• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom mocap dudes: Ken Lally and Reuben Langdon seen doing mocap

Xpliskin

Saw this in my twitter feed:

YEKgS22.png

Ken Lally was wesker's actor, everyone knows who langdon is.

They're bringing wesker in a movie or game back ?

**********UPDATE:

Tweet deleted.

nynt9

I don't know who Reuben Langdon is, and a quick google search didn't reveal to me which character he plays in a RE game, so can you please explain?

Edit: Chris Redfield? Dave Johnson?

Linkyn

Scratch that. I didn't know he also did Chris.

Edit: Neither movie nor game would really surprise me at this point.

Xpliskin

I don't know who Reuben Langdon is, and a quick google search didn't reveal to me which character he plays in a RE game, so can you please explain?

Reuben Langdon is Dante (DMC 3/4, MvC3), Chris Redfield (RE6 & RE5, Code Veronica) and Ken Masters (SF4).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Is that plot thread about Alex Wesker finally going to go somewhere?

Xpliskin

So what your saying is, we're getting a crossover game. Sounds great!

Yeah, except both dante and wesker appear in MvC3 and the tweet was tagged with #ResidentEvil :)

Unless Ken returns in MvC4.
Hint: They're both holding handguns, which is what RE characters do in most RE cutscenes.

KoopaTheCasual

Please god, give the story a reboot. I've never seen a piece of melodramatic video game work take itself so seriously the entire way through. This franchise should Zelda it up, and have each mainline be self-contained stories with similar characters, for the most part.

It would help prevent the convoluted nonsense we ended up getting.

Can we ditch Chris already and bring back Barry along with the RE females in lead roles? I'm so bored of Chris and Leon in the main games.

kuYuri

It could be a reboot or it could be a flashback scene if this is for a new game. Capcom has been very quiet on their lately since Dead Rising 3 and Deep Down, they gotta have something else that's big cooking up.

Xpliskin

Out of all the rumors, this tweet is the most tangible proof we have at any hint of what's next for RE.

If wesker's coming back, has to be a reboot of some sort.

nynt9

I liked RE6. RE7 should build upon what they had there and make it a bit more polished. I think there's potential there. No reboot please.

joe2187

Banned
No reboot please.

At this point, what more can possibly be done in the series? they've already used the Bio-weapons on a global scale. They've already blown up china, europe is nearly infested with zombies, ganados and other B.O.Ws, Leon shot the president in the face and fucked up all of washington.

The only thing I can see happening is if they go full on Apocolypse mode for the next.

And a 40 minute QTE of Ada and Leon finally having sex.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
To expand on the reference I made before, there is a clone of Wesker (or something close to a clone) that has access to all of Spencer's research running around, so the Wesker doesn't have to show up for a Wesker to appear in the next game.

Xpliskin

To expand on the reference I made before, there is a clone of Wesker (or something close to a clone) that has access to all of Spencer's research running around, so the Wesker doesn't have to show up for a Wesker to appear in the next game.

Yes that's a very good lead, Alex wesker.

Seeing DC Douglas outright deny having any involvement with RE7.

They could recast the motion actor but because it's not a "real" wesker they don't need to recast douglas for his voice.

Riposte

Doesn't sound like he is a clone, let alone an exact one.

Worth noting that he is tweeting Wesker's VA, DC Douglas.

They've already blown up china, europe is nearly infested with zombies, ganados and other B.O.Ws, Leon shot the president in the face and fucked up all of washington.

I'm pretty sure none of this is the case, outside Leon shooting an already dead president in the face.

At this point, what more can possibly be done in the series? they've already used the Bio-weapons on a global scale. They've already blown up china, europe is nearly infested with zombies, ganados and other B.O.Ws, Leon shot the president in the face and fucked up all of washington.

The only thing I can see happening is if they go full on Apocolypse mode for the next.

And a 40 minute QTE of Ada and Leon finally having sex.

Funny you should mention full apocalypse. That's how the last RE movie ended and there was a vague suggestion the next game might be a movie tie in of some sort...

Wesker was also president in the last RE movie if I recall correctly.

Manu

Capcom can't pull the reboot you want, not 2014 Capcom. We'll end up getting a game that fails at being a classic return to form, disappointing everyone who wanted a reboot, while simultaneously pissing off everyone who follows the series for the story and characters. Everybody loses.

Yeah, except both dante and wesker appear in MvC3 and the tweet was tagged with #ResidentEvil :)

Unless Ken returns in MvC4.
Hint: They're both holding handguns, which is what RE characters do in most RE cutscenes.
Dante holds handguns too. How do you know Dante isn't going to be in Resident Evil 7.

Grisby

Did the VA for Chris also play Batman in Arkham Orgins? Pretty sure he was Ezio too in Assassins Creed.

I like his work.

To be on topic though, I would play a buddy cop RE game.

Hopefully it is reboot, because the storyline is beyond salvation. Whoever wrote the scenarios for the games beyond Resident Evil 5 needs to stay far away from this game. Darkside Chronicles, Revelations and RE6 had some of the most ridiculously dumb plots I have ever encountered in gaming, with absolutely zero sense of self awareness.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
A REboot you say? Hell yeah! That would be awesome! But I'm not sure if I have that much faith in modern Capcom.

Top Bottom