• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom sales data as of 9/30/2008

cvxfreak

Updated:

6. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - 2,550,000 (up from 2,400,000)
9. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd - 2,250,000 (up from 2,200,000)
11. Resident Evil 4 (PS2) - 2,050,000 (up from 2,000,000)
24. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,400,000 (up from 1,300,000)
35. Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - 1,150,000 (up from 1,100,000)

Notes:

1. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G passed Dino Crisis to become Capcom's 6th best selling game ever. Looks like it can surpass the original RE now that the budget version is out or if there's an international release.

2. Resident Evil 4 becomes the second best selling Capcom PS2 game, surpassing the first Onimusha. The best selling PS2 game is Devil May Cry, but RE4 comes out way ahead when you factor the other versions.

3. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition had the largest jump in sales relative to its LTD, and surpassed REmake on GC, as well as matching Dead Rising and Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X for PS2.

4. Combining the three console versions of RE4 on PS2, GC and Wii brings the game's total to 5,050,000, surpassing the PSone version of RE2. Depending on how much longer the Wii version sells, RE4 could become the best selling RE game in the series in a year or so, counting all versions of RE2 and RE4.

5. Meanwhile, DMC4's figure (combined for PS3/360) saw no changes last quarter. Neither did Lost Planet or Dead Rising's.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html

cvxfreak said:
4. Combining the three console versions of RE4 on PS2, GC and Wii brings the game's total to 5,050,000, surpassing the PSone version of RE2. Depending on how much longer the Wii version sells, RE4 could become the best selling RE game in the series in a year or so, counting all versions of RE2 and RE4.

Very nice, very nice.

Wollan

cvxfreak said:
Depending on how much longer the Wii version sells, RE4 could become the best selling RE game in the series in a year or so, counting all versions of RE2 and RE4.
RE5 will surpass it before it happens me thinks.

Scrubking

Dear Capcom,

See those Wii numbers? Stop ignoring them.

Thanks,

SK

P.S.

Devil May Cry 4 360/PS3 2,350,000
Lost Planet Extreme Con 360 1,500,000
Dead Rising 360 1,400,000

Resident Evil 4 Wii edition Wii 1,400,000
Resident Evil: Umbr. Chr. Wii 1,150,000

cvxfreak

Wollan said:
RE5 will surpass it before it happens me thinks.

I'm not sure.

Capcom's expecting around 3 Million for their current fiscal year, but with the weakness of the HD systems in Japan and the relative lack of legs of Capcom's HD games (no extra DMC4 shipments after only 2 quarters), it's going to be hard for RE5 to be at 5 Million within one year from now (and thus after a few months of sales).

cvxfreak

Wollan said:
RE5 has always been destined to be way bigger than DMC4 me thinks.

Capcom thinks so too, hence the larger initial expectations. But can Capcom get an extra two million sales right away?

RE5's destined to already lose in Japan, so it'll be up to the 360 to make up for it.

People like zombies, see Left4Dead pre-orders. RE5 will kill on every platform, I seriously think their expectations have been under estimates for the past year, perhaps the Japanese media is spinning the global (US and European) credit crunch as zOMG sell your lung and kidney to buy a PS3.

Spiegel

Scrubking said:
Dear Capcom,

Thanks,

SK

P.S.

See those PSP numbers? Stop ignoring them

Yeah, no

yurinka

Scrubking said:
Dear Capcom,

Thanks,

SK

P.S.
What? When they saw these numbers they planned Monster Hunter 3, Okami and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Not enough?

BTW Okami Wii sold less than 300k. And the awesome Zack & Wiki also had fucking low sales.

cvxfreak said:
I'm not sure.

Capcom's expecting around 3 Million for their current fiscal year, but with the weakness of the HD systems in Japan and the relative lack of legs of Capcom's HD games (no extra DMC4 shipments after only 2 quarters), it's going to be hard for RE5 to be at 5 Million within one year from now (and thus after a few months of sales).
Capcom is expecting around 3 Million worldwide from 13th, March 2009 to 31th, March 2009 (2 weeks). For Capcom, both Devil May Cry and Resident Evil are mainly focused to a western audience, so don't worry about the Japanese sales.

WrikaWrek

Banned
cvxfreak said:
I'm not sure.

RES5 being the biggest production ever at Capcom, and with 360 owners loving to buy games, i'm pretty sure PS3+360 RES5 will outsell RES4 pretty quickly.

yurinka said:
BTW Okami Wii sold less than 300k. And the awesome Zack & Wiki also had fucking low sales.

According to Capcom Okami Wii has sold at least 300K and is nearly on par with the sales of the original.

And in June it was announced that Zack and Wiki had sold more than 300K, so it would be above that now.

cvxfreak

yurinka said:
Capcom is expecting around 3 Million from 13th, March 2009 to 31th, March 2009.

Yes. I was referring to the very low possibility of RE5 getting to 5 Million+ by November 2009.

Scrubking

yurinka said:
What? When they saw these numbers they planned Monster Hunter 3, Okami and Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Not enough?

Until the Wii also gets their top games it will not be enough. The sales speak for themselves. There is no excuse.

And I can see the rapid influx of fanboys who don't want to see any of Capcom's top games on Wii. They must have been on alert.

Eteric Rice

Scrubking said:
Until the Wii also gets their top games it will not be enough. The sales speak for themselves. There is no excuse.

And I can see the rapid influx of fanboys who don't want to see any of Capcom's top games on Wii. They must have been on alert.

You know what these kinds of posts do to these threads, right?

*ducks because of the HD vs. Wii shit thats about to ensue*

yurinka

_Alkaline_ said:
According to Capcom Okami Wii has sold at least 300K and is nearly on par with the sales of the original.

And in June it was announced that Zack and Wiki had sold more than 300K, so it would be above that now.
True. But the original sales were too low. A gem like that deserved better sales, and Capcom expected them.

Die Squirrel Die said:
:lol :lol
Scrubking said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gjlt5jXkQM

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Scrubking said:
Dear Capcom,

See those PSP numbers? Stop ignoring them.

Thanks,

SK

P.S.
FIXED

DMC on PSP Please.

gbovo

cvxfreak said:
Capcom thinks so too, hence the larger initial expectations. But can Capcom get an extra two million sales right away?

RE5's destined to already lose in Japan, so it'll be up to the 360 to make up for it.
?

VerTiGo

Banned
Great numbers for Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition and Umbrella Chronicles. I wonder if the Wii Edition can surpass the GameCube release, it looks like it just might. A new Resident Evil game is definitely justified on the Wii. If Capcom can make one starring Leon and have it be like the CODE VERONICA of the current series then that would be awesome.

Where did we get those Okami numbers?

gbovo

cvxfreak said:
Yes. I was referring to the very low possibility of RE5 getting to 5 Million+ by November 2009.
Would RE5 need to sell 5 million copies before the game breaks even?

cvxfreak

gbovo said:
Would RE5 need to sell 5 million copies before the game breaks even?

Probably not. The discussion was whether RE5 could become the best selling game in the series. RE2 is currently that game when you factor in the various versions, but RE4 is extremely close. Wollan thinks RE5 can do it, but that's highly unlikely. Now, if a certain other version were to be released......

gbovo said:

The PS3 and 360 won't be popular enough in Japan to give RE5 the sales it needs relative to what RE4 got there. So it'll be up to the 360 worldwide to make up for the shortfall. I think the 360 version will do very well myself, but the PS3 version should be pretty popular too. Just not as popular as RE4.

wsippel

Banned
I don't know. While I'd love to see what a top team with a huge budget could achieve on Wii, I'm perfectly fine with smaller, more experimental games like Zack & Wiki. Those titles simply are a natural fit, and it's somewhat sad to see that Z&W isn't Capcoms bestselling Wii game. Understandable, but sad.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Scrubking said:

Yeah well, it used to be that gamers went where the games were, so what the fuck is wrong with some of you anyway?

yurinka

neojubei said:
FIXED

DMC on PSP Please.

DMC and GT4Mobile are something strange. They were announced before the release of the PSP, nobody knows anything about them but they're still oficially in the works.

See here, this is Capcom of Japan recently updated schedule (DMC PSP appears at bottom right corner):
http://www.capcom.co.jp/title_line_up/schedule.html

Capcom also had a really great PSP line-up. I want more games, not only this Basara. But don't worry, we are going to have Monster Hunter 3 in our favourite portable consoles.

mentalfloss said:
Don't forget us Wii60 fans who would also prefer the game on Wii.
What? Now DR Wii > DR 360? Does not compute. I don't understand you, dude. Please, explain it better.
robocop.gif

wsippel said:
I don't know. While I'd love to see what a top team with a huge budget could achieve on Wii, I'm perfectly fine with smaller, more experimental games like Zack & Wiki. Those titles simply are a natural fit, and it's somewhat sad to see that Z&W isn't Capcoms bestselling Wii game. Understandable, but sad.
This. Games like Zack & Wiki in Wii are key sale points for me, and not dumbed down ports of games that I already have in my HD console.

Eteric Rice

WrikaWrek said:
Yeah well, it used to be that gamers went where the games were, so what the fuck is wrong with some of you anyway?

It used to be that games went to the biggest userbase.

Things change.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
cvxfreak said:
Updated:
24. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 1,400,000 (up from 1,300,000)
35. Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - 1,150,000 (up from 1,100,000)

3. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition had the largest jump in sales relative to its LTD, and surpassed REmake on GC, as well as matching Dead Rising and Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X for PS2.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html

dayyuuuum.gif

How much has RE4: Wii Edition been doing quarterly? Is 100k the norm, a drop, or what?

I need lines graphs. :/

yurinka

cvxfreak said:
I want to point a little thing about RE4 vs DMC4. Capcom adds the sales of 360 and PS3 versions of DMC4 because it was a single multiplatform project with a single budget and a single team. Instead, RE4 versions are 3 separate projects, budgets, and teams (well 4 if we count the PC version).

BTW I bet RE5 will reach the top 5 and SFIV will reach the top 10 in this list.

Yes Boss!

WrikaWrek said:
RES5 being the biggest production ever at Capcom, and with 360 owners loving to buy games, i'm pretty sure PS3+360 RES5 will outsell RES4 pretty quickly.

This.

I don't always agree with WrikaWrek but I think he is on to something here.

yurinka said:
What? Now DR Wii > DR 360? Does not compute. I don't understand you, dude. Please, explain it better.

From what I've seen of RE4 so far, it looks graphically fantastic. But I would still take the IR control of RE4 Wii over what will be two inferior control setups for RE5. I hope reviewers actually take note of that when they give the game 10.0.

Johann

_dementia said:
Pity it cuts off at 9/30. I wanted to see how Order of Ecclesia did.

I'm sorry dementia, but your Iga is in another developer.

It's a great time to be Capcom. No other third party was better prepared for this generation.

-Kh-

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Notes:

1. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G passed Dino Crisis to become Capcom's 6th best selling game ever. Looks like it can surpass the original RE now that the budget version is out or if there's an international release.

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Spring 2009.

Top Bottom