• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom is looking to revive more dormant IPs, MvC series has shipped 7M units

Itsuno is still at Capcom. Just because they lost Neo_G isn't a dealbreaker. Technically he had little if anything to do with DMC3.

Don't get me wrong, he's a big loss, but not the end of the series. Platinum should continue to do what Platinum does.
Seriously can we die down this PG make DMC5 nonsense? Neo G isn't the driver behind the series at all..

Sesha

Onimusha isn't dormant by these standards either though because Onimusha Souls is actually quite successful.

Onimusha Souls is a spin-off that came out in 2012 and the only series entry since 2006, and the mobile version had its servers shut down last year, so it's a bit different. But I'll concede on that point, since you're not wrong. I guess what I awkwardly wanted to say was, I doubt Onimusha has a new mainline title in full production, which I think DMC does.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Onimusha Souls is a spin-off that came out in 2012 and the only series entry since 2006, and the mobile version had its servers shut down last year, so it's a bit different. But I'll concede on that point, since you're not wrong. But Onimusha likely doesn't have a new mainline title in development, which I think DMC does, which is what I awkwardly wanted to express.

For context though, they're counting Marvel vs. Capcom as one of them, which to me suggests they're actually just thinking of the games they have in development right now which haven't had a major release in 4-5+ years (by the time they come out).

Capcom should make a "Smash Bros" mash up of Onimusha, Dino Crisis and old Resident Evil. Make the ultimate throw back Survival horror\Action game.

Rymuth

Captain Commando + Platinum would turn out real well and earn them some gamer cred.

Power Stone can be re-worked into some MOBA-hybrid for that sweet loot crate money.

Sesha

For context though, they're counting Marvel vs. Capcom as one of them, which to me suggests they're actually just thinking of the games they have in development right now which haven't had a major release in 4-5+ years (by the time they come out).

Ah, I didn't think of it that way. Then yeah, you're absolutely right. Anyway, DMC, choo choo!

Wow 7 million is really low. I expected more from one of the greats.

Why? First mvc game port on psx was ass and other ports were either limited or on soon to be dead consoles. Digital ports recently cater to the crowds that played the game hardcore back in the day when u could even find the game at a local arcade.

Klart

CAPCOM please revive

Captain Commando
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs
The Punisher
Alien vs. Predator
Armored Warriors
Battle Circuit
Warriors of Fate
Final Fight

latest

WE BACK!!!

The only thing I'm worried about is how they would revive the x series.

I mean x8 is fun and all but they can do better. Maybe a legends type open world thing where you go around doing missions or a game where x is the one labeled the maverick and has to fight the maverick hunters themselves/team up with some mavericks temporarily.

Not sure if wacky bosses like Bamboo Pandamonium or Burn rooster will cut it anymore. Or on rail stages.

Jawmuncher

Dino Crisis should come out in june 2018, right when Jurassic World 2 launches.

Would be perfect. Summer is usually quiet for games, and two big things related to dinosaurs would be eaten up. Since last time there was nothing to go alongside the film aside the mobile games, and the official game seems to have been scrapped, maybe.

Sesha

I wonder, going by RE7, Dead Rising 4, and MvC:I, if DMC5 could be a soft-reboot. They already went in reboot territory with DmC, but I wonder if Capcom would want DMC5 to be a jumping on-point for new fans.

BadWolf

I wonder, going by RE7, Dead Rising 4, and MvC:I, if DMC5 could be a soft-reboot.

Well they would have to 'modernize' it either way, they aren't going to impress many people if it looks too similar to DMC4/DMC3.

The hardcore would be in either way but to reach a wider audience they will need to update the formula (in a good way, not like Dmc).

kewlmyc

Dino Crisis that plays like Resident Evil 6 please.

Say what you want about RE6, but its gameplay was fantastic.

Sephzilla

I wonder, going by RE7, Dead Rising 4, and MvC:I, if DMC5 could be a soft-reboot. They already went in reboot territory with DmC, but I wonder if Capcom would want DMC5 to be a jumping on-point for new fans.

I don't think Devil May Cry would need a "soft reboot", it just needs to cut the Sparda bullshit and move forward. Introduce some new villains and set up some new stories. Sparda and the general over reliance on "the past" is stuff that's held DMC back

Gemeanie

I know some people have been wishing for Rival Schools characters in SFV, but I really wish to see Itsuno work on a new RS, not to mention he's dying to make one as well

Kremzeek

I would love a return to

Onimusha
Viewtiful Joe
Okami

My fear though is probably everyone involved who originally made those games great are no longer with Capcom :(

Sesha

I don't think Devil May Cry would need a "soft reboot", it just needs to cut the Sparda bullshit and move forward. Introduce some new villains and set up some new stories. Sparda and the general over reliance on "the past" is stuff that's held DMC back

What I meant by soft-reboot is, think of the .1 issues comics often do or stuff like Marvel NOW. Or movies like The Force Awakens. Something new fans can easily jump on.

BadWolf

I know some people have been wishing for Rival Schools characters in SFV, but I really wish to see Itsuno work on a new RS, not to mention he's dying to make one as well

Plugging them into SFV would actually be a great way to shine some light on RS and its characters.

It has been forever since the IP or its characters have received exposure in any serious way.

Plugging them into SFV would actually be a great way to shine some light on RS and it's characters.

It has been forever since the IP or it's characters have received exposure in any serious way.

I'd actually really like to see Batsu in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (brought over from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom). He'd fit in pretty nicely now that the game has gone back to a 2v2 format.

giphy.gif

DJwest

Meaty story mode huh? Didn't they say the same thing when hyping MvC3 ? Hope that we really get something like SF5.

Top Bottom