• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom new game countdown? (Sengoku Basara 3)

Kildace

Dabanton said:
They are fucking annoying,it just creates a bad atmosphere around games.
when they are revealed and the hype deflates.

I'm guessing that they consider that the added awareness / reach by having a teaser through free editorial content negates the "hype deflation" when the reveal if sub-par since the people who are disappointed probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway.

I however agree, it is annoying. My main issue that the reveals often have no meat to them : looking back at the horrendous Konami teaser, the most annoying thing is that the "reveal" was just a name with no screenshots, concept art, details, nothing. If you're making me wait on elaborate flash sites for a month before a reveal, it should feel like I have learned something when the time comes.

Hobbun

Would be so fucking awesome if Capcom brought back BoF.

Yes, I know, they said recently they have no plans to do so anytime soon (if ever).

:(

Kunan

Kandrick said:
I hate this hype building with countdowns and announcements of announcements. Wish they would just shut up, and then BAM "HERE'S A NEW GAME IN YOUR FACE BITCHES"
Nintendo does it, and instead of people being happy about it they just assume they have decided to close their games shop :lol

angelfly said:
Would be awesome if Onimusha was getting an HD revival.
I sure hope so. I loved Onimusha 2 and 3. Just picked up DoD.

NO!

no more hype from capcom!!!!

they let me down with their "2 groundbreaking titles being announced at E3"

when they turned out to be RE PSP and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.....

jeremy1456

PseudoKirby said:
NO!

no more hype from capcom!!!!

they let me down with their "2 groundbreaking titles being announced at E3"

when they turned out to be RE PSP and Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.....

To be fair, Tatsunoko coming to the West was one of the biggest overall surprises at E3.

jeremy1456 said:
To be fair, Tatsunoko coming to the West was one of the biggest overall surprises at E3.
maybe to a hardcore capcom fan, but seriously, NOTHING like what they hyped it to be

I am sick of hoping for Power stone 3 and strider 3 and being let down

jeremy1456

PseudoKirby said:
maybe to a hardcore capcom fan, but seriously, NOTHING like what they hyped it to be

I am sick of hoping for Power stone 3 and strider 3 and being let down

If you're not a hardcore Capcom fan (especially during this generation) then you're doing it wrong.

And by 'NOTHING like what they hyped it up to be' I think you mean 'NOTHING like I hyped it up to be'

TunaLover

Dascu said:
Hmm, probably Wii and/or PSP then.

Edit: Paging TreIII

The Wii version sold like 3 copies in Japan, hopefully they price it at same level as PS2 (stupid premium sku kill sales). Anyway PS2/PSP/Wii port, free money.

Gilgamesh

Seems pretty clear that it's Onimusha, unless they're just misleading us with the 1560.

SecretBonusPoint said:
Maybe 1560 is when Capcom's next Castlevania game is set?
I was hoping someone would make this joke. :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Gilgamesh said:
Seems pretty clear that it's Onimusha, unless they're just misleading us with the 1560.
Seems pretty clear that you didn't read the post that had a link to the Sengoku Basara site, which had the 1560 image prominently displayed on it.

Gilgamesh

Shig said:
Seems pretty clear that you didn't read the post that had a link to the Sengoku Basara site, which had the 1560 image prominently displayed on it.
That does seem pretty clear, but you don't have to be a douchebag about it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Gilgamesh said:
That does seem pretty clear, but you don't have to be a douchebag about it.
You call that being a douchebag? Welcome to the internet, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wow, how did so many people miss neo's post about this being a Sengoku Basara announcement?

jts

...hate me...
1560, June 12 – Battle of Okehazama: Oda Nobunaga defeats Imagawa Yoshimoto.

jeremy1456

Gilgamesh said:
I would assume that GAF has a higher level of common courtesy than something like GameFAQs.

If this were gamefaqs he'd have mentioned your mom and questioned your sexual preference by now.

I really want this to be Basara for three reasons

1) The Dynasty Warriors genre is one that could be totally awesome if a little fucking effort went into them. Killing a million guys is TOTALLY cool. Doing it by pressing X over and over again is the uncool part.

2) If it's on the HD Consoles, that means a PS3 version, which will be region free, which means I can get it day and date(+shipping)

3) I hate Onimusha. I really like jumping, y'know? And Onimusha doesn't have any jumping.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'd be surprised if it was for PS3/360 since Basara is a Japanese-centric franchise. I'd guess PSP, PS2, or Wii.

TunaLover

Whatever, it's probably the same HEROES with ''new'' characters and ''new'' items and a new flashy crappy anime intro, the same boring formula, I pass.

slider

All I remember about Onimusha is that it was very pretty. Gameplay was a bit... samey (but visceral) wasn't it? Is everyone being nostalgic or am I just mis-remembering?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/onimusha/

As much as I'd like it to, I don't think this has anything to do with Onimusha. There's no mention of the countdown here (still focuses on Onimusha 3), like there is with Sengoku Basara's page.

Also, if you go to the front page of Capcom Japan, there's a listing under Basara for a "special site" for 6/26 and 6/29.

xfactor

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
it's onimusha alright. prob we're gonna get two more countdowns with the dates of the other two oni's and then the date for the new one.

Why is it featured on Sengoku basara series web site then?

neo2046

now is 1582

1560, 1573, 1582 are the time of Onimusha 1, 2, 3 taken

so it is almost confirmed it is Onimusha related

Tiduz

Eurogaime
neo2046 said:
now is 1582

1560, 1573, 1582 are the time of Onimusha 1, 2, 3 taken

so it is almost confirmed it is Onimusha related

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAN

plz be onimusha, i wanted that since the start of this gen