• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom FY 2014/2015 Results: MH4U 3.4 million, RE Revelations 2 1.1 million

Bruno MB

Financial Results for the Fiscal Year Ended March 31, 2015
Decreased in Net Sales by 37.1%, Increased by 2.7% in Operating Income from the Previous year

- Profitability improved to 16.5% through the efficient development infrastructure -

Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that net sales decreased to 64,277 million yen (down 37.1 % from the previous year). As for profit, operating income increased to 10,582 million yen (up 2.7 % from the previous year), and ordinary income increased to 10,851 million yen (down 0.9 % from the previous year). Net income for the current period was raised to 6,616 million yen (up 92.1% from the previous year).

During the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015, in the Digital Contents business sales of the special feature title "Monster Hunter 4G" (including "Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate") were largely in line with the plan and "Resident Evil Revelations 2" which is sold in an ingenious manner (separate digital download sales of each episode followed by package sales) has also made a strong start to be a million seller. Additionally, a steady increase in the sales volume of digital download sales of repeat titles contributed to profits due to their high profitability. However, net sales in Digital Contents business decreased due in part to lack of major titles in mobile contents combined with the downturn in big title released in the previous year. Moreover, in Amusement Equipments business the product lineup lacked variety to some extent due to the delay in the introduction of a new model caused by the revision in pachislo model certification method by the Security Communications Association. As a result, the resulting net sales were 37.1% down from the previous fiscal year.

On the other hand, as profitability operating income was 2.7% up from the previous fiscal year because the Company endeavored to improve its profits by reducing the cost of sales and cutting back on general and administrative expenses, as well as improvement in the increase download sales and efficient development infrastructure in the Consumer.

As for future outlook, Capcom will aim to expand revenue by, among others, launching major titles and strengthening digital download sales and also work to develop a corporate structure that can secure stable profit through the increase in internal production rate and business efficiency improvement. As for the forecast for the next fiscal year ending March 31, 2016, we expect 76,000 million yen in net sales and 12,000 million yen in operating income.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e150507b.html

QsVsqGg.jpg

rFU1oRL.jpg

h8Snq8W.jpg

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2014/full/explanation_2014_full_01.pdf
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2014/full/explanation_2014_full_02.pdf

Edit:

Their prior plan:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2014/2nd/explanation_2014_2nd_01.pdf

capcomplan2by2u.png

ezekial45

Banned
Sweet! I'm very happy to see that RE Revelations 2 sold over a million. It was a great title that totally exceeded my expectations.

ezekial45

Banned
Also! The Dragon's Dogma titles (vanilla and Dark Arisen) sold over 2.2 million.

Not bad, I suppose. I wish it did way better, though. That game deserved more.

ezekial45

Banned
Nothing about DMC? Did DmC DE not do well?

They probably don't want to talk about it yet because this report only shows everything from March 31 2015, and DmC DE was only out for a couple weeks by then.

EDIT: But! The Devil May Cry franchise as a whole sold over 14 millions copies. So that's cool.

Beth Cyra

I expected more for Revelations 2. That seems quite low for a well-received RE title. Maybe the episodic approach didn't work out quite so well.

Fiscal year, yes.
Well received is questionable.

Granted alot of Gaf loved it but the meta critic doesn't show overwhelming praise and you can find alot of disenting opinions overall for the titel.

I expected more for Revelations 2. That seems quite low for a well-received RE title. Maybe the episodic approach didn't work out quite so well.

It met their projected 1m sales and was obviously made on a really low budget. I'd say it was probably a success.

I-hate-u

They probably don't want to talk about it yet because this report only shows everything from March 31 2015, and DmC DE was only out for a couple weeks by then.

EDIT: But! The Devil May Cry franchise as a whole sold over 14 millions copies. So that's cool.

Not bad.

Let's hear it. Who thinks SFV can break 2M? I think it shouldn't have any problem, but who knows.

FGC will be all over it.

Then the 3.4 million might be NA and JP only, since the game sold over 2.5 million in Japan. Shipments to Japan would be higher.

EDIT - Wait, they have Europe listed too.
This is weird.
The Japanese shipment has to be higher than 2.4 million.
Or Famitsu is worst tracker again.

Dengeki has it over 2.5 million at the same time period too (and so does Media Create)

so yeah, this is weird

edit: given the date, maybe they just hit a million shipments in the west later

Neff

It met their projected 1m sales and was obviously made on a really low budget. I'd say it was probably a success.

Oh I'm sure they consider it a success, but it seems low compared to the fact that Operation Raccoon City, a game pretty much universally loathed, sold much more in less time.

Bruno MB

Then the 3.4 million might be NA and JP only, since the game sold over 2.5 million in Japan. Shipments to Japan would be higher.

2.7 million in Japan as of December 31, 2014. The announcement of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate shipping over 1 million units in the West was on April 14, 2015. This 3.4 million worldwide figure is as of March 31, 2015.

December 31, 2014 - 2.7 million (Japan only)
March 31, 2015 - 3.4 million (JP 2.7M - US/EU 0.7M)
April 14, 2015 - 3.7 million (JP 2.7M - US/EU 1M)

These are rounded figures and assuming that it didn't get a new shipment in Japan.

There is a big problem here... annual shipment for Europe... 300K ?! Versus 1.2 million for US and 4.3 million for Japan.

Would that mean that Street Fighter V would be out before april 2016 in US, but not in Europe ?

821491cap.jpg

Jessmo111

Banned
2.7 million in Japan as of December 31, 2014. The announcement of Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate shipping over 1 million units in the West was on April 14, 2015. This 3.4 million worldwide figure is as of March 31, 2015.

December 31, 2014 - 2.7 million (Japan only)
March 31, 2015 - 3.4 million (JP 2.7M - US/EU 0.7M)
April 14, 2015 - 3.7 million (JP 2.7M - US/EU 1M)

These are rounded figures and assuming that it didn't get a new shipment in Japan.

So is this a breakout year for MH in the west? Is this the 1st mill selling MH game? This begs the question of why MH3 Ddidnt sell a mill. Knowing Capcom brace your self for Monster hunter space Marine edition. exclusively on XBONE.

Let's hear it. Who thinks SFV can break 2M? I think it shouldn't have any problem, but who knows.

I will be surprised if it breaks 2 mil. Too much hate from casual crowd due to capcom's on disk DLC and no story mode like MK. Casuals are not interested in straight up FGs like SF. Day 1 for me ofcourse. SFIV is my top 5 games of all time.

Sandfox

I really don't understand how popular SF is outside of the fgc and the multiple releases make it hard to tell.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Fiscal 2015 for SF5? So I guess early 2016 release

Bruno MB

Capcom updated million sellers list:

Resident Evil 5 - 6,800,000 (+100,000)
Resident Evil 6 - 6,200,000 (+100,000)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 3,400,000 (+700,000)
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G - 2,600,000 (+100,000)
Resident Evil Revelations - 1,400,000 (+100,000)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 1,100,000 (NEW)

Capcom updated million sellers list:

Resident Evil 5 - 6,800,000 (+100,000)
Resident Evil 6 - 6,200,000 (+100,000)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 3,400,000 (+700,000)
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G - 2,600,000 (+100,000)
Resident Evil Revelations - 1,400,000 (+100,000)
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 1,300,000 (NEW)
Whoa!

Revelations 2 already selling better than 1. After the release of the Vita version, it might even surpass that and I suspect the LTD can easily go over >2 million when all is said and done.

Glad to see that Rev 2 sold well for them. I wanna see more big publishers make mid-level downloadable games as a way to make cash, assuming they put as much care into them as Capcom did with this title

kunonabi

Fiscal year, yes.

Had the first game not been such ass I might have given it a shot. I just find it hard to throw any money at RE these days. REmake HD would have seemed like a good sure thing but the lackluster adjustments/extras, questionable visual changes and lack of a Wii U version weren't enough for me to quadruple dip on it.

Just release Mega Man XX. That's all I ask of you capcom.

And a new breath of fire

And a final fight with guy

But yea

After capcom answers my demands

OT: looks good. What's this about SFV?

There is a new Breath of Fire. It is called Breath of Fire 6.

The catch is that it's a mobile game. >_>

Anyway, regarding the "Title related to Monster Hunter", I'm assuming it's the Felynes?

Capcpom doing okay for themselves with their smaller release schedules.

Much better than just quitting the gaming industry and burning every bridge and ship behind them like Konami anyways.

Much better than just quitting the gaming industry and burning every bridge and ship behind them like Konami anyways.

Konami is run by vindictive asshats. Capcom seems to be run by people who don't seem to have a clue what they are doing half the time.

It is a pretty big difference.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Konami didn't quite the game industry. They switched to making hit mobile titles instead.

Top Bottom