• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has submitted trademarks for Breath of Fire, Vampire (Darkstalkers), Dino Crisis, Power Stone, Bionic Commando, and Tech Romancer

@gkTH

Jun 22, 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
OK fine, Capcom.
After RE3 Remake, please do RE8 first and then Dino Crisis.
It's kind of nostalgia feeling and I'm sure the sales could not be your problem.

EDMIX

Apr 5, 2018
South Florida aka Outer Haven
OK fine, Capcom.
After RE3 Remake, please do RE8 first and then Dino Crisis.
It's kind of nostalgia feeling and I'm sure the sales could not be your problem.
Or both at once. For all you know the team remaking RE3 already started on Dino Crisis and the team that did RE7 that is likely doing RE8 didn't work on RE2 or 3 remake, thats a different team.

• Love
Reactions: @gkTH

JAMMA

Neo Member
Jan 5, 2020
This is nothing new companies reup trademarks all the time so they do not lose them,
They seem to have online interactions & it’s a very very specific set of hardcore high demand popular & cult games. It’s a cherry picked list without a doubt. I believe there’s going to be a lot of games coming to the digital stores or possibly some physical collections.

sol_bad

Jan 17, 2006
I've bought the MegaMan collections, I've bought the beat'em Up collection, I'll buy the Street Fighter colection soon.
Please keep them coming Capcom!!!

Chromata

Formerly 'XVision84'
Jul 11, 2019
Tech Romancer sounds like the kind of game I'd see browsing the dark parts of steam where the main character is an optimistic/naive person surrounded by computers making seductive beeping noises.

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've seen on there tbh.

JAMMA

Neo Member
Jan 5, 2020
Tech Romancer sounds like the kind of game I'd see browsing the dark parts of steam where the main character is an optimistic/naive person surrounded by computers making seductive beeping noises.

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've seen on there tbh.
Tech Romancer was an awesome game!

Reactions: Chromata

I_D

Formerly 'Immortal_Daemon'
Dec 22, 2007
It's probably just a re-upping of trademarks, and I doubt anything will happen of most of it.

But hot damn, a new Dino Crisis game on the RE engine would be fantastic.

JAMMA

Neo Member
Jan 5, 2020
Breath of Fire was still Squaresoft and the superior product..... I guess we're talking BoF2 and on?

It was developed by Capcom, it was just published by Square. No different than Fighting Street was developed by Capcom but published by Hudson Soft. Publishers literally mean nothing relevant.

Hinedorf

Feb 3, 2017
San Diego, CA
It was developed by Capcom, it was just published by Square. No different than Fighting Street was developed by Capcom but published by Hudson Soft. Publishers literally mean nothing relevant.
I don't doubt you one bit but I will say there are significant differences about the 2 games where BoF FEELS like a Squaresoft game and every iteration of BoF thereafter feels very much like a Capcom game. From 1 to 2 it's only the same game because of the title.

memphisba

Dec 16, 2013
Powerstone collection will be good. Please remaster it. currently replayng it on my vita and its still fun as well.

always prefer weapon based battle games than power based