• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom files trademark for "Monster Hunter: World" in U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinonobu

Banned
so...the only place left for this is Sony's conference no? well the PC show is a possible, but nothing at MS & Nintendo just announced their Switch version of MH, so does Sony pull this out of their hat?

If it's not at Sony's conference we can safely assume that this is Western title for MHXX

Passose

Banned
what if Sony's big Japan announcement is that they bought out The Pokemon Company and the next Pokemon game is gonna be Ps4 exclusive

crinale

If and only if this rumor turns out to be true, then would it still be a "megaton" aside from Internet forums? I actually doubt that..

ggx2ac

If it's not at Sony's conference we can safely assume that this is Western title for MHXX

That would be hilarious, I remember someone mentioning why Monster Hunter: World hasn't been trademarked yet in Japan.

What if it turned out that Monster Hunter XX is Monster Hunter World in the west?

That would be funny but at this point I want to see what happens at the Sony conference.

joke post? XX literally was just announced for Switch.

Two quick and ports of old MT Framework games doesn't constitute good support in my eyes, Street Fighter was probably churned out in a couple of months and Double Cross cant have cost much, or used many resources.

Capcom not even dedicating resources to make sure stuff like the Disney Afternoon Collection and Mega Man Collection 2 are on Switch is indicative of what the execs think about the platform.

Just compare the support now to their 3DS support, where they dedicated two exclusive, bespoke Resident Evil games, E.X. Troopers, and Super Street Fighter IV 3D within the first year or two of Switch launching. Much higher investment.

Two quick and ports of old MT Framework games doesn't constitute good support in my eyes, Street Fighter was probably churned out in a couple of months and Double Cross cant have cost much, or used many resources.

Capcom not even dedicating resources to make sure stuff like the Disney Afternoon Collection and Mega Man Collection 2 are on Switch is indicative of what the execs think about the platform.

Just compare the support now to their 3DS support, where they dedicated two exclusive, bespoke Resident Evil games, E.X. Troopers, and Super Street Fighter IV 3D within the first year or two of Switch launching. Much higher investment.
lol wut? MHXXs sales potential is easily higher than those disney ports combined even in the west

also pretty shaky argument dismissing MHXX as a port and saying the disney collections are the epitome of capcom support

Joey Ravn

Banned

And what does not having MHXX say about what the execs think about every other platform then? Because you have to be delusional if you think that Disney Afternoon Collection and MMC2 are going to outsell MHXX.

If and only if this rumor turns out to be true, then would it still be a "megaton" aside from Internet forums? I actually doubt that..

If its monster hunter 5 its megaton. If its MHXX its expected. If its MH frontier its also within the realm of the usual. If its a weird western oriented souped up spin off its airus village level megaton

ggx2ac

That's what I am expecting.

There's a number of scenarios.

This is going off the basis that Monster Hunter World has been trademarked only in the US and that there's been no other Monster Hunter trademarks appearing.

1) Monster Hunter World is Monster Hunter XX for the west releasing on all platforms.

2) Monster Hunter World is Monster Hunter XX for the west releasing on Switch only.

3) Monster Hunter World is a new game releasing on PS4/Xbox/PC and the Switch gets Monster Hunter XX.

4) Monster Hunter World is a new game releasing on PS4/Xbox/PC and the Switch gets nothing, not even Monster Hunter XX for the west.

There's a number of scenarios.

This is going off the basis that Monster Hunter World has been trademarked only in the US and that there's been no other Monster Hunter trademarks appearing.

1) Monster Hunter World is Monster Hunter XX for the west releasing on all platforms.

2) Monster Hunter World is Monster Hunter XX for the west releasing on Switch only.

3) Monster Hunter World is a new game releasing on PS4/Xbox/PC and the Switch gets Monster Hunter XX.

4) Monster Hunter World is a new game releasing on PS4/Xbox/PC and the Switch gets nothing, not even Monster Hunter XX for the west.
5) Mh World is the name for the new frontier game which is teased on their website to be announced on july 5th 2017

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
A nicer looking MH, with open world approach and streamlined gameplay on PS4, alongside MHXX (more classical approach and on-the-go playability too) on my Switch would be a dream.

le.phat

This will be interesting. If the rumours are true and Sony copped back Monster hunter, then they're in an interesting position:

- If they change the formula too much, it might lose part of the soul that makes MH MH.
- If they change too little, then it's just another Monster hunter on console, something that Switch is already doing.

No idea what the deal is going to be, but people are going to go bananas over the outcome, regardless.

vaderise

This being Deep Down turned into a Monster Hunter game makes the most sense to me. They never actually cancelled Deep Down and Monster Hunter for PS4 is being rumored heavily these days. A mixture of Souls-Monster Hunter concept along with co-op based gameplay seems logical and perfect for west market.

yami4ct

it will be a relief for some people, but also a nightmare for some other people, but pretty sure the Media Creates thread will be exciting

It'll only be a 'nightmare' for people who don't like MonHun and want it to change into something unrecognizable. Excuse me if I don't value that opinion very much in this instance. They can continue to play games they enjoy, they don't have to force one of my favorite series to fit their own molds.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
What if:

Monster hunter world is just a MMO online (frontier team) releasing on pc/ps4/xbox/switch?

I hope it's not, and many hints point to it being something else
I'd die for a "BotW" approach to the MH world, especially with the "normal" gameplay still there in MHXX (hope for localization) and with MH Stories coming to EU in the Fall.
Can't have enuogh of MH goodies!!

crinale

I was just predicting a possible outcome, it's not like I'm having insider informations or anything :p

Well if you were Capcom MHF is the last thing you would think to localize.
I mean MHF is something for people who mastered mainline MH to the point they can beat missions blindfolded..

Capcom keeps track record of final boss being beaten and if that exceeds like 5% they officially announce the apology for making the season too easy. That's how MHF is being treated in Japan.
I think that is not a good candidate for Western localization :p

Lelou

I hope it's not, and many hints point to it being something else
I'd die for a "BotW" approach to the MH world, especially with the "normal" gameplay still there in MHXX (hope for localization) and with MH Stories coming to EU in the Fall.
Can't have enuogh of MH goodies!!

Well is not what i desire, just what i think.

I don't think that Capcom have enough people to manage to work on:

Monster hunter 5
Monster hunter XX port + localizations
Monster hunter stories localization
Monster hunter worlds

The Mh hunter teems never been so big on the past, i can't think they have enough people for all that.

Passose

Banned

Monster hunter 5
Monster hunter worlds

The Mh hunter teems never been so big on the past, i can't think they have enough people for all that.
Nintendo is doing both the localization and publishing of MH Stories though

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Monster hunter 5
Monster hunter worlds

I hope so!!!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Monster hunter 5
Monster hunter worlds

If it turns out World is a repurposed Deep Down it leaves the original MH team free to do stuff like MH5. I don't think the localization for MHXX would generate a huge workload from them since it's handled externally by 8-4.

Lelou

If it turns out World is a repurposed Deep Down it leaves the original MH team free to do stuff like MH5. I don't think the localization for MHXX would generate a huge workload from them since it's handled externally by 8-4.

I could agree with you, but usually the mh localization work took mh team 1 year to make it come to eu after the japanese release.
They need a lot of time, probably because the number of the staff they had/have.

I don't get why people still say that deep down could be change in mh.
People that want mh, already buy it and don't want the gameplay to change.
People that was interested in Deep down, probably will be not in mh because the big changes on the art style.

The only thing in common is a dragon in a trailer.

It seems to me that many people have a big immagination, or just want too much to make mh happen to a sony console again..

I could agree with you, but usually the mh localization work took mh team 1 year to make it come to eu after the japanese release.
They need a lot of time, probably because the number of the staff they had/have.

I don't get why people still say that deep down could be change in mh.
People that want mh, already buy it and don't want the gameplay to change.
People that was interested in Deep down, probably will be not in mh because the big changes on the art style.

The only thing in common is a dragon in a trailer.

It seems to me that many people have a big immagination, or just want too much to make mh happen to a sony console again..

It'll be happening later today. How the game ends up playing, we'll have to see.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

actually...the re-skinned/re-named Deep Down idea would make a lot of sense, looking at how the game completely desappeared

Oregano

You guys are thinking too hard about it.

It's a new mainline Monster Hunter skewing a bit more towards the west. It's probably by the main team.

Switch was never part of the equation.

If you know more than us, you could just share some information.
If you not, i don't get why you do that.

Well, it wasn't at the Microsoft conference, and it's coming to the Xbox One according to Matt. The only other conference it could logically be at is Sony's today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom