• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil needs to be more actiony, survival horror = sales less than CoD

Why, Capcom, why?!

They can't replicate the success of COD, they should be focusing on good IPs, and keeping them good. They killed Resident Evil and are now looting the body.

They're a giant (employee wise) company seemingly barely keeping their head above water at this point

Davey Cakes

Resident Evil 4 is the best game in the series, so I welcome the more actiony direction.
Yeah, but RE4 wasn't necessarily inspired by COD or the COD audience.

The way RE is going, it's like Capcom is taking more notes from the games that actually have a negative influence on the Resident Evil franchise.

RE4 was like lightning in a bottle. You won't be seeing a game that brilliant again.

Wray

RE needs less action not more. What it needs are better controls. RE:4 as great as it was, had too many zombies. By the time I had gotten to chapter 3-4 I had killed what 100's of zombies? It just didn't matter anymore and they had lost their impact. Oh look, another 10 zombies...bam bam bam.

- Fewer zombies

- Increase their damage and consequences of them getting close to you

- Implement smoother 3rd person shooting mechanics. Get rid of tank controls. More like Uncharted without the cover mechanics. (Though you can keep the cover mechanics for enemies that can shoot back.)

- Keep the ammo scarce.

Top Bottom