• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom sale on 360

malfcn

They do percentages now because of regional pricing.
It's another by product of getting rid of the MSP pricing.

Dabanton

Of course the one game I want from capcom isn't on sale (Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen).

Lol i've been waiting for the price to drop on that for ages, I want it digitally. :(

Can anyone vouch for 'Remember Me' is it good? As that price is an impulse buy.

This is EXACTLY what I was waiting for!

Picking up:

DnD
Final Fight (remember this doesn't have the bullshit always online DRM ala PS3)
DR: Case West

Has anyone that got some of those $5 codes weeks ago been able to use them on any of these purchases? Everything I look at doesn't give me the option to pay with my Microsoft account, only Paypal or credit card.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Has anyone that got some of those $5 codes weeks ago been able to use them on any of these purchases? Everything I look at doesn't give me the option to pay with my Microsoft account, only Paypal or credit card.
if you're buying through your xbox you need to select a payment method after that you'll be prompted to use your MS wallet as partial pay.

if you have enough in your billgates to cover the whole purchase it'll give you the option outright on the purchase screen.

I might get SF III but idk... I need local players since I don't do Gold.

I don't think CVX will be worth the buy, since REmake is coming to next gen I'm sure CVX will follow.

if you're buying through your xbox you need to select a payment method after that you'll be prompted to use your MS wallet as partial pay.

if you have enough in your billgates to cover the whole purchase it'll give you the option outright on the purchase screen.

Ahhh, I see. I was trying to do it through the PC, but xbox.com didn't give me the option. I see it on actual 360 now. Kinda weird it doesn't work both ways.

Springy

Lol i've been waiting for the price to drop on that for ages, I want it digitally. :(

The art, the setting, the story and the memory changing stuff is all really good, I thought. The combat blows. I enjoyed it greatly.

Megaman 9 and 10. Man I tell ya- the day they bring Megaman X to the XBLA is the day I purchase something from there regardless of sales.

With regards to the Devil May Cry HD collection, is there a definitive version between the 360 and PS3? I'm tempted to get the 360 version because it's on sale now but I don't mind waiting for the PS3 version if it's better.

Sephzilla

With regards to the Devil May Cry HD collection, is there a definitive version between the 360 and PS3? I'm tempted to get the 360 version because it's on sale now but I don't mind waiting for the PS3 version if it's better.

Everything I've heard says they're identical.

The only think that would make the PS3 version "definitive" in any respect is that DMC1, 2, and 3 were PS2 exclusives. So the dualshock might feel more "natural" to you if you played those games on their original system.

Everything I've heard says they're identical.

The only think that would make the PS3 version "definitive" in any respect is that DMC1, 2, and 3 were PS2 exclusives. So the dualshock might feel more "natural" to you if you played those games on their original system.

Thanks for the quick reply! I've never played them and I avoided DMC 3 on PC because of the poor quality of the port so I'll plug my 360 in and pick up the HD collection along with Dead Rising.

Picked up Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles Of Mysaria. Game is fucking great. It's essentially a way more in-depth Golden Axe with a big load of D&D-esque mechnanics slapped on for good measure, levelling up, item shops, item inventory mid game, mutli-choice instances throughout the game, and each class has their own unqiue sets of abilities, good mix of melee, magic, and faith classes. The buff prayers on the cleric in particular are useful. Well worth the £3 I bought it for in the sale.

USrmryt.jpg

MYeager

It has an interesting story but the game is merely okay. For most of the game you'll be navigating the environments like Tomb Raider and fighting melee battles that are like an easier version of the Batman Arkham series combat. There's a couple of interesting game mechanics but they're either used too infrequently or don't change up the game very much. I thought the art style was neat. $10 is a good price for it.

I have exactly $15 to spend so I'm trying to decide between either DMC(Ninja Theory) or Resident Evil 4 & 5. DMC was one of my favorite games of last generation. I like it even more than the originals. I have never played through Resi 4 & 5 though I have played the first hour of 4 and the demo for 5. I wasn't a big fan of the controls even at the time they were popular so I'm not sure if my mind would be any different now. Hmmm.....decisions, decisions.

Ecto311

Dead rising 2 or off the record? Never played either and the devil may cry collection kinda looks lame since the disc version is the same price a lot of the time

BGMNTS

Dead rising 2 or off the record? Never played either and the devil may cry collection kinda looks lame since the disc version is the same price a lot of the time

Both very good.

Off the Record has the best end credits song ever.

Grisby

Thinking abour Dustforce, Mega Man 10, DnD, and ORC.

Unless anyone can talk me out of spending 11 bucks on ORC.

Thores

Looking pretty hard at DnD and Darkstalkers!

Wow, what sloppy handling on the SFxT DLC though. If it was on sale when SFxT itself was $10 a couple weeks ago, or if SFxT was on sale again this week, I probably would have gotten both. Instead I'm getting neither.

Does SF3 have a tutorial or training mode or something? I wanna get it since I've never played any iteration of 3 but I keep hearing how it's way more technical than the other games.

KyleCross

GAF, I need your help with Devil May Cry HD Collection.

Should I get it here digitally on the system and controller I least prefer... or spend another 10 bucks and get it on the PS3 physically? (Amazon has it for $15.37 but shipping will probably bump it up to about $20 which is how much I can get it in a local Walmart)

Don't trust the longevity of my 360 to invest in buying anymore games for it but this looks like a great sale I wish would be on psn.

Vice

Does SF3 have a tutorial or training mode or something? I wanna get it since I've never played any iteration of 3 but I keep hearing how it's way more technical than the other games.

It does. It will introduce you to basic system stuff, like parrying, and teach you a few useful combos per character.

Picked up Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles Of Mysaria. Game is fucking great. It's essentially a way more in-depth Golden Axe with a big load of D&D-esque mechnanics slapped on for good measure, levelling up, item shops, item inventory mid game, mutli-choice instances throughout the game, and each class has their own unqiue sets of abilities, good mix of melee, magic, and faith classes. The buff prayers on the cleric in particular are useful. Well worth the £3 I bought it for in the sale.

USrmryt.jpg

I got it at the last sales, but the shitty graphics drive me nuts. Seriously, I think it looks even worse than the emulated fighters they released before. Can't they try to fit the pixels properly? I regret the $4 I spent on it.

How do you part pay with the credit in your Microsoft account? I'm trying to use the £5 on my account to pay for Devil May Cry HD and use PayPal for the rest but when I go to buy it from my 360, it just has the PayPal option and my credit is greyed out.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
GAF, I need your help with Devil May Cry HD Collection.

Should I get it here digitally on the system and controller I least prefer... or spend another 10 bucks and get it on the PS3 physically? (Amazon has it for $15.37 but shipping will probably bump it up to about $20 which is how much I can get it in a local Walmart)

Get both!

Honestly, if the controller choice makes that big a difference for you, and you prefer physical as well, then you may as well order the PS3 version. You can't really go wrong with either.

USrmryt.jpg

Wait, is that the game I played in my Pizza Hut as a kid? It looks just like it.

Top Bottom