• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom going BIG at San Diego Comic-Con 2008!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
So who is attending San Diego Comic-Con this year? Besides me? ;)

See you there GAF! *shoryuken motion* !!!!!!!!!!

CAPCOM COMIC CON SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

HIGHLIGHTS:

Leading video game publisher, Capcom, proudly presents one of the biggest booths at San Diego Comic Con this year with over 1800 sq. ft. of interactive displays, exclusive merchandise, gaming tournaments, celebrity appearances, and special events that are sure to thrill their diehard fans in the massive Comic Con crowds.

Foremost is the full-size, 20'x20' boxing ring that holds ten Street Fighter IV arcade units from Japan. Comic con fans will be among the first gamers outside of Japan to play this much anticipated sequel to the best-selling fighting game franchise of all time as it celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.

Meet Capcom's product managers, developers, and staff daily as they share with you all that Capcom has to offer!

The Games!

Be the first to play advance demos of the hottest new Capcom games coming out in the remainder of 2008 into 2009 including:

Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Dark Void
MotoGP 08
Mega Man 9
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Neopets
Flock!
Plunder
Capcom Mobile games

Exclusive trailers:
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Degeneration CG movie
SF IV CG animated mini-movie trailers

- plus, some surprise game demo and trailers!

Appearances:
- Yoshinoro Ono, David Crislip
- Ben Judd
- Andy Diggle
- Kristen Kreuk
- Justin Marks (SF movie, BC comic book)
- Top comic book artists that contributed pieces to Udon's Street Fighter Tribute Book including Adam Hughes, J. Scott Campbell, Mark Brooks, and more!
- Mega Man
- Bionic Commando or be a lucky fan to wear the BC arm yourself!

Events:
SF IV Tournaments every morning at 11am, register early as soon as the show starts to get a berth to compete.

SFIV Tournaments at 3pm on FRI, SAT and SUN afternoons.

Grand Tournament at 3pm on SUN

Prize: Exclusive limited edition SFIV Chun-Li action figure

Daily "Making of SFIV" presentation by Ono-san

Calling ALL SF cosplayers! SF Cosplay parade and contest on Friday at 2:30pm - winner personally chosen by Ono-san. Prize = Chun-Li statue

Panels:
THU 7/24, 3:15-4:15, Room 6 CDEF
The Making of Street Fighter IV featuring Ono-san, Crislip.

FRI 7/25, 2-3pm, Room 2
Capcom Presents: How to Get a Job in the Video Game Industry with Capcom insiders as well as industry vets.

SAT 7/26, 6-7pm, Room 2
The Making of Bionic Commando and Bionic Commando: Rearmed featuring Ben Judd, Andy Diggle, Justin Marks, and meet the BC himself!

Capcom Store:
Top-quality Capcom games and gear
Incredible bargains > grab bags and surprises
Exclusive Capcom Comic Con tshirt > limited!

Exclusive items:
- Limited Edition SFIV Chun-Li statue by SOTA Toys, supervised by Ono-san himself, limited to just 700 units made > 400 for sale ($100) at CC, rest for promotional use.

** Also 3000 mini statuettes for sale ($10).

- Street Fighter Tribute Book: Featuring over 300 pages of original SF art celebrating the 20 year legend of the franchise featuring artwork by top names in the comic book industry including: Adam Hughes, J. Scott Campbell, Mark Brooks and more. Limited editions printed and only available at CC or Udon booth.

- Limited prints of Street Fighter Tribute Book artwork signed by artists for sale as Capcom booth

Sneak Peeks : at upcoming Capcom licensed products including:

Prototypes of BC and SFIV action figures by NECA

Cool Giveaways when you Demo Capcom Games:
Exclusive SFIV Ryu headband
SFIV poster
Bionic Commando poster
Dark Void frisbee flyer
Capcom lanyards
Capcom mints
Capcom character tattoos

For more information: http://capcom-unity.com

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
g35twinturbo said:
:lol

I want to try and make it but man SD is hella far from Santa Monica.

Dude 2 hour drive is nothing! I did that drive 3 days in a row last week for Anime Expo!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
MarkMan said:
Dude 2 hour drive is nothing! I did that drive 3 days in a row last week for Anime Expo!

Really? LOL I always thought it was like 4 hours from what people said ::lol

I never been to SD, hmm the only days open are Thursday and Sunday......

careksims

Damn I'm definitely going to be there since I'm sitting at some booth. I'll try to get one of those Chun-Li statues. :D

kuYuri

Damn, I want that Street Fighter Tribute book. It would be cool if Capcom did something like this for NYCC. :lol

MiamiWesker said:
Apparently it will fill us in on what happend between RE:CV and RE4. Or was it RE4 to RE5. Its filling some gap.
I'm hoping it finally ties up the loose ends with Spencer, or at least introduces him.

g35twinturbo said:

Really? 2 hour drive is really nothing. Especially for something as fun as this. Hopefully something from the Ace Attorney series comes up.

dr3upmushroom said:
Really? 2 hour drive is really nothing. Especially for something as fun as this. Hopefully something from the Ace Attorney series comes up.

Seriously. I'm driving all the way from Riverside,CA for fucks sake.

Okay, do we know yet if 'Flock!' is the games name or if it's a code-name? I'm desperately hoping for Dead Rising 2, but the fact the listing isn't 'a yet to be revealed project' or 'Project Flock' or something like that doesn't give me a lot of hope.

OnPoint

My trip to Comic-Con just gained that much more significance.

I am fucking PUMPED.

dr3upmushroom said:

2 hours? That's nothing. I'm flying in from Buffalo.

g35twinturbo said:

Do yourself a favor, and take the Metro bus 720 or 920 from Santa Monica just about anywhere on Wilshire Blvd to a Metrorail Red line station on Wilshire/Western, then take the rail east to Union Station, then take Amtrak to San Diego. Amtrak is the best way to go from LA to SD on Comic-con weekend.

When you get to SD Amtrak station, you can take their L train right to the SD convention center. Very convenient and quick.

IIRC, the trip should cost you under $50 one way. Slightly more than driving, but trust me, you don't want to be stuck in that 405 gridlock during Comic-con weekend.

edit: The Amtrak service from LA to SD is called Pacific Surfliner, and if you book it online at least a few days in advance, it's only $35 each way! I think it might be cheaper than driving account for being stuck in traffic jam!

The Union Station in LA downtown is coded "LAX" and the San Diego station near convention center is coded "SAN" at Amtrak's site. Please please PLEASE take this instead of driving guys. Seriously. That drive sucks that weekend.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Good luck for everyone trying to go, I suggest going Thursday or Sunday as they are the least busy days...

Friday and Saturday are already sold out.

If anyone is interested I'll be running an open gaming room in Mezzanine level 17B and will have all kinds of fighting games being played there.

Also some exclusive playables such as BlazBlue and a few more...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Shogmaster said:
Do yourself a favor, and take the Metro bus 720 or 920 from Santa Monica just about anywhere on Wilshire Blvd to a Metrorail Red line station on Wilshire/Western, then take the rail east to Union Station, then take Amtrak to San Diego. Amtrak is the best way to go from LA to SD on Comic-con weekend.

When you get to SD Amtrak station, you can take their L train right to the SD convention center. Very convenient and quick.

IIRC, the trip should cost you under $50 one way. Slightly more than driving, but trust me, you don't want to be stuck in that 405 gridlock during Comic-con weekend.

edit: The Amtrak service from LA to SD is called Pacific Surfliner, and if you book it online at least a few days in advance, it's only $35 each way! I think it might be cheaper than driving account for being stuck in traffic jam!

The Union Station in LA downtown is coded "LAX" and the San Diego station near convention center is coded "SAN" at Amtrak's site. Please please PLEASE take this instead of driving guys. Seriously. That drive sucks that weekend.

this is actually not a bad idea, I love driving but hate traffic :(

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Microsoft is Bringing it Home for Comic-Con.

Hopefully this surprise demo, RE5 trailer, SFIV trailer,
and for the love of GOD, bring out Bionic Commando Rearmed and SFHDRemix
, etc. to the MP. :D

Last year my GF and I had no idea tickets could sell out because I have never run into that problem before at Con. We ended up spending 30 minutes asking people on the street if they wanted to sell their badges. We got lucky, running into a couple who were leaving early and gave them to us for half price.

This year, you can only buy tickets online.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Brandon F said:
IS THERE NO LOST PLANET MOVIE DISCUSSION?????

It would be so awesome of this was a bait and switch for their Lost Planet Movie discussion day.

Top Bottom