• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Q1 data + million sellers as of 6/30/09 (RE4 Wii > RE4 GC)

cvxfreak

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/business/million.html

New data:

2. Resident Evil 5 - 5,000,000 (up from 4,400,000)
6. Monster Hunter Freedom 2G - 2,800,000 (up from 2,500,000)
8. Street Fighter IV - 2,700,000 (up from 2,500,000)
20. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,600,000 (up from 1,500,000) - surpasses GC version

Also, Capcom's expecting these sales out of their next big games worldwide:

Monster Hunter tri - 2,000,000
Dark Void (PS3, 360, PC) - 2,000,000 (I predict bomba)
Lost Planet 2 (PS3, 360, PC) - 2,700,000

Capcom sold 4.1 Million games in Q1 compared to 3.76 in Q1 2008. Capcom sold 1.7 Million units in Japan, 1.2 Million units in North America and 1.1 Million units in Europe, with another 100,000 units in Asia. Of that total, older games and budget versions comprised up of 2.5 Million sales.

Capcom had net sales of 14,148 Million Yen and an operating income of 4,711 Million Yen. That's a 36.0% and 32.5% YOY increase respectively, although Capcom suffered decreases YOY in their Arcade segments.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/pdf/fy2010_1st_quarter_a.pdf

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
cvxfreak said:
Capcom had net sales of 14,148 Million Yen and an operating income of 4,711 Million Yen. That's a 36.0% and 32.5% YOY increase respectively, although Capcom suffered decreases YOY in their Arcade segments.
So their operating income increased over last year despite Bionic Commando. I'm quite impressed.

Dot50Cal said:
Yep. I can easily see LP2 doing 4 Million. Not out of the gate, but with the word of mouth on the coop, hell yes.
Interestingly enough their 2.7 million prediction is the same amount that the first game ended up selling. The series has definitely reached a lot of people.

I'm not sure what they're smoking with Dark Void though.

Astery

Delay in debut of “Dark Void” (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
→ Postponed the release date to avoid competition with releases of
major titles of other companies
→ Plan to start sales in North America and Europe in the 4th quarter

really?

Does anyone have the link to where they predicted game sales for RE5 and SFIV? Their predictions seemed pretty low...trying to find it.

edit 2: FOUND IT!

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/359/Capcom's+sales+expectations/
Capcom have announced some expected sales figures for upcoming releases including Grin developed action title Bionic Commando. They expect the Swedish game to sell 1.5 million copies across all platforms. This can be compared to expectations on Resident Evil 5 (3.2 million) and Street Fighter IV (1.7 million) and seen in that light it comes across as optimistic. Capcom also expects Dead Rising: Chop till you drop for Wii to sell half a million

Pretty sure they're happy w/ RE5 and SFIV

ShinAmano

Note this is not a port begging as I already have the game on both PS3 and 360...but I would love to see SF4 on Wii just to boost sales...I feel there is a nostalgia associated with the game that would be a good fit for the Wii audience. Also the more one of my favorite games sells the better.

Mrbob

Wow RE5 only on two systems and has become Capcoms 2nd best selling game of all time? Am I reading this right?

Dark Void expectations are crazy.

meme

Banned
Wow at RE4 Wii, the better version won in the end \o/
And Wow at Monster Hunter being bigger than SFIV, and that's basically with Japanese sales :O

Sean

Banned
Capcom are fucking nuts if they seriously expect Dark Void to sell 2 million copies. I expect it to be an even bigger bomb than Bionic Commando was - at least that game had brand recognition/nostalgia going for it.

Flying_Phoenix said:
True, but than again that's what people said about Devil May Cry 4's expectations.

I think the difference is that DMC4 had a lot of hype and it was from an established series. Dark Void on the other hand still doesn't have a much hype. I'd say the hype for it is even less than what Bionic Commando had, and we all know how that ended.

And unless they mishandle LP2's marketing, it should definitely do more than 2.7m. I know that the developers don't want to talk about the Monster Hunter comparison, but they'd be foolish not to try to capitalize on that in Japan.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Than again what was Bionic Commando's expectations again?

1.5m.

DMeisterJ

Banned
2 milli for MH Wii? Seems really high for a game that will sell 80+% in the East...

Well they're already halfway there with their JP shipment though.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
If LP2 is coming to both consoles simultaneously, I could see them surpass those numbers by a large amount.

That game looks AMAZING, and both consoles should be graced with it at the same time.

kitzkozan

Dark void could end up being a million seller,but it's not easy in this day and age to propulse a brand new franchise into blockbuster territory without a lot of hype.

RE 5 at 5 million already? Very happy with this new and I hope they take their time to reboot the franchise or whatever and give us fresh new gameplay ideas.

SF IV should end up at 3 million as I predicted.I was optimistic when I said it should easily surpass SC IV and sell 3 million+,but the hype certainly helped it.Now I can finally rest assured that we will be seeing new SF for years to come. :D Bring on SF IV dash Capcom.

Capcom probably sold out somewhat since the start of this generation,but they deserve it after releasing so many classic since they started making game that ended up sleeper hits.

Hopefully my favorite developer can keep going strong for decades to come. :D

obonicus

The PDF says Q1 is up to March 31, 2009, but from NPD didn't Capcom sell over 2 million copies in Feb and March for SF4(>800k) and RE5 (>1400k), respectively? The '1.2 Million units in North America' seems odd, what am I missing?

Ogs said:
So, Lost Planet 2 is coming to the PC then ? Wish they would stop beating around the bush and just bloody say it is :).

it was pretty much known that the game was gonna be 360 and pc. then this e3 they revealed it was coming to ps3 too.

Rolf NB

Anyone wanna do the ratio of Capcom's own prediction:actual sales for Bionic Commando?

I'm looking forward to Dark Void, looks like a cool game

ccbfan

cvxfreak said:
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/business/million.html

New data:

2. Resident Evil 5 - 5,000,000 (up from 4,400,000)
6. Monster Hunter Freedom 2G - 2,800,000 (up from 2,500,000)
8. Street Fighter IV - 2,700,000 (up from 2,500,000)
20. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,600,000 (up from 1,500,000) - surpasses GC version

Also, Capcom's expecting these sales out of their next big games worldwide:

Monster Hunter tri - 2,000,000
Dark Void (PS3, 360, PC) - 2,000,000 (I predict bomba)
Lost Planet 2 (PS3, 360, PC) - 2,700,000

Capcom sold 4.1 Million games in Q1 compared to 3.76 in Q1 2008. Capcom sold 1.7 Million units in Japan, 1.2 Million units in North America and 1.1 Million units in Europe, with another 100,000 units in Asia. Of that total, older games and budget versions comprised up of 2.5 Million sales.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/pdf/fy2010_1st_quarter_a.pdf

Does MHP2G include the BEST version in Japan?

Cause I could have sworn there was already a press release months ago that the combine total of MHP2G reached 3 million.

If that the case the the MHP2G numbers should be 3.8 million since they've already announced the BEST version doing 1 mil a month ago.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Am I reading this wrong or did Bionic Commando sell (ship?) 550,000 copies.

2lcshlg.jpg

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Are those Bionic Commando numbers shipped units?

LOL @

Dark Void 2,000,000
Lost Planet 2 2,700,000

More like
Dark Void 0,000,001
Lost Planet 4,699,999

Zenith

Banned
Ogs said:
So, Lost Planet 2 is coming to the PC then ? Wish they would stop beating around the bush and just bloody say it is :).

it's been coming to PC since it was first announced.

Nirolak said:
Am I reading this wrong or did Bionic Commando sell (ship?) 550,000 copies.

The game has had a lot of price cuts world wide, so that wouldn't be surprising.
Still like a million short of Capcom's expectations, though.

Pein

Banned
AceBandage said:
The game has had a lot of price cuts world wide, so that wouldn't be surprising.
Still like a million short of Capcom's expectations, though.
maybe next time they won't release a bullshit demo for a game with a fresh mechanic no ones used to

Zenith said:
it's been coming to PC since it was first announced.

Sven on the Capcom forums has been saying its "not been announced", even though its blatently coming out on it :) Just wish theyd get on and announce the obvious :p.

Pein

Banned
Ogs said:
Sven on the Capcom forums has been saying its "not been announced", even though its blatently coming out on it :) Just wish theyd get on and announce the obvious :p.
probably a later date then consoles like all capcoms pc ports, I don't mind though the wait is worth it since the pc ports are the best versions.

Zenith

Banned
Ogs said:

Sven literally knows less than you do. Pay no attention to that ridiculously long job title he has, he's still just your typical Community Manager. He has a history of knowing jack.

QUOTE said:
Capcom have announced some expected sales figures for upcoming releases including Grin developed action title Bionic Commando. They expect the Swedish game to sell 1.5 million copies across all platforms.

So close.

kitzkozan

Technically RE 5 is the third best selling Capcom game after SF 2:world warrior and the CE edition/turbo.

The thing is that SF 2 turbo was released on the genesis and the super nes.It combined both the CE edition and hyper fighting and it sold around 5.75 million combined.

So at best,RE 5 will probably end up being the second best selling Capcom game of all time as I doubt it can still go on to sell 1.4 million. :p

cvxfreak

Prime Blue said:
I can see it coming from three miles away: BIOHAZARD THE SURVIVOR CHRONICLES!

I think Gun Survivor and Dead Aim would have made pretty good scenarios for Darkside Chronicles. :/ And they could have asset-recycled the latter.

Top Bottom