• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom has submitted trademarks for Breath of Fire, Vampire (Darkstalkers), Dino Crisis, Power Stone, Bionic Commando, and Tech Romancer

Pejo

3c8.jpg

I realize it's just to keep trademarks, but damn if those wouldn't be some high-end announcements for me personally.

KàIRóS

Well fuck, Capcom has been teasing us like this since last year, they better make at least some remasters happen at this rate.

Paltheos

Now is a good time for a new Breath of fire. Make it with a AA budget on the switch. I bet it would sell.

I'd like it but I just don't know if Capcom's in the market anymore. It's been 17 years since Dragon Quarter and almost 20 since the more traditional IV. They used the brand for a quick mobile cash-in. I think it's dead.

I sometimes joke to my friend who's a big Dino Crisis fan that odds are better for him. At least that genre's still popular. (although ironically that title's on this list too so oh well)

Gargus

Banned
I'd like a breath of fire collection, and a dino crisis remake please.

But at the end of the day this doesn't mean shit. But, there is always the hope this generates enough buzz if it's brought up enough they might realize there is money to be made. As gamers we could get any game anyway we want if the owners of said game think they can turn a profit.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
So they renewed a load of their licenses to keep ownership of the IPs. Okay, cool. Out of all of those I'd say the only one that *might* have a chance of actually being a new game is Dino Crisis based purely off the success of the RE remakes.

And even then, that's a stretch; The Dino Crisis games weren't no RE2 or RE franchise in terms of sales. If they did remake it it would purely be to please a vocal minority.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
So they renewed a load of their licenses to keep ownership of the IPs. Okay, cool. Out of all of those I'd say the only one that *might* have a chance of actually being a new game is Dino Crisis based purely off the success of the RE remakes.

And even then, that's a stretch; The Dino Crisis games weren't no RE2 or RE franchise in terms of sales. If they did remake it it would purely be to please a vocal minority.

Do you guys actually know how much copy did resident evil 2 made?

Didnt even passed 3 million

If everyone here keep branding everything as vocal minority game we l only be getting fifa madden cod left to play

who cares about sales

If capcom cares about the fans of the series its all that matter to me

Last edited:

Caffeine

most of those were not trademarks that required renewal though. seems like some might be in a collection. some might be used for merch, maybe a revival.

Aggelos

Even Cory Balrog (God of War Creative Director) is such a sucker for Dino Crisis

Even if they showed some sort of acknowledgement that this franchise is a possibility for revival when Jawmuncher (a long-lasting champion/proponent of the Dino Crisis series) asked Capcom Development Division 1 about the possibility of seeing a new Dino Crisis back in December 2017, it's hard to predict the required shenanigans that must occur within Capcom Japan that will lead to a Dino project being green-lit......

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Expect a lazy compilation over the next 3 years

Geki-D

Banned
Do you guys actually know how much copy did resident evil 2 made?

Didnt even passed 3 million

If everyone here keep branding everything as vocal minority game we l only be getting fifa madden cod left to play

who cares about sales

If capcom cares about the fans of the series its all that matter to me
What? The original RE2 sold 4.96 million and the remake just made 5 million.

Dino Crisis ?: 2.4 million and DC2 sold 1.2 million. The third game doesn't even rate meaning it sold less than a million. So classic RE2 sold more than the whole of the Dino Crisis franchise...

H4ze

I wait for the day, when I get up, check my phone and the news and see that we will get a new Dino Crisis

one can only hope..

Aggelos

Man... everything hits the fan like wildfire.
A tiny trifle that might mean anything, hits the fan and....

Wish Capcom was as interesting and refreshing as they used to be. There was a time when all these franchises were new. Yes, the remakes, re-releases, and continuations of certain franchises are OK, but how about something new? Oh wait, it is 2019, a time when the industry at large is playing it safe.

Top Bottom