• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: No plans for Resident Evil 7 on Switch

Express Online has spoken to producer Masachika Kawata and director Koshi Nakanishi to find out if the Nintendo Switch games lineup is about to be given a boost.

Unforunately, however, it doesn't look good for Nintendo Switch fans with a taste for survival horror.

"I think it's a very unique piece of hardware," producer Masachika Kawata explained.

"I'm looking forward to the possibilities of the system itself, but we have no plans at the moment regarding Resident Evil on Switch."

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainm...-7-Nintendo-Switch-Capcom-release-date-review

entremet

I'm shocked.

It will get Monster Hunter, which fits console better. Also USF2, so Capcom isn't neglecting it.

USF2 is actually very interesting, but the price is insane. Game needs to be 20 bucks max.

ironcreed

Banned
giphy.gif

Tadaima

Typical Capcom on Nintendo home systems. We can usually expect a couple of toe dips and sponsored projects and that's about it.

However, Capcom on handheld Nintendo throws a spanner or two into the works.

RE4 is not coming to ps2 either

Not saying for sure RE7 will be on switch, but Capcom is the last company you can take seriously when they say something won't be ported

Pif

Banned
They wanna see how it sells first I guess.

If it is a massive success they will port it for sure.

sphinx

the piano man
here we go again.

we'll get a thread for every third party game that was never ever intended to appear on a nintendo console.

it always goes like this.

Dev: here's our game's platforms: PS4 X1 and PC
Person: will it appear on nintendo's console?
Dev: er... if that were the case I would have said so when we announced the platforms.

Tadaima

no one wants to bother with shit hardware

nintendo always stuck between two generations
The hardware is seriously cutting edge, and almost uncharacteristic of Nintendo. The portability is what holds it back in comparison to PS4 and XBO.

Compare it as a handheld to 3DS and it is multiple generations ahead.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I wonder if

There will be a topic for each game not coming to switch?
That would mean tons of threads!

There will ever be a dev confirming a game coming to switch because of a journalist question outside an official announcement? I highly doubt it

There will be a RE game on switch? Only if it will have a good install base

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
this shit again...

Tbf he's not wrong. If they even got the game running on Switch it would likely be heavily compromised.

The hardware is seriously cutting edge, and almost uncharacteristic of Nintendo. The portability is what holds it back in comparison to PS4 and XBO.

Compare it as a handheld to 3DS and it is multiple generations ahead.

If they want people to think of it as a handheld they should stop constantly referring to it as a home console.

RE is the perfect game for a system like Switch, especially with the HD Rumble. Not only could it be used for general exploration of the environment, but even the weapons themselves could each have their own unique feel with the joycon/pro controller. Examining items, solving puzzles, even reloading a gun, could have a nice facelift.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
RE4 sold more than a million copies on Wii - the appeal on Switch might be to play RE on the go or coop on one device.

I don't know about RE7 on the go, but I am pretty sure the franchise will arrive on Switch at one point.

A mega pack containing all of the recent remasters would be a guaranteed hit

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
RE is the perfect game for a system like Switch, especially with the HD Rumble. Not only could it be used for general exploration of the environment, but even the weapons themselves could each have their own unique feel with the joycon/pro controller. Examining items, solving puzzles, even reloading a gun, could have a nice facelift.

Reggie?

Top Bottom