• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reveals new Mega Man X, cancels joke, makes a figure, KS funded (Summer 2015)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
This has been quite the emotional roller coaster. April Fools will never be the same again.

EDIT 7: Backer figures are arriving!
j1xroJ2.jpg
ixhDLXy.jpg
Ovoktkx.jpg

EDIT 6: Successfully funded!
3Vi07vD.png

EDIT 5: The Kickstarter is live! Go get your crazy April Fools figure on.
There's even a Kickstarter exclusive "Test-Color X" variant!
HxlEjvG.png

EDIT 4: The Kickstarter will be starting soon! Here's a new update as to how the figure will look.
OGjgYFU.jpg

EDIT 3: 6 months later edition!
Tuns out Mizuno Mega Man X design is getting a real figure. Even better, there will be a Kickstarter next month to fund it. Because wasting the coolest design ever would've been stupid.

qerVi9l.png

• 15cm in height (roughly in line with Bandai Figuarts MM figures)
  • Diecast armor on the chest, shin armor and feet
  • 20 points of articulation
  • LED functional X-Buster (can be swapped on either hands)
  • 2 additional set of hands (fist and splayed)
  • Extra faceplate ("shouting")
  • Swappable back thrusters (opened and closed)
  • Attachable blast effect accessory for the X-Buster
  • Tentative March/April 2015 release
  • Produced by TruForce Collectables
    [*]Bluefin distributing in North America
  • Colored prototype will be on display in February at the New York Toy Fare
  • Price is TBA

EDIT 2: Ucchy-san calls the design "a dream". Or maybe, y'know, this is the internet and we never forget.

It sounds like the removal of the original post was deliberate:
https://twitter.com/ROCKMAN_UNITY/status/451154431237554176
This thing is gonna end up being real.

oBdzoHf.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Capcom deleted the page, but you can still view proof via the Rockman Corner Article.

They canceled the joke.

I can't even.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original first post below

...model kit.

Urf6Tk8.jpg

InLxIC9.jpg

Rockman Corner said:
Designed by Mizuno Keisuke (artist for Mega Man Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X) this new model is the first product to release under Capcom's new "C.C.C" label (Capcom Creators Collection).
The C.C.C brand allows Capcom designers and artists to freely re-imagine new designs of existing characters into figures and model kits.

The official product details from Rockman Unity are something to see, too:

Size: 4/1 scale
Material: Titanium-X
Price: 4.1 million Zenny
APIF model number: SHVC19931217RX
Release date: April 1st, 21XX
NOTE: Special modeling kit nippers needed to penetrate Titanium-X. Basic welding and electrical skills are required.

Rockman Corner article
Original Announcement JOKE CANCELED IT DOESN'T EXIST RIGHT GUYS

That's a lot of effort for such a cool design to go to waste, so I figured it warranted its own thread.

Talk about this darn cool design!

The Flash

Banned
Man...I never thought I'd come to miss Mega Man. If only I knew then what I know now. ;_;

I watched an old G4 special on Mega Man yesterday and one guy said that he imagined that there would be many more Mega Man games to come. I was like "Yeah, you'd think that...".

Azure J

Is it bad that I walked in knowing what was up and still want this very badly? This + a model of SSB4 classic Megaman as models would get snapped up pretty quickly by myself.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
It may seem that I am very calm, but in my head I have killed you at least three times, Capcom.

213372bu

Banned
Capcom : It's been all these years but here's a greatly constructed X design. Oh yeah, by the way, we're still going to just keep this IP and do nothing with it. Thanks!

The only thing funny about this is that Capcom made it really cool so they could more effectively mock the fans of the MM series.

...wait, that's not funny. It's just fucking mean.

Acorn

Capcom trolling MM's fanbase continually is hilarious to me for some reason. Someone over there really hates Mega Man.

Top Bottom