• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CAPCOM files trademark for "ONIMUSHA" (Not Renew)

RyoonZ

Banned
Well, it's more of a Hail Mary. Essentially they don't think they'll have a chance in the future. The longer they wait, the smaller the market will be. It's the only explanation for some of the stuff we've seen lately that makes sense to me.

why the focus on ps platform though?

Tizoc

Funnily enough Capcom have at least 2 Oda Nobunagas
6ktB4if.jpg

8xp2hnE.jpg

Zolbrod

What I want: an HD collection (even more so than a new game)

What it's probably going to be: a Pachinko machine or Mobile game.

Tizoc

What I want: an HD collection (even more so than a new game)

What it's probably going to be: a Pachinko machine or Mobile game.

Enough with the pessimism; why not both? Let Japan have what works for them and us petty gaijins get dat HD Onimusha goodness.

Tizoc

Oh sure, both is fine!
I'm just worried it'll only be the latter...

I told you enough pessimism
We live in a post FF7 Remake+Last Guardian is coming+Shenmue 3 is happening world

JUST BE BLINDLY OPTIMISTIC AND EMBRACE THE INSANITY!

KissVibes

Banned
God this is sweet as fuck. Please be an HD collection. Please have a PC version. Please have Genma Onimusha and not regular Onimusha.

I have dreamed of a day when we get a new Onimusha game. I will shit my pants if we get one on the current gen consoles. I am looking forward to Ni-Oh because it looks like Onimusha a bit. This would probably be a FF7 level of announcement for me. Please oh god.. if you're listening.. make it happen, big guy.

I loved Ominusha 2-3 and Dawn of Souls. Never got around to playing the original. Will definitely buy them again if they re-release the original trilogy + Dawn of Souls.

Ive said so many times that my biggest wishes for this gen was to get either a new Onimusha, Tenchu or Legacy of Kain game. If I got all 3 I would die a very happy man.
Assuming they didnt suck.

Forgive me if this has been said, but for those interested, there has been no recent activity on Onimusha trademarks in the United States, but Capcom has the trademarks necessary for releasing Onimusha content through to 2025.

Wow, I hope this is a true Onimusha reboot. I loved Onimusha 2 as a kid but it kicked my ass and I never ended up finishing it.

Fantastic game though so come on Capcom!

I have dreamed of a day when we get a new Onimusha game. I will shit my pants if we get one on the current gen consoles. I am looking forward to Ni-Oh because it looks like Onimusha a bit. This would probably be a FF7 level of announcement for me. Please oh god.. if you're listening.. make it happen, big guy.

When the pachinko reality hits us, at least we will have Ni-oh to save us.
Is that game confirmed to release in the west yet?

Wow, I hope this is a true Onimusha reboot. I loved Onimusha 2 as a kid but it kicked my ass and I never ended up finishing it.

Fantastic game though so come on Capcom!

When the pachinko reality hits us, at least we will have Ni-oh to save us.
Is that game confirmed to release in the west yet?
I would also like to know this. Im not sure.

lupinko

Probably pachinko.

Besides Capcom probably can no longer afford the G likenesses of Takeshi Kaneshiro, the late Yusaku Matsuda, and of course Leon the Professional himself, Jean Reno.

Good thing Soki was a decent character because the pachinko scabs they use for the actors are awful.

Neonep

Capcom would have to complete the trifecta of SFV, DMC5, & RE7 (With DMC5 being a proper sequel and RE7 being a return to form) for any good to come of this.

Top Bottom