• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom reveals new Mega Man X, cancels joke, makes a figure, KS funded (Summer 2015)

Repost for new page, because the article vanishing is easily explained:

It's been pointed out to me the original article is probably gone because it's no longer April 1 in Japan. The time of it disappearing (based on posts in this thread) is right around the time the clock hit midnight over there. It's not uncommon for Japanese April Fools jokes to completely cease to exist after the day of.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Boy, I sure am glad that April Fools has moved past the dumb funny jokes and back into the "Let's be a cunt for a day and bitch when people don't find it funny" realm.

Why must Capcom repeatedly kick me in the nuts? Why?

If I wasn't feeling so empty inside right now I would probably say that this is one of the greatest April Fools pranks I've ever seen.

Nice publicity stunt. I wouldn't be surprised if they spring the real thing at E3, and time its release to try and steal Mighty No. 9's thunder out of spite.

e6OfZxJ.gif

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's been pointed out to me the original article is probably gone because it's no longer April 1 in Japan. The time of it disappearing (based on posts in this thread) is right around the time the clock hit midnight over there. It's not uncommon for Japanese April Fools jokes to completely cease to exist after the day of.

True, but I can't recall them ever deleting an entire page in the past.

injurai

Banned

You're telling me Capcom of America doesn't care about our interests?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
They completed deleted the Mega Man Legends 3 dev room over in Japan... Mega Man is always the exception.

...Oh yeah. I locked that deletion far away in the back of my mind, but the wounds just busted open tenfold.

But hey, Aero will be in Sound Rangers, so that's....that's...;___;

This is superior trolling. This is intelligent trolling. Capcom knows their audience, what they love, and what they want. And they use this information to deny them everything.

Nice one-two punch, Capcom.

Fuck you guys

Fucking agreed.

"Be proud of your enemy and enjoy his success."

Capcom may not be my enemy, but damnit if they're not earning my respect like one can.

WarMacheen

They should have announced that they were going to retroactively cancel Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, and erase it's existence from planet Earth.

Beth Cyra

The only thing more cruel would be if it is real.

Like a crack dealer showing helpless addicts a little, then stealing it away... then actually giving them a bit more for a boatload of money and watching them eat each other and crawl like snakes to get it.
Fuck that noise.

If this was real all would be forgiven in my eyes. Marvel 3, Legends, and X-2 PSP? I would happily endure it all again for that model, so long as it was plastic.

The best part about all of this is the fact that the Mega Man design was actually good.

That is kind of the biggest kick to the balls... They had a professional graphic designer who spent days at least working on it... It's easily the best designed Mega Man period and it all for a joke? It just hurts so much.

213372bu

Banned
The only thing more cruel would be if it is real.

Like a crack dealer showing helpless addicts a little, then stealing it away... then actually giving them a bit more for a boatload of money and watching them eat each other and crawl like snakes to get it.

Ahahaha that's one way to put this situation.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like the removal of the original post was deliberate:

https://twitter.com/ROCKMAN_UNITY/status/451154431237554176

This thing is gonna end up being real.

Updated the first post with this. That sure was some highly detailed "dream" Ucchy-san had.

I sure hope the backlash forces them to do something with it. But Capcpom.

The deleting was because it isn't April Fools there anymore. This happened with many of the jokes this year.

Stop speculating.

Except that this was an actual design that had actual effort put behind it. Seems a bit suspicious to just toss it out there, especially with the state Mega Man is in now.

You must not own a Wii U, or you missed all of their tweets today.

Those tweets were awful, but lets not pretend one single guy tweets represent the company as a whole, even Moore had to issu an apology for the whole mess.

A-V-B said:

The perfect plan

Except that this was an actual design that had actual effort put behind it. Seems a bit suspicious to just toss it out there, especially with the state Mega Man is in now.

Stop it! I'm so desperate for a Mega Man hit, I'll believe this was a "test run" for the new art direction of a game that'll be announced at E3....

Beth Cyra

Stop it! I'm so desperate for a Mega Man hit, I'll believe this was a "test run" for the new art direction of a game that'll be announced at E3....
Dont do this now.

It'll be a Capcom gamers day reveal that is a sequel to Xover but you get to play as this X and a Rock they will reveal later.

Coming soon to iOS/Droid

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
It's like Mega Man fans look for a reason to be sad or angry.

It's not hard with Capcom's transcendent trolling, considering that every new bit of Mega Man news is a merchandise crossover or a canceled project.

Think about all the cool things the design could be used for rather than a deleted April Fools joke. Inafune would've done something good with it--the man loves a sleek design.

It's not hard with Capcom's transcendent trolling, considering that every new bit of Mega Man news is a merchandise crossover or a canceled project.

Think about all the cool things the design could be used for rather than a deleted April Fools joke. Inafune would've done something good with it--the man loves a sleek design.

You and some others are treating this April Fool's joke as a personal attack when it's just a harmless joke. Not everything Capcom does regarding the series is a slight against Megaman fans.

I am literally filled with rage. First they give fuck all about the fans, and then pull a stunt like this. I have extended my personal capcom boycott indefinitely til they right their mega man wrongs. The nostalgia runs deep in this one :(

It's great that Capcom has such a great rapport with Megaman fans that they can play these fun little jokes with them. We'll look back fondly on these jabs when Megaman Legends 3 comes out.

Dany

Banned
I'm sorry I'm confused. Was the joke cancelled because fans were upset by how cool it was or was them canceling it part of the joke?

injurai

Banned
It's like Mega Man fans look for a reason to be sad or angry.

It's like Capcom gives them a reason to be. How many people there still even be fond of the series? The whole "Not invented here" philosophy applies to teams that have to inherit projects.

Chances are nobody wants to work on it, and Inafune along with others are now at Comcept. Let alone Inti off doing more stuff on their own now too.

Top Bottom