming hobby has been to back off the gas pedal on hype. I wait for reviews, I don.t play them every day/ all the time anymore.. so I am not constantly starved for new games and consequently getting sucked into the more often than not disappointing hype cycle.

For the record, I hope Deep Down is a single player(with From multiplayer) massive RPG. I will take Witcher style with great story (not happening from capcaom) and serviceable combat. I don't think Cppcom has the chops to pull off a Nioh or Bloodborne, but who knows. That model of whatever story and focus on awesome combat and builds would also work.

eh...wait for anything concrete, but consider it dead...if you think it is alive... pretend it is a f2p mutiplat mmorpg. If that concept still excites you...your bar is low (not a bad thing)enough that you will be fine either way. just don't invest in it until there is a reason.

The best thing I have ever done for my video gaming hobby has been to back off the gas pedal on hype. I wait for reviews, I don.t play them every day/ all the time anymore.. so I am not constantly starved for new games and consequently getting sucked into the more often than not disappointing hype cycle.

For the record, I hope Deep Down is a single player(with From multiplayer) massive RPG. I will take Witcher style with great story (not happening from capcaom) and serviceable combat. I don't think Cppcom has the chops to pull off a Nioh or Bloodborne, but who knows. That model of whatever story and focus on awesome combat and builds would also work.

So people getting excited for a possible f2p multiplat mmorpg means their bar is low?

And you hope this game to be... Witcher style with great story? Maybe in that scenario it SHOULD be called Panty Raid.
Also, have you played Dragon's Dogma? Your post definitely doesn't read like it. It's ok to say Capcom, by the way.

FelipeMGM

Didn't they one time do a trademark for DMC that wasn't even related to a game?

yeah, but this is registered as a Class 009 trademark, which is for:

Computer game software; Computer games in the form of cartridges, cassettes, discs or tapes; Video game cartridges; Downloadable game software; Downloadable computer games; Electronic game programs for mobile phones and smart phones; Electronic game software for mobile phones and smart phones; Downloadable game program for playing on mobile phones and smart phones; Downloadable game software for playing on mobile phones and smart phones; Screen saver software and wallpaper software; Downloadable screen saver software and wallpaper software for mobile phones and smart phones; Downloadable graphics and music via a global computer network; Downloadable graphics, music and ring tones for mobile phones and smart phones

If it was for other purposes it would be registered as another class. For an example, if this was about Deep Down clothing it would be registered as a class 025 trademark

its basically the exact same trademakr they registered almost 4 years ago

Top Bottom