• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom files trademark for "Monster Hunter: World" in U.S

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already expected the worst, like a pachinko mobile game, so even if they announced a repackaged deepdown or just a western title of a port, then I probably wouldn't be disappointed.

i liked the setting of deep down which was a bit more standard fantasy and realistic... but the graphics were so much better than anything so far on ps4 so that would be exciting indeed.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I already expected the worst, like a pachinko mobile game, so even if they announced a repackaged deepdown or just a western title of a port, then I probably wouldn't be disappointed.

How would a "redone" Deep Down be disappointing?
I'd say that it would be freking great to se the resourgeance of that looker of a demo with a MH universe in it.

yami4ct

How would a "redone" Deep Down be disappointing?
I'd say that it would be freking great to se the resourgeance of that looker of a demo with a MH universe in it.

Because Deep Down was a weird action RPG who's combat looked nothing like MonHun at all? Like, unless they completely redid the whole combat engine than that game would have no right calling itself Monster Hunter.

Lelou

Because Deep Down was a weird action RPG who's combat looked nothing like MonHun at all? Like, unless they completely redid the whole combat engine than that game would have no right calling itself Monster Hunter.

To me, deep down was totally a reminiscence of DARK SOULS on the capcom way, gameplay and art wise

Well is not what i desire, just what i think.

I don't think that Capcom have enough people to manage to work on:

Monster hunter 5
Monster hunter XX port + localizations
Monster hunter stories localization
Monster hunter worlds

The Mh hunter teems never been so big on the past, i can't think they have enough people for all that.

If I'm not mistaken, MHX, MHXX and MH stories weren't developed by the main MH team. MH Stories was developed by Mavelous and MHX and MHXX were directed by Yasunori Ichinose while the director of the main serie, Kaname Fujioka, has gone missing since MH4U. What do you think he's working on?

If I'm not mistaken, MHX, MHXX and MH stories weren't developed by the main MH team. MH Stories was developed by Mavelous and MHX and MHXX were directed by Yasunori Ichinose while the director of the main serie, Kaname Fujioka, has gone missing since MH4U. What do you think he's working on?
MH5 on
the 3DS

Kyoufu

You guys are thinking too hard about it.

It's a new mainline Monster Hunter skewing a bit more towards the west. It's probably by the main team.

Switch was never part of the equation.

I just hope it's good and is successful enough to be a long running series on PS4/Xbox/PC.

Kyoufu

I hope it's good too but I'll be annoyed if it means no more portable games/more traditional formula or that those games become an afterthought. :/

No chance of that happening. Switch will carry the traditional formula for the next generation at least.

What can happen though is them implementing certain features (QoL improvements...voice acting?) from World into the Switch line.

Passose

Banned
I hope it's good too but I'll be annoyed if it means no more portable games/more traditional formula or that those games become an afterthought. :/
that's a good thing actually,as the Switch is selling tremendously without Monster Hunter, there will be someone replace Capcom and Monster Hunter as the main hunting game series on the console as soon as Capcom leaving the field, and this is not the same situation with the Vita btw

redcrayon

Why would they suddenly relegate their most reliably successful product line to an afterthought based on a hypothetical successful yet hugely expensive spin-off? Mario has had 2D,3D and Mario Kart running for donkeys years now, all it means is they have enough reason to push both types of games. Capcom need any successes they can get at the moment, no chance of them ditching classic Monster Hunter with its reliable customer base (that's gradually increasing in the west anyway) even if a hypothetical 'westernised' version is a runaway success.

yoonshik

Capcom files trademark for "Monster Hunter: World" in U.S and Europe

ScreenShot2017-06-12at16.15.18.png

EUIPO

It's definitely happening

please don't be a mobile game

Oregano

Why would that happen? This seems to be a move to add to the success on handheld, not replace it.

No chance of that happening. Switch will carry the traditional formula for the next generation at least.

What can happen though is them implementing certain features (QoL improvements...voice acting?) from World into the Switch line.

It all depends on the resources available. The portable/generations games have all heavily reused assets which won't be possible if the level design is fundamentally different, to a much greater extent than Tri and Portable 3rd.

Add the fact that Switch is a HD console too and the pressure of yearly releases and suddenly it becomes difficult to give those Ames the attention they deserve.

Kyoufu

It all depends on the resources available. The portable/generations games have all heavily reused assets which won't be possible if the level design is fundamentally different, to a much greater extent than Tri and Portable 3rd.

Add the fact that Switch is a HD console too and the pressure of yearly releases and suddenly it becomes difficult to give those Ames the attention they deserve.

The big factor in World influencing Switch versions will be reception. If World is received as something better than the traditional games then they'll look into ways of implementing those ideas on Switch.

xequalsy

The only thing I hope for is that if it does turn out to be multiplatform (PS4/XB1/NSW/PC whatever), is that crossplay is a thing. Somewhat worrying that with the whole Minecraft thing.

Though maybe it'll turn out to be just PS4 exclusive so this isn't a worry.

mas8705

This whole song and dance of some people thinking that MH is going to be on PS4 is starting to make me wonder if this is their "Pokemon Stars." Something to which they desperately cling to in spite of how it was never officially confirmed to begin with.

If anything else, we will definitely find out tomorrow if we are indeed getting MHXX, but to see anything tonight MH related? Really does seem like a far cry of expectations. Still, if we do see something out of the blue, you won't hear me complain about it.

Demoli

Not gonna lie not seeing it trademarked in japan yet makes me doubt its a new game, i'm tarting to think it is the MHXX western name rather than Generations Ultimate or Generations Generations.

sensi97

This whole song and dance of some people thinking that MH is going to be on PS4 is starting to make me wonder if this is their "Pokemon Stars." Something to which they desperately cling to in spite of how it was never officially confirmed to begin with.

If anything else, we will definitely find out tomorrow if we are indeed getting MHXX, but to see anything tonight MH related? Really does seem like a far cry of expectations. Still, if we do see something out of the blue, you won't hear me complain about it.

http://neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=240002209

Deep Down must of been a codename for Dragons Dogma 2 I mean come on D.D. Capcom made it pretty obvious.

Wether it was changed into MH or not remains to be seen.

And what does not having MHXX say about what the execs think about every other platform then? Because you have to be delusional if you think that Disney Afternoon Collection and MMC2 are going to outsell MHXX.

It's got nothing to do with sales, the fact is Capcom's two biggest - and only - Switch games are cheap ports. Both come from their most established IP (Street Fighter and Monster Hunter), but you can't deny that this is a big step down from how they supported 3DS out the gate.

The fact that they can't even be bothered to put some low budget compilations on Switch, which would be a good fit for the system, speaks volumes in my eyes.

Ridley327

It's got nothing to do with sales, the fact is Capcom's two biggest - and only - Switch games are cheap ports. Both come from their most established IP (Street Fighter and Monster Hunter), but you can't deny that this is a big step down from how they supported 3DS out the gate.

The fact that they can't even be bothered to put some low budget compilations on Switch, which would be a good fit for the system, speaks volumes in my eyes.

They supported 3DS out the gate with a cut down version of Street Fighter 4, what amounted to a ROM hack of a standalone Mercenaries mode from Resident Evil and an expanded version of a Wii game that was largely boosted by adding in content from a PSP game in MH3U. Yeah, there was Resident Evil: Revelations on the horizon, but to say that they came out with big budget games right from the jump isn't true at all.

I'm not even treating those as bad things, either. I'm just calling them for what they were.

Kinsei

Banned

Mainline MH should never have voice acting. I love the gibberish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom